Started by Sidney, August 09, 2014, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 10, 2014, 12:09:32 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on August 10, 2014, 12:05:39 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 10, 2014, 11:21:25 AM
Quote from: Sidney on August 10, 2014, 01:50:53 AM
Quote from: heffo on August 10, 2014, 01:38:45 AM
Delete this thread and cop onto yourself.  It's not long ago Dublin supporters would've given their arm off a Leinster title and those days will be here again soon
I think the danger here is that Dublin players might log onto this forum, read this thread, and get so overconfident that Donegal end up blitzing them. Could this thread end up costing Dublin the All-Ireland? That's the very real danger, I guess. The INTERNET is serious business, after all. It's a high stakes game I'm playing.

Why are you giving him oxygen. He's a WUM.

Of course he is, but he's funny. That's what makes the difference. Sidney isn't a troll - he's a GAA Johnathan Swift. More luck to you Sid.

If you want to see trolls at play, roll over to the Mayo v Kerry thread. Jesus. :(

That'd be more 'béal bocht' than trolling would it not?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Asal Mor

Good stuff Sidney. I'm looking forward to reading Canice Picklington's thoughts after the Kilkenny v Limerick game too.

Sidney

Well done Monaghan. Dublin may not have been at their best, but it was a good competitive game, and that was nice to see, especially after last week.

rrhf

I think the dubs are sitting pretty for this time of year. If they can cope with the hype this year. They should win a leinster.

Wildweasel74

f**k it i bite, Reckon the Dubs will win the all-ireland this year

Sidney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 12, 2015, 10:34:25 PM
f**k it i bite, Reckon the Dubs will win the all-ireland this year
There are actually other teams competing?

BennyCake

Why do the tv cameras keep zooming in on that ugly bollix with the bohran?

Fuzzman

Got an eye opener yesterday near the end of the game. Was watching in an Irish bar here in Seville with 4 other Dub mates. The 3 others were watching Man U.
For most of the game there was the usual friendly banter with me supporting Monaghan just for the Craic.
I kept coming out with the sure it's only the league and this tight game is exactly what yus needed.
But in the last five or ten minutes my mates showed exactly how important it was to them as they bared their teeth.
Having gone to quite a lot of Dubs games in the last few years as I live their with Dub kids, they really don't take well to teams putting it up to them.
What would you expect some may ask but I suppose this is what happens when you are used to playing in your own back garden every day with your own ball and used to teams rolling over after 20 mins and not laying a hand on you.
Kerry are the same. They used to love Tyrone and Donegal until we stopped paying homage and startef giving them a game.

Anyway that game will give Monaghan great hope now for the year ahead and will not fear the Dubs later in the year.

deiseach

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 13, 2015, 10:48:07 AM
Kerry are the same. They used to love Tyrone and Donegal until we stopped paying homage and startef giving them a game.

Sidney

Let's hope Cork can up their performance here and make the game somewhat competitive, because it's really boring so far.

lynchbhoy

Dublins biggest hurdle towards winning the AI is picking their best xv.
After that the next problem is leinster lacking real competition for Dublin.
Lastly should Dublin experience a tight game I still think they are lacking a bit on the sideline - Gavin is an honest individual but not in the same league as gilroy when it comes to tactics. Though Deegan greatly assists here.
All ireland should be a walk in the park for Dublin with maybe only Kerry able to give them a game.

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 26, 2015, 05:51:58 PM
Lastly should Dublin experience a tight game I still think they are lacking a bit on the sideline - Gavin is an honest individual but not in the same league as gilroy when it comes to tactics. Though Deegan greatly assists here.
All ireland should be a walk in the park for Dublin with maybe only Kerry able to give them a game.

I remember hearing a lot of that kind of thing last year...

From the Bunker

Blah de Blah! Will be a different story when they get out of Leinster and face teams who are looking to peak for their game against them. Don't get me wrong they are really good. But they can have a job done on them!

Sidney

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2015, 05:58:20 PM

Blah de Blah! Will be a different story when they get out of Leinster and face teams who are looking to peak for their game against them. Don't get me wrong they are really good. But they can have a job done on them!
A hair dye job, perhaps? Blue hair with blond streaks running through it would look good this summer.

A disappointingly easy win. I now look forward to our first competitive match this year, on September 20th against Kerry.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Sidney on April 26, 2015, 06:10:32 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2015, 05:58:20 PM

A hair dye job, perhaps? Blue hair with blond streaks running through it would look good this summer.

A disappointingly easy win. I now look forward to our first competitive match this year, on September 20th against Kerry.

That's the attitude! Keep thinking like that and you won't see Kerry, just like you did not see them last year!