The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 28, 2014, 07:07:21 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 28, 2014, 03:08:35 PM
ye lot sound like that bitter man mc kenna

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh

Kavanagh was out of order publishing McKenna's phone number.

as much as I detest Mc kenna and I really really hate the f**ker. I agree with you on that. Kavanagh comes across as a guy whose ego is bigger then Mc gregor's

Captain Obvious

I thought the Cat Zingano fight was a good one she now sets up a world title shot against the beautiful but deadly Ronda Rousey.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 28, 2014, 07:38:12 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 28, 2014, 12:42:00 PM
Razzmatazz, steroids and fan boys. Joke of a sport.

Geezer coaches out in the same gym now thanks to the owner John Kavanagh. Joke of a man eh ?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/mcgeeney-an-animal-claims-fighter-mcgregor-284111.html

Joke of a post! Then again after your previous vile abuse of McKenna what do expect from a pig but a grunt.
#newbridgeornowhere

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 28, 2014, 08:28:04 PM

Geezer coaches out in the same gym now thanks to the owner John Kavanagh. Joke of a man eh ?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/mcgeeney-an-animal-claims-fighter-mcgregor-284111.html

Joke of a post! Then again after your previous vile abuse of McKenna what do expect from a pig but a grunt.

Mc Kenna abuses and slates Dublin footballers, abuses and slates MMA and a fighter from Dublin all on Twitter, and you applaud him ??????????????? this coming from a guy who lives in Brazil, and were is the UFC's next big event were Conor is attending ?? Brazil, desperation stuff from Mc Kenna trying to get his claws in somewhere and desperate stuff from you as you clearly have zero knowledge or involvement in MMA, stick to what you know and its clear its sweet fook all

INDIANA

Are you related to Mc Kenna Dinny? Because some of the things he has written about Dublin GAA is borderline libellous Its ok to defend something where it's warranted but this guy is a gobshite

And while I think Kavanagh was way out of line posting a private phone number, part of me has no sympathy for him either.

DuffleKing

Is MMA subject to WADA drug testing?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: INDIANA on September 28, 2014, 08:48:04 PM

Are you related to Mc Kenna Dinny? Because some of the things he has written about Dublin GAA is borderline libellous Its ok to defend something where it's warranted but this guy is a gobshite

And while I think Kavanagh was way out of line posting a private phone number, part of me has no sympathy for him either.

God no he's from Athy,  he has opinions but it's never personal.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 28, 2014, 08:46:15 PM

Mc Kenna abuses and slates Dublin footballers, abuses and slates MMA and a fighter from Dublin all on Twitter, and you applaud him ??????????????? this coming from a guy who lives in Brazil, and were is the UFC's next big event were Conor is attending ?? Brazil, desperation stuff from Mc Kenna trying to get his claws in somewhere and desperate stuff from you as you clearly have zero knowledge or involvement in MMA, stick to what you know and its clear its sweet fook all

Yet never makes it personal, you are a precious one. I suppose Dave Hannigan's opinion is all desperation stuff too.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/serious-questions-to-be-asked-of-ufc-on-its-21st-birthday-1.1940146?page=2
#newbridgeornowhere

INDIANA

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 28, 2014, 09:07:02 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 28, 2014, 08:48:04 PM

God no he's from Athy,  he has opinions but it's never personal.

It's always personal when it comes to Dublin GAA with him Dinny. You need to take off the Lilly glassses.

Donnellys Hollow

Always amused at how Ewan manages to wind the Dubs up so much. He has written worse about his native county.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

gallsman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 28, 2014, 09:40:14 PM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on September 28, 2014, 08:46:15 PM

Yet never makes it personal, you are a precious one. I suppose Dave Hannigan's opinion is all desperation stuff too.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/serious-questions-to-be-asked-of-ufc-on-its-21st-birthday-1.1940146?page=2

Don't let Iceman see that. He was raving a few weeks ago about how the UFC is a paragon of virtue compared to the NFL when it comes to dealing with domestic abusers and drug cheats.

Kavanagh publishing the phone number is disgraceful. Some of the abuse McKenna has taken on Twitter today is vile.

McGregor is special but anyone who pretends there's not a whiff of suspicion over that ko is kidding themselves. He needs to tone down the mouth a bit too (I'm aware this is a lot of what the UFC loves about him) as he's won nothing yet. If he gets a crack at Aldo, that's a completely different ballgame.

