The Patronising Dublin Fan Thread

Started by Sidney, August 09, 2014, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2015, 06:15:14 PM
Quote from: Sidney on April 26, 2015, 06:10:32 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2015, 05:58:20 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 26, 2015, 05:51:58 PM
Dublins biggest hurdle towards winning the AI is picking their best xv.
After that the next problem is leinster lacking real competition for Dublin.
Lastly should Dublin experience a tight game I still think they are lacking a bit on the sideline - Gavin is an honest individual but not in the same league as gilroy when it comes to tactics. Though Deegan greatly assists here.
All ireland should be a walk in the park for Dublin with maybe only Kerry able to give them a game.

Blah de Blah! Will be a different story when they get out of Leinster and face teams who are looking to peak for their game against them. Don't get me wrong they are really good. But they can have a job done on them!
A hair dye job, perhaps? Blue hair with blond streaks running through it would look good this summer.

A disappointingly easy win. I now look forward to our first competitive match this year, on September 20th against Kerry.

That's the attitude! Keep thinking like that and you won't see Kerry, just like you did not see them last year!
That's how much we have demoralised everybody else. You're hanging desperately on Kerry to win the All-Ireland.  ;D

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on April 26, 2015, 06:24:39 PM
Lastly should Dublin experience a tight game I still think they are lacking a bit on the sideline - Gavin is an honest individual but not in the same league as gilroy when it comes to tactics. Though Deegan greatly assists here.
All ireland should be a walk in the park for Dublin with maybe only Kerry able to give them a game.

Blah de Blah! Will be a different story when they get out of Leinster and face teams who are looking to peak for their game against them. Don't get me wrong they are really good. But they can have a job done on them!
A hair dye job, perhaps? Blue hair with blond streaks running through it would look good this summer.

A disappointingly easy win. I now look forward to our first competitive match this year, on September 20th against Kerry.

That's the attitude! Keep thinking like that and you won't see Kerry, just like you did not see them last year!
That's how much we have demoralised everybody else. You're hanging desperately on Kerry to win the All-Ireland.  ;D

Dublin will lose to Roscommon in the Championship.
MWWSI 2017

From the Bunker

Both Mayo and Donegal have done the business on you in recent years. There is no fear of the Dubs for both of these counties come Championship! ;)

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2015, 06:29:12 PM

Both Mayo and Donegal have done the business on you in recent years. There is no fear of the Dubs for both of these counties come Championship! ;)

It's hard to do with a target on your back from the last time, though, Bunk. It might take another confident western team to do it again..  8)

Sidney

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2015, 06:29:12 PM

Hopefully Mayo will at least give us a bit of match practice ahead of the first round of the championship proper against Kerry. I think it's unlikely we'll meet Donegal this year, but we'll wish them well in that unlikely event. Donegal people have lovely accents (apart from Martin McHugh), nicer than ours, but I guess you can't have everything.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on April 26, 2015, 05:53:24 PM

I remember hearing a lot of that kind of thing last year...
Yes
And Dublin fecked up badly.
I would lay this failure on the management ( gilroy would have won it with that squad easily as his team weren't quite as talented) but I would expect management have learned a lot from last year and the young lads also!
Ok it's not quite a walk in the park but Kerry are the only realistic rivals with tyrone donegal mayo and especially cork if any of them hit form possibly eclipsing Dublin on their best day!

But irish people don't do well as favourites!

lynchbhoy

Yes but it would be a hit and run job on a given day. That Dublin squad have talent in depth !

Sidney

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 26, 2015, 11:54:41 PM

Yes but it would be a hit and run job on a given day. That Dublin squad have talent in depth !
This Dublin squad is deep, make no mistake. Could you imagine debating the merits of Rene Descartes with any other inter-county panel? I don't think so.

Niall Quinn

Rene Descartes was a drunken fart: "I drink, therefore I am."
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Sidney

Quote from: Niall Quinn on April 27, 2015, 02:01:28 AM
Rene Descartes was a drunken fart: "I drink, therefore I am."
We have a lot of supporters like that. I don't find them to be very good philosophers though.

Sidney

Longford doing a lot better against Dublin than the supposedly "top four" Monaghan team did in the All-Ireland quarterfinal last year. It just goes to show that Leinster has excellent strength in depth, and that Jim Gavin was right to take this game deadly seriously and not look beyond today. And I'd imagine he's still not looking beyond today. A lot of football to be played in this match yet.

Wildweasel74

laoislad

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 31, 2015, 05:09:57 PM
Dublin some team lol
Galway will be delighted with getting the replay.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere