The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: The Iceman on June 06, 2016, 03:27:48 PM
199 was some card  - may not have looked great on paper but the fighters delivered. The PPV was fantastic.  Funny to see so many americans cheering for Bisping when he won. Maybe because Rockhold is a dick.... Bisping is a likable bollox ha delighted to see him win.  Dan Henderson - wtf was that lol??? Though Max Holloway looked sharp - he has some of the best boxing in MMA I'd love to see him and Diaz box at 155. Poirier looked great dispatching Bobby Green.
Roll on UFC 200 now - was already looking forward to Jones v Cormier but auld Brock adds a bit of excitement to the card! I'd say he gets Mark Hunt or the matchup everyone wants  - Fedor.

brutal knockout that one. def looked like he caught him with the old headbutt too.

gallsman

Lesnar confirmed as fighting Mark Hunt.

KO1 Hunt.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on June 06, 2016, 05:14:19 PM
Lesnar confirmed as fighting Mark Hunt.

KO1 Hunt.
It's a hard one to call. 1st round KO very possible - but Brock could come out hard and fast and take him down and ground n pound in brutal fashion....I don't think Brock will try to stand with him.  Mir is a JJ guy and has no real wrestling so he couldn't take Hunt down.  Brock should be able to do that (hopefully) before Hunt catches him. Though Hunt is a brute of a man too... legs like tree trunks and shorter...
definitely worth tuning in for!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

Syferus

Leaner should win easy enough.

gallsman

Quote from: Syferus on June 07, 2016, 01:27:52 PM

Rubbish. He won't have fought in four and a half years and well be going up against one of the hardest hitters around. Hunt has decent takedown defense too.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: gallsman on June 07, 2016, 01:33:27 PM

Rubbish. He won't have fought in four and a half years and well be going up against one of the hardest hitters around. Hunt has decent takedown defense too.
I doubt if lesnar is in any decent shape to fight at all with his well documented health problems however the fight is all about the ratings and money it will make.

The Iceman

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 07, 2016, 04:43:45 PM

I doubt if lesnar is in any decent shape to fight at all with his well documented health problems however the fight is all about the ratings and money it will make.
Lesnar hadn't competed in MMA at any level when he joined the UFC back in the day.  He came in from fake wrestling and ploughed through some seasoned Heavyweights and I genuinely believe his sickness got the better of him.  If he is healthy now, as he says he is, then he has a real chance to put Hunt down and keep him down for the win.

He is an ego-maniac - he isn't coming to the UFC to take a fall....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on June 08, 2016, 03:33:08 PM

Lesnar hadn't competed in MMA at any level when he joined the UFC back in the day.  He came in from fake wrestling and ploughed through some seasoned Heavyweights and I genuinely believe his sickness got the better of him.  If he is healthy now, as he says he is, then he has a real chance to put Hunt down and keep him down for the win.

In fairness now, he came in from fake wrestling after a stellar career as a real wrestler in college. The guy is an athletic freak.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on June 08, 2016, 05:06:42 PM

In fairness now, he came in from fake wrestling after a stellar career as a real wrestler in college. The guy is an athletic freak.
right...my point is though that not competing in MMA for the past 4 years may not make a difference - given how he came into the sport... he became the HW champion in his 4th or 5th fight?

gallsman

Yeah, but the quality was nowhere near what it is now. He beat Couture to win the title who, while a legend, was about half the size of Lesnar!

tonto1888

not true . He fought for K1 before joining the UFC

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brock-Lesnar-17522

The Iceman

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 09, 2016, 10:36:54 AM

not true . He fought for K1 before joining the UFC

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brock-Lesnar-17522
he fought for 1.09 in K1 before joining the UFC. His opponent fought 10 times in 4 years and had a record of 3-7.  Although you can technically say he did "compete", in my book 1minute and 9 seconds doesn't constitute much of a build up to enter the UFC.  My point still remains  - the 4 years out of MMA may not make a difference - his strengths today are still what they were - take downs and GnP

Gabriel_Hurl

Bones Jones out of UFC 200  - sounds like a failed drug test

gallsman

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 07, 2016, 05:43:05 AM
Bones Jones out of UFC 200  - sounds like a failed drug test

They'll surely wash their hands of him now.