The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Diaz it is. How's that going to work out for McGregor?

Walter Cronc

gallsman

Quote from: Walter Cronc on February 24, 2016, 08:33:17 AM
Are they fighting at 170??

Yep. Apparently proposal was originally 160 but Diaz said he couldn't make that in 11 days and said 165, which McGregor responded to by saying have it at 170.

Tyrone Gaa

Great fight, keeps the interest high.  The build up will be good as both engage in the trash talking.  RDA tried to avoid that, cant see Nate taking the same approach.  Roll on fight night
Living the dream!!!

TF15

Surely there will be a rehydration limit imposed, McGregor would have walked into the octagon at 170 fighting at 155 but surely Diaz coukdnt land in at 185 if he wanted? Feel for McGregor having this change of plan again and hope it doesn't cause a loss. I can't see how Conor goes back to 145 after this to fight Edgar. The weight cut will be brutal for him.

The Gs Man

The build-up alone to this fight is gonna be immense!

Can't wait!

Kavanagh has came out with the best line so far "You've seen him on salads, no wait to see him on steak."
Keep 'er lit

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Gs Man on February 24, 2016, 10:18:14 AM
The build-up alone to this fight is gonna be immense!

Can't wait!

Kavanagh has came out with the best line so far "You've seen him on salads, no wait to see him on steak."

It's next Saturday night. Not a lot of time for that stuff.

gallsman

Press conference today apparently. They can't wait to get the two lads spouting their mixed metaphors at each other.

The Iceman

I'd say Diaz is about 185 right now if he was willing to cut to 165. I think CMG is taking a risk even with those extra 5lbs. I would have forced Diaz to cut the weight if he wanted the money.
I don't think Diaz has ever been KO'd? Maybe 1 stoppage by TKO but of late he has been very durable.  His reach advantage will give mcgregor trouble and he has great boxing skills.  He doesnt kick that much and when he does theres nothing behind them so look for Mcgregor to use a lot of kicks to maintain range and keep diaz thinking
Diaz is an elite BJJ black belt if he clinches with Conor and brings him to the mat this will be over fast - big risk - fair play they both took the fight - I'll go with Diaz on this one
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Gs Man

Aye, just the one TKO a few years back.

It'll be a very good scrap. As you say, both like to box.

Can't wait.
Keep 'er lit

gawa316

So how is this new weight going to affect McGregor? I've heard and read the original step up to 155 was going to be hard, what's it going to be like at 170?

The Iceman

I think he will be fine with the weight in this instance. Diaz is a 155'er. He tried campaigning at 170 but the lads there were too strong for him - he is a natural 155'er like McGregor.
dana should not allow him to compete at 170 after this though. - the money fights are at 155 and 145

what was very telling in all of this was the fact that Aldo turned the fight down at 155 or any weight....
Frankie Edgar had a groin strain but I thought he would have battled through it....

Lots of people tried to get the fight but when it comes to ticket sales Diaz was definitely the best choice. It's an intriguing fight with two guys with huge fan bases...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gawa316

Quote from: The Iceman on February 24, 2016, 05:35:31 PM
I think he will be fine with the weight in this instance. Diaz is a 155'er. He tried campaigning at 170 but the lads there were too strong for him - he is a natural 155'er like McGregor.
dana should not allow him to compete at 170 after this though. - the money fights are at 155 and 145

what was very telling in all of this was the fact that Aldo turned the fight down at 155 or any weight....
Frankie Edgar had a groin strain but I thought he would have battled through it....

Lots of people tried to get the fight but when it comes to ticket sales Diaz was definitely the best choice. It's an intriguing fight with two guys with huge fan bases...

Frankie isn't happy with Dana after what he said about him turning the fight down.

Walter Cronc

McGregor Diaz press conference on UFC.com starts at 9pm.

The Iceman