Tyrone v Dublin for a place in the aisf. Omagh

Started by rrhf, July 15, 2018, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 22, 2018, 12:24:41 AM
At the game itself I was livid with Coldrick. Watched it again when I got home and I have cooled a bit. I still think he done us in on some big calls e.g. RoN's free, Ritchy pickup free was a clear foul beforehand by Dub going in with feet etc. However, it masks the main reason we were beat, our shooting. Some of it was down to superb pressure by the Dubs, however, we were guilty of going for some silly shots that should have been recycled.

All in all I'm happy with the progression. If RoN scored at the end it would have set up and interesting last two minutes but the Dubs were clinical in wrapping it up. They do all the small things so well. Very rarely make mistakes and have pace and power to burn. They remind me so much of the great Kilkenny hurling team.

Onwards to Ballybofey were I think we've got a great chance.

Agree but a very disappointing free from Ronan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

straightred

Quote from: ONeill on July 22, 2018, 12:03:47 AM
Quote from: sam03/05 on July 21, 2018, 11:29:45 PM
Exact same thing happened on the Ronan O'Neill free at the end.
Dubs moved inside to put him off - no retake on this occasion!
Goldrick has a terrible game and made some shocking calls
But the wide / retake Free were massive calls.

Didn't look like a wide to me.

It wasn't wide - i was in that corner and i'm convinced it was over

straightred

At the game itself I was livid with Coldrick. Watched it again when I got home and I have cooled a bit. I still think he done us in on some big calls e.g. RoN's free, Ritchy pickup free was a clear foul beforehand by Dub going in with feet etc. However, it masks the main reason we were beat, our shooting. Some of it was down to superb pressure by the Dubs, however, we were guilty of going for some silly shots that should have been recycled.

All in all I'm happy with the progression. If RoN scored at the end it would have set up and interesting last two minutes but the Dubs were clinical in wrapping it up. They do all the small things so well. Very rarely make mistakes and have pace and power to burn. They remind me so much of the great Kilkenny hurling team.

Cooper commited a blatant push in the 2nd half and got away with what would have been a tap over free - dublin went straight down and scored. Aside from that he let a lot go but i was glad he did - really enjoyable 2nd half

cjx

What has Harte against Lee Brennan? He would have added more and slotted that free with easeand needed game time before Donegal
O'Neill has repeatedly let Tyrone down in crunch
situations and frees
But the fumbling and bad shot selection was a killer Not all Dub pressure by any means.
Colm Cavanagh had a dodgy game for the goal and one two points conceded but Frank Burns was outside and nowhere when McCarthy ran in and it was the same for Roscommon's second goal the week before He got a wonder point but must work with Colm on positioning as Peter Canavan said before the match tonight.
HP McGeary's lack of experience showed in giving Rock a second chance at that 50m free
Coldrick was a disgrace as many a time before Its bizarre how such crap reffing gets washed aside It cost Tyrone 3 points and also a penalty call with up front Kilkenny blocking tacklers allowing easier shots as he does
McAuley should get 3 months off Why can't officials communicate ( ask Kevin McStay)
Forgive the typo trying to come down after an annoying evening but still all Tyrone need is a draw up in Ballybofey. Thank God its two weeks away but the record up on yonder blasted heath is not good and Murphy looked good with McHugh today.

dublin7

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 21, 2018, 09:26:01 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 21, 2018, 09:02:23 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 21, 2018, 05:49:25 PM
Dublin fans are really really letting themselves down at the Gortin road end. Trying to break into stand to get to the bar.
Bulls**t.  One of those "fans" was an elderly man out hospital who just wanted tea &a sandwich. He was manhandled by Gestapo stewards and only when he demanded the cops be called did they back off. Scumbags on a power trip some of the stewed. Head steward eventually arrived and he was the only one who was polite and helpful

Nope. I was there and heard the whole thing. They were after the bar. Repeatedly they were shouting "do you not want our money??"

They were expecting a bar in the terrace and were caught out because they were stuck inside once they went in.

So take your lies away with you.

No hot food on the terrace so when people went looking for it in the main stand the Gestapo stewards stepped in. I noticed none of them were around at the end to help with traffic getting out of the car park. Nightmare getting out.

dublin7

Quote from: straightred on July 22, 2018, 12:56:40 AM

Cooper commited a blatant push in the 2nd half and got away with what would have been a tap over free - dublin went straight down and scored. Aside from that he let a lot go but i was glad he did - really enjoyable 2nd half
Tiernan McCann rugby tackled Philly McMahon to the ground in the 1st half. Black card all day long. How Colm Cavanagh got away with 2 cynical fouls is beyond me.

Dubs sat back when they went 6 up and nearly got caught out. Tyrone don't have a good enough forward line to win an all ireland. That free they missed at the end is unforgivable at that level.

RedHand88

Quote from: dublin7 on July 22, 2018, 01:24:07 AM
Dublin fans are really really letting themselves down at the Gortin road end. Trying to break into stand to get to the bar.
Bulls**t.  One of those "fans" was an elderly man out hospital who just wanted tea &a sandwich. He was manhandled by Gestapo stewards and only when he demanded the cops be called did they back off. Scumbags on a power trip some of the stewed. Head steward eventually arrived and he was the only one who was polite and helpful

Nope. I was there and heard the whole thing. They were after the bar. Repeatedly they were shouting "do you not want our money??"

