Removal of Gaza flag in Croke Park!

Started by Aoise, August 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlieTully

Quote from: Syferus on August 07, 2014, 09:35:48 PM
I was wondering how long this would take to become a thinly-veined proxy war about the north.

Merely using examples of people sitting back and accepting things for fear off upset or not wanting to rock the boat. My examples happen to relate to the North. I have no wish to deflect from the issue at hand.

Aoise

Quote from: haranguerer on August 07, 2014, 09:38:46 PM

The length of these quotes is getting seriously out of hand...

They really were.  :-[

rossiewanderer

Aoise,

I have to say I really respect your stance and genuine empathy for the innocent woman and children of Gaza.You appear to be a good person and I wish you and other genuine people well in your attempts to display solidarity with the people who have suffered in Gaza.
        If you believe waving flags in solidarity with Palestinians at sporting events will make some sort of a difference I can only respect your stance for doing so.

Aoise

Quote from: rossiewanderer on August 07, 2014, 10:47:18 PM
Aoise,

I have to say I really respect your stance and genuine empathy for the innocent woman and children of Gaza.You appear to be a good person and I wish you and other genuine people well in your attempts to display solidarity with the people who have suffered in Gaza.
        If you believe waving flags in solidarity with Palestinians at sporting events will make some sort of a difference I can only respect your stance for doing so.

I appreciate that Rossie. Thanks.

dowling

Wont be there today but let's hope there is a great show of support and solidarity for the people of Palestine.

And fair dues to yourself Aoise.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on August 04, 2014, 10:19:29 PM
Ffs the GAA would played God Save The Queen and fly a Union Jack if Sky toul them they'd give them a score quid for it.

A score of quid ?. Surely they'd negotiate for a lot more than that.

whitey

Quote from: Aoise on August 07, 2014, 11:01:15 PM
Quote from: rossiewanderer on August 07, 2014, 10:47:18 PM
Aoise,

I appreciate that Rossie. Thanks.

Good luck with the show of solidarity ( even though I disagree that it should happen inside he stadium).

stew

Wouldn't life be so much easier if people decided to forget about flags and political symbols when attending sporting events.

Aoise, what about the children killed by Hamas? Do you support their right to live? do you protest for them???? I think not!

I despise what the Israeli government is doing to the people of Gaza, I also detest what the cowards in Hamas are doing to their own people and the fact that they are blowing up innocent Israeli's.

Bottom line, we all would be better off enjoying the spectacle of the greatest games on earth without worrying, for a few hours at least, about making political statements in our National Stadium!

The only flag that should be flown at Croke Park is the Flag of our Country and the County flag of that days participants and that's it for me. By all means protest peacefully outside the stadium but do not sully the spectacle with cheap, attention grabbing antics, simply enjoy the games and have a few jars after the games are over!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on August 09, 2014, 03:25:25 PM
Wouldn't life be so much easier if people decided to forget about flags and political symbols when attending sporting events.

Aoise, what about the children killed by Hamas? Do you support their right to live? do you protest for them???? I think not!

I despise what the Israeli government is doing to the people of Gaza, I also detest what the cowards in Hamas are doing to their own people and the fact that they are blowing up innocent Israeli's.

Bottom line, we all would be better off enjoying the spectacle of the greatest games on earth without worrying, for a few hours at least, about making political statements in our National Stadium!

The only flag that should be flown at Croke Park is the Flag of our Country and the County flag of that days participants and that's it for me. By all means protest peacefully outside the stadium but do not sully the spectacle with cheap, attention grabbing antics, simply enjoy the games and have a few jars after the games are over!

Not trying to be smart, but what children killed by Hamas?
MWWSI 2017

glens abu

Doesn't look like there are too many Palestine flags on display at 1st game anyway. >:(

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2014, 03:33:45 PM

he is clearly watching too much propaganda fox news, and believing it to be true, (the fact)the brainwashing even works on non Americans sadly
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

CD

Quote from: glens abu on August 09, 2014, 04:02:08 PM
Doesn't look like there are too many Palestine flags on display at 1st game anyway. >:(

Been watching the crowd as closely as I can. Haven't spotted any. Anyone at the game know if there were a few??
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

stew

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 09, 2014, 06:42:19 PM

he is clearly watching too much propaganda fox news, and believing it to be true, (the fact)the brainwashing even works on non Americans sadly

What the fcuk are you on about sligonian?

Well there was the teenagers that got tortured in June by Hamas, they were just kids, did they deserve to die? Were they innocent?

Sligonian, you are a lazy bollix, you simply tote out the old line about Fox as if you know me, I rarely watch Fox because it is as reliable as the left's stations, MSNBC for example.

I watch the BBC news primarily, plus the Chinese news is good viewing, there is not a decent news channel in the states, they are all shite!!

Brainwashed??? You presume to know me, so republicians and libertarians are brainwashed whilst the democrats are enlightened? Is that it? Tube!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

dowling

Quote from: CD on August 09, 2014, 06:43:39 PM
Quote from: glens abu on August 09, 2014, 04:02:08 PM

Been watching the crowd as closely as I can. Haven't spotted any. Anyone at the game know if there were a few??
[/quo
As long as there's a starting point. 

muppet

Quote from: stew on August 09, 2014, 06:50:24 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 09, 2014, 06:42:19 PM

What the fcuk are you on about sligonian?

Well there was the teenagers that got tortured in June by Hamas, they were just kids, did they deserve to die? Were they innocent?

Sligonian, you are a lazy bollix, you simply tote out the old line about Fox as if you know me, I rarely watch Fox because it is as reliable as the left's stations, MSNBC for example.

I watch the BBC news primarily, plus the Chinese news is good viewing, there is not a decent news channel in the states, they are all shite!!

Brainwashed??? You presume to know me, so republicians and libertarians are brainwashed whilst the democrats are enlightened? Is that it? Tube!

Stew, Netanyahu announced that they had been kidnapped by Hamas. That may have been completely false, but regardless it was the premise for Israel to start the war. Unusually, Hamas denied involvement.

http://www.ascertainthetruth.com/att/index.php/zionism-a-palestine/the-palestine-israeli-conflict/1102-israeli-police-confirm-hamas-did-not-kidnap-and-kill-3-israeli-teens

On Friday, Chief Inspector Micky Rosenfeld, foreign press spokesman for the Israel Police, reportedly told BBC journalist Jon Donnisonhe that the men responsible for murders were not acting on orders of Hamas leadership. Instead, he said, they are part of a "lone cell." Further, Inspector Rosenfeld told Donnison that if Hamas' leadership had ordered the kidnapping, "they'd have known about it in advance."
MWWSI 2017