The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

hard to believe he was only 33 - i remember them talking about he was a bodyguard for motley crew in their time so i thought he would have been in his forties...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteMarch 17, 2009
DETROIT, MI - Former UFC Heavyweight Champion, Tim Sylvia was involved in a fight at a bar in downtown Detroit Michigan with 7 foot, 320 pound WWE Superstar, Glen 'Kane' Jacobs.

No details are currently being released on how the fight started. A witness says the two were arguing and Tim Sylvia instigated the fight. Jacobs quickly took Sylvia to the ground and repeatedly punched him in the face. The bartender along with a bystander helped pull Jacobs off Sylvia. Sylvia was said to have suffered a broken nose and a black eye.

The police were notified but since the fight was not prolonged and neither men wanted to press any charges, no arrests were made. Sylvia was driven by a friend who was with him to the hospital to treat the broken nose. Glen Jacobs left the scene with his wife shortly after.

More details to be released as they come in.

Santino

Go on Kane!
Thats some serious street cred for him now. Well, better than Jericho taking out that girl a few wks ago anyway!
Reminds me of the time Orndorf beat the shit outta Vader behind the scenes of WCW in terms of an underdog victory.

Santino

Actually thats a far better example!
Theres something i like about JBL despite his reputation as a bully. Though he that one coming, you defo wouldn't have thought Joey was the man for the job!

Santino

Right, WM 25 prediction time!
Have to think Triple H is finally gonna get his big Wrestlemania moment. have an image in my head of how WM is gonna close with Triple H and all the McMahons celebrating in the ring. When this match 1st announced i wasn't really that interested in another rehashed feud but they certainly took it to a whole other level and it could be one of the most intense feuds in a WM main event. Randy's actions last week on Stephanie and Triple H was one of the best heel performances i've ever seen, esp the cold kiss.
Not quite as interested in the triple threat match. Hope edge wins it and gets some fresh opponents in the draft.
Looking like Undertaker gonna keep the streak alive since HBK been getting the better of him all along. They need someone a bit younger to finally end the streak and get plenty of mileage outta it. Will be surprised if this isn't match of the night.
Jericho will hopefully make the best of the poor hand he's been dealt after many expecting him to face Hogan, Flair or Austin. Piper will bring plenty of psychology to the match and maybe steamboat will still be fit for some smooth wrestling and hopefully Snuka will be eliminated quickly. Will likely come down to Jericho and Piper with Piper winning after interference from Rourke, Flair, Austin or all 3.
Matt to beat Jeff, hopefully cleanly a-la Owen Hart to raise his stock.
JBL to retain IC title in screwy fashion and retire as champion
Miz/Morrison to become unified champs
Christian to win MITB and hopefully go on to feud with Edge, though could be MVP or Punk but none of others likely.
Divas match should be won by a current diva and a heel would get best mileage outta it so maybe Michelle McCool.
Should be a cracking show.
4 days and countin!

Galwaybhoy

For the first time in years I'm not really excited about Wrestlemania.  Infact I'll be in Norway and I'll miss it anyway but I'll probably watch a repeat show when I'm home.  I haven't watched Raw or Smackdown in weeks.  The only match I'm looking forward to is Taker vs HBK.  Should be an amazing match with Taker to win, tbh I don't think the streak should ever end.

I'm surprised Santino that you think Tripe H will win, now as I said I haven't watched Raw in weeks so I haven't followed this feud, but a month or two back I was sure that Orton would obviously win cleanly.  Mind you, anything other than an Orton win wouldn't make sense to me, Orton needs this to get to the next level, he is the future of the WWE.  Not Triple H.

The MITB, I'm not fully sure of all the wrestlers involved in this, I would love Christian to win, but supposedly Vince is not big on Christian so I'd say MVP will take this.

Matt will hopfully beat Matt to continue this feud, though I have a feeling Jeff will win and that will be the end of any push for Matt.

The rest of the matches, well I don't know anything about them.

On another note, I see Tazz has left the company after his contract expired.

Galwaybhoy

Was Bobby Lashley the secret ex world champion?  What a disappointment.

Why is Foley the TNA world champion, the company goes from bad to worse...

The Iceman

Bobby Lashley must have given up on Mixed martial arts then - he won his last fight just about, and he was fighting a nobody
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

On the contrary - he has a fight in a few weeks for a company called XFC

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: noeldebrun on April 25, 2009, 12:38:25 PM
got tickets today for the undertaker rest in peace tour today for the belfast show, 6 rows from the front not too bad

My girlfriend brought her wee brother to the one that was on last night, I was gonna go but had to f**king work. Said it was good craic, main even was Cena and Mysterio versus Edge and Big Show...

mortified

just watchin the repeat of backlash, was hoping the hardy fight would have finished better, no swanton on to the table not impressed
quit your jibba jabba fool!!

longball

Havent heard any results/reports from Judgement day any use? what went down
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Santino

Fairly uneventful. Good matches were morrison-benjamin, edge-hardy and best was rey-jericho. Morrison took some crazy bumps.
Worth downloading but not PPV.
Nothing with batista in it interests me these days
Backlash was lot better and Extreme Rules should be better again with Edge-Hardy ladder match

longball

What went down at Extreme Rules anything exciting?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Gabriel_Hurl

Punk cashed in MITB at the end of the Hardy -Edge match defeating Hardy for the title

Batista beat Orton for the title

Tommy Dreamer won the ECW title