The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galwaybhoy

Anyone watching UFC101 tonight?

BJ Penn vs Kenny Florian for the UFC lightweight championship and Anderson Silva Vs. Forrest Griffin is on the card as well.  Should be good!

Eastern_Pride

Just got the ufc ps3 game there it's fantastic is it worth watching ufc then? I watched one where some poor chap had to stay in a steam room for 2 hours to lose weight....
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Galwaybhoy

Ya its worth watching.  I wouldn't be a huge fan, I have watched it a bit over the last few years, I was always more of a boxing fan, but it has grown on me so tonight will be the first PPV I stay up to watch.

SLIGONIAN

Did any of ye see Anderson Silva fight against Forrest Griffin, awesome performance....

Penn beat Kenny Florian handy enough..

Showtime show UFC over here, really into it now, Diego Sanchez is probably my favouriite... I see Dana White and Tito Ortis have made up and Titos back in UFC,,, Brock Lesnar is the man to beat at heavyweight...

In UFC 100 that was some knock out by Henderson on Bisping...
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Gabriel_Hurl

tyroneman

They need to get fedor into the ufc

The Iceman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 01, 2009, 11:56:37 PM
Anyone watching TUF 10?
Aye I'm watching it Gabe.  Good enough so far with Rampage's personality dominating the show and making up for the amateurish performances by the fighters and lack of action in the house.
Kimbo comes across as a humble, down to earth guy.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: The Iceman on October 02, 2009, 01:39:35 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 01, 2009, 11:56:37 PM
Anyone watching TUF 10?
Aye I'm watching it Gabe.  Good enough so far with Rampage's personality dominating the show and making up for the amateurish performances by the fighters and lack of action in the house.
Kimbo comes across as a humble, down to earth guy.

Im watching aswell, just seen 2nd episode last night, Kimbos fight, had serious bother on the ground wrestling couldnt get yer mans 265 pds off him. Might not be the end of Kimbo Slice though.

Did ye hear Rampage has retired and has renegaded on his fight with Rashid to focus on his actng career. Bit of a cop out and im sure he has broken his contract with UFC.

Chuck lidell on dancing with the stars in the states. These lads like the fame.

Fedor wa offered a huge contract to go UFC and dana was sure hed take it, but Fedors team want co promotion revenue and commercial stuff so UFC backed out which is right IMO. Dana reckons fedor doesnt want to fight in UFC.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Medic

All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

The Iceman

Lesnar would dominate Fedor based on Fedor's performance this past weekend.

GSP is a different weight class....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ross4life

UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez at 4am should be a good one
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Iceman

Cant wait for it - heading to Applebees shortly with a couple of mates. $2 bud light pints and half prize appetizers. HD 52 inch screen at the table - couldnt beat it.

ross4life

Lesnar will do well to come back from that bad beating? Velasquez is suppose to get punch harder than any boxer He'll take some beating
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

The Iceman

Velasquez is the real deal. He was mobile, lots of head movement, used the angles well, clearly out boxed Lesnar and was able to take him down and show great ability to get back up from Brock's take downs.
Before this fight, Cain did not look like a big puncher. He wasn't able to stop Kongo,although he did land a nice punch on Big Nog to finish him.
He looked like he pulverised Brock.

I can see a Mir submitting him in fairness. Cain could just be Brock's kryptonite. This blows the division wide open and sets up a lot of fights.
Carwin has a comeback fight, then Brock, then a rematch. Mir is in the mix, Junior Dos Santos, Roy Nelson, Brendan Schaub dominated Gabe Gonzaga so he has to be included. A lot of talent there and a lot of exciting fights.....

gallsman

Watched my first full UFC event last night.

Main event was guff, largely strikes. GSP fully deserving of win.

Randy Couture was well beaten - never stood a chance and was knocked out by a fantastic front kick.

The Feeatherweight Title fight between Aldo and Hominick however was absolutely brilliant. The swelling on Hominick's eye was the size of a tennis ball!