The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Looks like the fight is going ahead. If Aldo can't make it though is McGregor vs Mendes for the interim belt.

The Iceman

yeah I heard from my mate who writes for the Indo that Mendes had flown to Vegas.
CMG gets paid either way. If Mendes wins which I think he will - CMG can talk his way out of it - wasn't prepared for a wrestler.....etc etc
Wonder what happened to Frankie.... I'd say CMG Mendes now and Aldo Frankie later? Then unification in NY?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on June 25, 2015, 05:04:41 AM
yeah I heard from my mate who writes for the Indo that Mendes had flown to Vegas.
CMG gets paid either way. If Mendes wins which I think he will - CMG can talk his way out of it - wasn't prepared for a wrestler.....etc etc
Wonder what happened to Frankie.... I'd say CMG Mendes now and Aldo Frankie later? Then unification in NY?

Disagree - McGregor's mouth has been too big about how he's the best and ready for any style. If he loses, massive setback for him and will have to work his way back, without the helping hand he got this time.

ballinaman

Fight is on.

Not a bad publicity stunt.

Mikasa

UFC seems to be getting much bigger in not only Ireland but across the UK. Great build up despite some cringe moments.

gallsman

Quote from: ballinaman on June 25, 2015, 09:28:26 AM
Fight is on.

Not a bad publicity stunt.

Hopefully that's all it is. Mendes would still be a great fight for McGregor but I'm not sure how many people would still travel if they knew in advance that was the fight they were going to get.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on June 25, 2015, 08:53:59 AM
Quote from: The Iceman on June 25, 2015, 05:04:41 AM

Disagree - McGregor's mouth has been too big about how he's the best and ready for any style. If he loses, massive setback for him and will have to work his way back, without the helping hand he got this time.

Thats fair but I still think if the Mendes fight happens and he loses he can take less of an impact because he didnt have a full camp for a wrestler...

Looks like the fight with aldo is still on. If Aldo is hurt he is making a big mistake. If he is playing possum CMG might get baited....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

Not that this should in anyway be the mindset, but if UFC want to protect him if Aldo doesn't happen, they should have him take a Lightweight fight rather than Mendes at feather. If Mendes got him on the ground he'd be in big trouble. Wouldn't even have to be a top lightweight.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on June 25, 2015, 06:24:24 PM
Not that this should in anyway be the mindset, but if UFC want to protect him if Aldo doesn't happen, they should have him take a Lightweight fight rather than Mendes at feather. If Mendes got him on the ground he'd be in big trouble. Wouldn't even have to be a top lightweight.
I was annoyed at Joe Duffy stepping up to fight him. I thought/hoped the UFC wouldn't play that card. Duffy is very marketable at LW. CMG should stay well away from any domestic fights.... though I'd like to see Joe Duffy destroy Norman Parke...

Never met Duffy, we was only starting when I left. I met Parke when he was still a cub - real talent and not a bad fella but just as moronic then as he is today. I want rid of him just be association to the North or Ireland - he's an embarrassment when he gets on the Mic!

gallsman

I'm not a big fan of Parke's either because of the mouth but I like the way he keeps very active and appears willing to fight anyone.

Syferus

Too much smoke for there not to be some injury. Hopefully it softens up Aldo. For all his mouthing there's no question I want McGregor to win.

stew

I know I am a dinosaur but I love boxing and loathe this UFC shite, boxing has been killed by promoters and the mob but I will never warm to this putrid barbarism called UFC.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/06/26/katie-taylor-to-coach-conor-macgregor-on-how-to-win-fights-and-shut-up-about-it/

OLYMPIC gold medalist Katie Taylor has become the latest member of "The Notorious" Conor McGregor's backroom staff, where she will train the UFC fighter on how to win fights and shut up about it.
MWWSI 2017

Gabriel_Hurl

Aldo definitely out. McGregor vs Mendes it is

50fiftyball

I'm heading to Vegas myself with a friend, wouldn't be the biggest follower of UFC, but funny up until the announcement this morning we were both about to buy tickets today, cheapest being about $500.

What's the story with this Mendes fella then? Will this fight be as entertaining, and how's McGregor's chances now? I've heard Aldo has beat this guy twice..

Don't think I'll bother with tickets now anyway!