The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Arnie love McGregor anyways: http://www.the42.ie/arnie-conor-mcgregor-fan-2189045-Jun2015/

Arnie can do little wrong in my eyes (just watch Running Man ffs) so it must be true.

The Iceman

Mendes is the real deal.  Elite wrestler who can takedown anybody. He has power in both hands and is a good all round fighter. Conor towers over him and if he focuses on boxing and doesn't kick too much he has a good shot at beating him. It should be an exciting fight and the card and atmosphere alone will be worth the ticket price. Theres nothing like a UFC event outside of Armagh in Croke Park. I've been to loads of sporting events and I love watching the UFC live. It will mostly be Irish, craic will be mighty and the noise will be unreal.

2nd to last fight with Robbie Lawler and Rory McDonald will be epic. a 15 min war.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Gabriel_Hurl

Longer no? Title fights are 5 round affairs

STREET FIGHTER

Aldo injury legit or did he crack?

Syferus

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2015, 11:28:31 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 01, 2015, 11:19:15 PM

Are you kidding?

dont pretend to know much about UFC but when you declare your injured......then report your ok and fit to fight......and then pull out again......

INDIANA

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 01, 2015, 11:31:28 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 01, 2015, 11:28:31 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on July 01, 2015, 11:19:15 PM

Are you kidding?

dont pretend to know much about UFC but when you declare your injured......then report your ok and fit to fight......and then pull out again......

Aldo had to fight for his breakfast as a kid. He's also done the more extreme version of the sport and excelled.

The idea that A) he's afraid is absurd and b) that he'd turn down that amount of money because he'd be afraid to step into the ring is even more ridiculous. Its absolutely absurd that people think he'd afraid of Mc Gregor when you look at who he's been in against.

I've no doubts it's genuine. Boxers get injured all the time and no questions asked. Mc Gregor's game plan completely changes. If Mendes gets him on the floor it could get very interesting. mc gregor will go for an early knockout because the longer it goes the more I fancy Mendes.

JimStynes

Rumours the other week that he pulled out as he was going to fail his drug test! Wouldnt be surprised.

ludermor

I really really hope that McGregor is hammered and disappears from view and all his 'fans' disappear with him.
I have no problem with UFC and would love if some of the other Irish lads can challenge and make a name for themselves but i really cant stand McGregor and the game he is playing ( very well it has to be said) .

DennistheMenace

McGregor is a smart, self promoting businessman. I don't like his fake persona but it sells and it's all about the money and PPV in that game. He has made a name for himself and has to be respected either way

ludermor

Quote from: DennistheMenace on July 02, 2015, 10:26:27 AM
McGregor is a smart, self promoting businessman. I don't like his fake persona but it sells and it's all about the money and PPV in that game. He has made a name for himself and has to be respected either way
I said he is playing the game well but i dont have to respect him, the lack of respect he shows opponents is shocking considering how little he himself has achieved to date.

DennistheMenace

Quote from: ludermor on July 02, 2015, 11:08:31 AM
I said he is playing the game well but i dont have to respect him, the lack of respect he shows opponents is shocking considering how little he himself has achieved to date.

Did Ali show respect to Frazier? Mayweather to anyone? They are in the business of entertainment. I can see past the fascade and take him for what he is, an exceptional athlete.

MoChara

This is the 5th Title fight Aldo has canceled or ducked out off, also I'm pretty sure he was cleared by doctors to fight too I don't know whats going on but I don't think its all as it seems.

Cynic in me reckons UFC set this fight up to fall over so they get the big draw of Mcgregor Mendes (off the back of ALdo PR) and then Mcgregopr Aldo anyway at a later date

ludermor

Quote from: DennistheMenace on July 02, 2015, 11:49:17 AM

Did Ali show respect to Frazier? Mayweather to anyone? They are in the business of entertainment. I can see past the fascade and take him for what he is, an exceptional athlete.
What has McGregor done to even be mentioned in the same breath as Ali or Mayweather? Just because some other sportsmen acted like c***ts doesn't excuse McGregor to behave like a ****, entrainment or not. And ill certainly not respect him for it. 

DennistheMenace

Quote from: ludermor on July 02, 2015, 12:19:12 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on July 02, 2015, 11:49:17 AM

What has McGregor done to even be mentioned in the same breath as Ali or Mayweather? Just because some other sportsmen acted like c***ts doesn't excuse McGregor to behave like a ****, entrainment or not. And ill certainly not respect him for it.

He can behave how he sees fit to and put arses on seats and sell PPV, just like Mayweather did and Ali being the two most recognisable mouth pieces. It's not a comparison on their sporting prowess. I don't like his persona as i've said but I can see past it and if it's making him millions then fair play and feck the begruders (and there are plenty of them in Ireland)