They were expecting a bar in the terrace and were caught out because they were stuck inside once they went in.

No hot food on the terrace so when people went looking for it in the main stand the Gestapo stewards stepped in. I noticed none of them were around at the end to help with traffic getting out of the car park. Nightmare getting out.

Lol hot food? Where do you think you were!? Anyway, I was standing beside them when it kicked off. I heard it all and it was nothing to do with food. They wanted to go to drink in the bar. Gestapo stewards are there to ensure that those who have a seated ticket won't lose their seat to gombeens with terrace tickets who walk onto the pitch to try to bull their way into the stand. They were absolutely right to stop you getting in. Funniest part was them screaming that they were being discriminated against!

I know the majority of Dublin fans are excellent gaels who would travel the country to watch their county but they were really let down tonight by that bunch of entitled thuggish idiots.

Syferus

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 22, 2018, 01:37:33 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 22, 2018, 01:24:07 AM

Lol hot food? Where do you think you were!? Anyway, I was standing beside them when it kicked off. I heard it all and it was nothing to do with food. They wanted to go to drink in the bar. Gestapo stewards are there to ensure that those who have a seated ticket won't lose their seat to gombeens with terrace tickets who walk onto the pitch to try to bull their way into the stand. They were absolutely right to stop you getting in. Funniest part was them screaming that they were being discriminated against!

I know the majority of Dublin fans are excellent gaels who would travel the country to watch their county but they were really let down tonight by that bunch of entitled thuggish idiots.

The majority of Dublin fans are insufferable bandwagoners.

SkillfulBill

The only comments on this I will make are the Dubs are not only the best team in ireland they also have the best supporters in Ireland it's a pleasure to share a ground with them and it's also a pleasure to sing the national anthem with them and it will also be a pleasure to bate them in an All Ireland final. Come on the Dubs sorry Tyrone....

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Main Street on July 21, 2018, 09:29:21 PM
Excellent performance from the Dubs, they played really enjoyable and intelligent football. Tyrone (cliche alert) did ask a some questions, however,  complaining about the ref's performance  is missing in total  the essential elements of why Dublin won, with relative ease.

Any dick making comments like this has not a f**king clue. Dubs far from comfortable win and the one team they will want to see out of the hunt is Tyrone they would laugh their bollix off with Monaghan in an All Ireland final.

Jayop

Quote from: dublin7 on July 22, 2018, 01:29:50 AM

Tiernan McCann rugby tackled Philly McMahon to the ground in the 1st half. Black card all day long. How Colm Cavanagh got away with 2 cynical fouls is beyond me.

Dubs sat back when they went 6 up and nearly got caught out. Tyrone don't have a good enough forward line to win an all ireland. That free they missed at the end is unforgivable at that level.

Aye and if only you be let take a free you missed again twenty yards closer?? Nah only the dubs get that pleasure.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Jayop on July 22, 2018, 02:57:44 AM
Quote from: dublin7 on July 22, 2018, 01:29:50 AM

Aye and if only you be let take a free you missed again twenty yards closer?? Nah only the dubs get that pleasure.

well when a player blatantly and openly moves closer to the free kick than is allowed then what is supposed to happen??

RedHand88

Quote from: SkillfulBill on July 22, 2018, 02:53:48 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 21, 2018, 09:29:21 PM
Excellent performance from the Dubs, they played really enjoyable and intelligent football. Tyrone (cliche alert) did ask a some questions, however,  complaining about the ref's performance  is missing in total  the essential elements of why Dublin won, with relative ease.

Any dick making comments like this has not a f**king clue. Dubs far from comfortable win and the one team they will want to see out of the hunt is Tyrone they would laugh their bollix off with Monaghan in an All Ireland final.

It was panic stations at the end during that Tyrone spell. Cluxton sending kickouts all over the shop.

square_ball

Quote from: cjx on July 22, 2018, 01:06:08 AM
What has Harte against Lee Brennan? He would have added more and slotted that free with easeand needed game time before Donegal
O'Neill has repeatedly let Tyrone down in crunch
situations and frees
But the fumbling and bad shot selection was a killer Not all Dub pressure by any means.
Colm Cavanagh had a dodgy game for the goal and one two points conceded but Frank Burns was outside and nowhere when McCarthy ran in and it was the same for Roscommon's second goal the week before He got a wonder point but must work with Colm on positioning as Peter Canavan said before the match tonight.
HP McGeary's lack of experience showed in giving Rock a second chance at that 50m free
Coldrick was a disgrace as many a time before Its bizarre how such crap reffing gets washed aside It cost Tyrone 3 points and also a penalty call with up front Kilkenny blocking tacklers allowing easier shots as he does
McAuley should get 3 months off Why can't officials communicate ( ask Kevin McStay)
Forgive the typo trying to come down after an annoying evening but still all Tyrone need is a draw up in Ballybofey. Thank God its two weeks away but the record up on yonder blasted heath is not good and Murphy looked good with McHugh today.

What experience got to do with it?? He's played hundreds of games from he was a cub. Nothing to do with experience just pure stupidity.

rrhf

Tyrone's finishing team quite strong and ran at Dublin hard causing problems. Dubs are unreal. Tyrone can make an all Ireland final. Need a draw in ballybofey