The Iceman

Quote from: gallsman on September 28, 2014, 11:16:26 PM
Don't let Iceman see that. He was raving a few weeks ago about how the UFC is a paragon of virtue compared to the NFL when it comes to dealing with domestic abusers and drug cheats.

Kavanagh publishing the phone number is disgraceful. Some of the abuse McKenna has taken on Twitter today is vile.

McGregor is special but anyone who pretends there's not a whiff of suspicion over that ko is kidding themselves. He needs to tone down the mouth a bit too (I'm aware this is a lot of what the UFC loves about him) as he's won nothing yet. If he gets a crack at Aldo, that's a completely different ballgame.

I hadn't to come across as raving about it - I think what the UFC did to protect their brand and suspend or fire fighters was OTT - just like the NFL. I was simply highlighting the trend across sports in America. All of it is harsh.

Before anyone questions the TKO - have you been punched by a professional fighter behind the ear or anywhere? Poirier has been knocked down in all of his last 3 fights. With small gloves that don't do anything to cushion the blow. At this young age he is already showing the effects of a weak chin that has taken too many big knocks. He got caught with a blow to the head that every man on this board would get knocked down by.  Nonetheless Mcgregor was lucky it had the effect it did. He fought a bit reckless and could have been caught himself. He needs to change his stance and tuck the chin a bit better if he wants to survive against a brutal striker like Aldo. I think the UFC will give him a title shot in Dublin and let him fill croker. They won't match him up against a top-tier wrestler because it will expose him. He will get aldo and Aldo will eat him alive but the UFC will get the biggest gate in their history. McGregor won't care either - he is all about the gold coin not the gold belt and I tip my hat to him - he's a prize fighter at this point in his martial arts journey.

I really enjoyed Zingano's fight. I've never seen anyone throw from a front headlock - that was great.

Great to see Dominick Cruz back - hope he gets his belt after 3 years on the sidelines.

Cowboy Cerrone is just an angry red neck and he welcomed Eddie Alvarez to the UFC. Alvarez is very blown up for his height -he should drop down a weight division and see how he does...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

theskull1

Looked like his opponent took a fall
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

gallsman

Quote from: The Iceman on September 29, 2014, 04:23:22 PM
Quote from: gallsman on September 28, 2014, 11:16:26 PM

I hadn't to come across as raving about it - I think what the UFC did to protect their brand and suspend or fire fighters was OTT - just like the NFL. I was simply highlighting the trend across sports in America. All of it is harsh.

Before anyone questions the TKO - have you been punched by a professional fighter behind the ear or anywhere? Poirier has been knocked down in all of his last 3 fights. With small gloves that don't do anything to cushion the blow. At this young age he is already showing the effects of a weak chin that has taken too many big knocks. He got caught with a blow to the head that every man on this board would get knocked down by.  Nonetheless Mcgregor was lucky it had the effect it did. He fought a bit reckless and could have been caught himself. He needs to change his stance and tuck the chin a bit better if he wants to survive against a brutal striker like Aldo. I think the UFC will give him a title shot in Dublin and let him fill croker. They won't match him up against a top-tier wrestler because it will expose him. He will get aldo and Aldo will eat him alive but the UFC will get the biggest gate in their history. McGregor won't care either - he is all about the gold coin not the gold belt and I tip my hat to him - he's a prize fighter at this point in his martial arts journey.

I really enjoyed Zingano's fight. I've never seen anyone throw from a front headlock - that was great.

Great to see Dominick Cruz back - hope he gets his belt after 3 years on the sidelines.

Cowboy Cerrone is just an angry red neck and he welcomed Eddie Alvarez to the UFC. Alvarez is very blown up for his height -he should drop down a weight division and see how he does...

Cruz looked fantastic. Fair play to him after the setbacks.

Would McGregor sell out Croker?! I'd be pretty shocked.

UFC's biggest problem is that Dana is a populist mouthy p***k. He holds a borderline monopoly on big TV deals and that means a lot. UFV is a promotion with contracted fighters. The potential for conflicts of interest is enormous. The sooner MMA moves to a boxing like situation where promoters are distinct from fighters the better.