Gaelic Football RIP

Started by High Fielder, July 21, 2018, 06:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

The game has turned into a farce. It's not Gaelic Football. It's a hybrid Basketball/Rugby League game now. Actually kicking the ball is the stuff of history. No wonder people are walking away. Boring as f**k

Jinxy

No, you're wrong.
It's better than it has ever been.
Apparently.
Which is why people who've played and watched the game for decades can't be arsed with it anymore.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

High Fielder

Robotic stuff. Mind numbing. No fun at all

bennydorano

First year ever (well, since childhood) that i havent went to one Armagh match, McKenna Cup, League or Championship - and we're relatively easy on the eye!

befair

Desperately need a rule to make the massed defence redundant; club football is even worse than county football for this stuff

inthrough

Change the fecking record.

One thing that is worse than football are these mind numbing threads.

High Fielder

Ha ha. McCann just rugby tackled a Dublin lad and didn't even get a card. Pathetic stuff. GAA groupies defending the indefensible

CumminsCiderLarry

Quote from: High Fielder on July 21, 2018, 07:06:59 PM
Ha ha. McCann just rugby tackled a Dublin lad and didn't even get a card. Pathetic stuff. GAA groupies defending the indefensible

Never a black card. Dublin player dived.

An Watcher

The title of this thread needs changes to intercounty football.  Club football is still very entertaining

JoG2

Quote from: An Watcher on July 21, 2018, 11:00:32 PM
The title of this thread needs changes to intercounty football.  Club football is still very entertaining

And county u20 / minor.. It's the future  ;)

ONeill

Watch club football.

And leave county football to us frowners who love the offside trap.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sid waddell

You mustn't have watched the last four All-Ireland club finals.

Tyrone v Dublin this evening was light years ahead both in quality and entertainment.

longballin

Quote from: sid waddell on July 21, 2018, 11:19:37 PM

Tyrone v Dublin this evening was light years ahead both in quality and entertainment.

but overall not just some selected games club football is much better

sid waddell

Quote from: longballin on July 21, 2018, 11:21:12 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on July 21, 2018, 11:19:37 PM

but overall not just some selected games club football is much better
Overall, club football is light years behind.

Most of it is absolute dirge.

The real stuff is played at inter-county level.

Club football is kids stuff by comparison.

High Fielder

If by real stuff you mean uncompetitive and repetitive then fair enough. Dublin are the best exponents of the modern game, but they're hardly exciting are they? I'm just expressing a personal opinion here. I find modern intercounty football dull. The endless hand passing, the lack of physicality, the handbags blow ups, the make it up as you go along refereeing, the atmosphere at matches etc. Modern football is rubbish in my opinion