The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Took a notion of watching some of the million s (AND MILLIONS) of the Rock's youtube videos over Chrstmas. To my mind he was the best I ever seen and his command of crowds and the microphone will probably never been equalled. Having said that it will also be a long time until you get the same kind of mix of personalties that would feed off eachother as well as back in those day.

Foley, Stonecold, Angle, Triple H, The Big Show and the Rock (Not to mention Kane/Undertaker who maybe just weren't as good but better than what I'v seen recently) were all great wrestlers and seem to be better than what the WWE have been churning out this last while. If you get a spare few minutes you should check out the Rock's 'strudel' speech with Lillian! Oh and I was actually at that ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hf-qqc1J_eo

his holiness nb

Kurt Angle, best ever. Bar none.

Watched the Angle v Benoit Royal Rumble classic from a few years back last night, brilliant stuff.
Ask me holy bollix

Santino

Hopefully Angle will resign with WWE later this year when his TNA contract expires. Him and CM Punk could have a classic to rival the Benoit matches. Could certainly watch another Angle-Michaels feud too.
Michaels sorta wasted this year at Mania if they're gonna drag the JBL feud out til then, although the pair are selling the story pretty well cuz JBL has few equals on the mike. Am sure it'll be the match of JBL's career.

Our Nail Loney

Watched some of those clips of the Rock there the other night, they are a laugh, I had forgot a lot of the stuff, have been going about caling people jabroneys!!

longball

Does anyone on if Royal Rumble is gonna be pay per view or is it on sky sports?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Santino

Its on sky box office. Heading off to the states for 3 months this week so going to it live and can't feckin wait! Just watched the 1992 rumble to get in mood and its still a classic.
Prob a long shot, but is anyone else on here for it? Keep an eye out for an Armagh jersey bout 5th row!

Our Nail Loney

Anyone know of anywhere online where you can stream Raw and Smackdown?? Also are there torrents of old Royal Rumbles and the likes?

Gabriel_Hurl

I know there's a channel on Justin TV showing all the old stuff

most old shows are on various torrent sites

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 19, 2009, 06:57:05 PM
I know there's a channel on Justin TV showing all the old stuff

most old shows are on various torrent sites

Cheers Gab, will get a look when I go home, have never went on that Justin TV thing, does it update quickly?

Gabriel_Hurl

Vince took some kick to the head last night  :o :o :o :o

Gabriel_Hurl

I've been reading that myself Noel

Santino

Fermanagh might even get a double figure score some day if they had him!
Hope they're not building to Orton v Vince at Mania.
Jim Ross sayin few days ago that Austin is in no condition to take any bumps for a match so not gettin my hopes up any more. Though could it be just to add to the suspense? Hogan hasn't taken a big bump since Goldbergs jackhammer ten yrs ago and it never stopped him gettin a big payday!

Santino

Would say you're not too far off there and hope your right about Orton - Austin
Would love to see Jericho - Undertaker for something fresh and they could kickstart it in the rumble match. Not too many fresh matches for Cena though.

Our Nail Loney

Tried tat Justin TV  but it didnt seem to have the old aw or Smackdown shows...

Ah well   :(

Gabriel_Hurl

Good PPV last night I thought

Road to Wrestlemania starts now  ;D