The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Hound on August 22, 2016, 04:39:22 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 22, 2016, 04:24:15 PM
Why does McGregor not get a win bonus??
It's a good thing for McGregor rather than a negative.
The deal was $3M for McGregor and $2M for Diaz guaranteed regardless of who wins.

Crazy money . . . wasn't that long ago we heard the famous "60G's BABY!!"

It seems like such an insignificant amount now!

gallsman

As for Cerrone, I thinking he'll come up short once he gets to the real contenders at 170. If he wants a belt, chasing the lightweight one is still his best option.

Gabriel_Hurl

McGregor and Diaz getting a cut of the PPV money as well - they'll both walk away with close to $10million each

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2016, 04:45:43 PM
As for Cerrone, I thinking he'll come up short once he gets to the real contenders at 170. If he wants a belt, chasing the lightweight one is still his best option.
Larkin and Cerrone would be a good scrap
Lawler and Nick Diaz on same card...
Interesting to see what they do for MSG
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Cunny Funt

https://mobile.twitter.com/DylansFreshTake/status/767763301962883072?p=v Did Brock Lesnar think he was fighting at UFC PPV instead of WWE summerslam last night? His opponent Orton needed 10 staples in his head after the match.

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 22, 2016, 06:23:42 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/DylansFreshTake/status/767763301962883072?p=v Did Brock Lesnar think he was fighting at UFC PPV instead of WWE summerslam last night? His opponent Orton needed 10 staples in his head after the match.

That's nothing in pro wrestling.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: gallsman link=topic=6638.msg1618774#msg161?8774 date=1471880743

Thought Cerrone finish was unreal...

You think he's not got enough at 170 for the main men GM?

Don't know enough about it to be honest.

gallsman

Story was 9th ranked and that was a generous ranking. Woodley, Lawler, Wonderboy (the best striker in the sport), Macdonald and GSP when he comes back would absolutely maul him in my opinion. Dos Anjos knocked him out in a minute last December.

Cerrone against Gunnar would be interesting.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on August 22, 2016, 08:53:39 PM
Story was 9th ranked and that was a generous ranking. Woodley, Lawler, Wonderboy (the best striker in the sport), Macdonald and GSP when he comes back would absolutely maul him in my opinion. Dos Anjos knocked him out in a minute last December.

Cerrone against Gunnar would be interesting.
I think they'll keep in there with strikers - Cerrone against Matt Brown would be a money fight - thought they could angle a Gunnar Nelson fight to set up a McGregor fight at 155?
Tim Means would be a good scap for him.
The UFC definitely have a lot of options we'd all look forward to....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Medic

McGregor vs Diaz 2 was the best fight in the last 20 years - 'The Herd'  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djig-GRmS9I
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Hound

Attendance at McGregor v Diaz II was 15,500. Not sure what the capacity is, but UFC200 had over 18,000 at the same venue, so it was not a sell-out. Obviously its TV where they make their money, but I was a bit surprised at the number. We moan when a Leinster semi final only attracts 15,000 :)

EDIT: Gate receipts for the McGregor fight was over $7.6m - so average ticket price of almost $500...

gallsman

a) huge as GSP is a legitimate GOAT contender.

b) badly as GSP would maul him. Well, what GSP used to be would maul him. Simply too big, although believe GSP has said he can make 155. Difficult to see though.

c) anyone who isn't a McGregor fanboy will think it's a joke if his next fight isn't a title defence against Aldo or a lightweight shot against Alvarez. He can't be champ and then have three non title fights outside the weight class. Makes a mockery of it.

d) GSP return against the biggest star they have in MSG for the first time would sell an absolute mountain of PPVs, especially if they really stack the rest of the card.

e) GSP would need a USADA exemption to fight in November as he is only recently back in the testing pool and the four month lead in time wouldn't be over before 205. After the Lesnar debacle, they might not be too keen on the aul exemptions.

f) UFC 206 in December is in Toronto and would be perfectly timed and located for a GSP comeback, but then wouldn't have the MSG, first time in New York aspect.

JimStynes

Your man CM Punk bate then! Happened to see a video of him sparing and he looked completely shite! Money making farce.

gallsman

I hope someone made some money off that fight because it was just as much of a farce as everybody expected.