The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Quote from: Santino on July 18, 2011, 01:05:32 PM
So who caught Money in the Bank last night?
Think it was my fav PPV since Calgary Stampede in 1997!

It was the best PPV I have seen in years. Two brilliant MITB matches and a 5* main event match that will go down as one of the best PPV main events in a longtime.

Punk has really upped the game in the WWE since his shoot promo and the atmosphere in the stadium last night was electric. It's going to be very interesting to see where the WWE is going to go with this storyline.

Daniel Bryan winning the Smackdown MITB was also a breath of fresh air while Orton/Christian was also enjoyable.

WWE is slowly but surely picking the pace up again but still needs more star power.

Santino

I see so many similarities between Miz and the Rock as well as Punk and Austin so hopefully this is about to kickstart a new era.
Orton and Cena have been on top longer than Austin and Rock ever were so time for them to put over Miz and Punk strong. Last night was the perfect platform to start from
For any old fans who have lost interest or anyone with even a passing interest, make sure to catch the replay! This one will be talked about for yrs.

ross4life

Yeah great PPV last night was well booked. Apparently Punk did a similar storyline with Ring of Honor before he left. Hopefully Del Rio,Daniel Bryan are given the titles.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Go home ref

Best PPV ive seen in about 5 years main event was class and I thought the Smackdown MITB was particularly good

anportmorforjfc

Don't think there has been a better crowd in years.

ross4life

ECW one night stand 2005 is still ahead in crowd reaction.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Santino

First time in yrs i'm gonna watch Raw live later so they must have done something right!
Might watch the replay at 9pm first too!

Santino

If WWE put hometown talent in featuring roles like this more often it would make the events seem much more important, as opposed to burying hometown guys like theyve done much more often.
Zach Ryder for world title shot next time they roll into LI!!

Gabriel_Hurl

Sin Cara suspended for failing a steroid test - silly boy

Go home ref

Vince got "fired" by HHH last night I guess that's the end of Vince's TV persona so.

ross4life

Raw was poor last night they wasted two hours by having a tournament to crown a new champ only to not crown one. Whoever wrote that storyline at the end should be fired.

Santino

Pretty irrelevant first 100 mins fair enough but the final angle was v well done and if followed through will be remembered for yrs.

Santino

Fair enough I reckon. If he can last near an hour with Shawn Michaels he must be damn good (when he knows he has to put the effort in)
Only reason Undertaker-Shawn matches wouldn't have been 5* is due to predictable winner.
What was last 5* match?

ross4life

Hell in a cell HBK v Taker Bad Blood 1997 i think.

DownFanatic

I ordered Summerslam last night. Actually thought it was a very good PPV.

The bonus 6 man tag at the start was fast and energetic and I actually thought that Henry/Sheamus and Bryan/Barrett were two above average matchups.

Orton/Christian was brilliant with some great spots. Christian took some great bumps too. Punk/Cena delivered yet again with the whole Nash/Del Rio end segment making for interesting viewing over the next few weeks.