Removal of Gaza flag in Croke Park!

Started by Aoise, August 04, 2014, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armaghgeddon

Dont know if anyone has seen the gaa for Gaza fb group. Fans will be bringing Gaza flags into croker

give her dixie

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on August 07, 2014, 06:51:38 PM
Dont know if anyone has seen the gas for Gaza fb group. Fans will be bringing Gaza flags into croker

2,300 members since Tuesday night......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/305563316286941/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Quote from: ONeill on August 07, 2014, 06:44:52 PM
If I brought a Gay Pride flag to Croke would anyone object?

People will think you support the Inca's from Peru....
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Aoise

Quote from: whitey on August 07, 2014, 06:46:38 PM
"Money, money money"- you conveniently ignored the other components of my argument and pulled out what suited your agenda

Well what about all of the support that the Republican movement received from Irish Americans, Noraid and politicians such as Republican Peter King ring their struggle....I could go on and on but I think you already have your mind made up on this one.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_T._King#Support_for_the_IRA

What has that got to do with this issue Whitey?  The link is a human one between Ireland and Gaza, as it would be with any other country suffering genocide enabled by Western Governments.  The truth is we are only now starting to see the real picture of what our Governments are complicit in thanks to the internet and social media.  I can't ignore it.  I would also hope that Irish America would be just as appalled by what is happening in their name now as they were with the British involvement in Ireland.

thebigfella

Quote from: Aoise on August 07, 2014, 05:49:42 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on August 07, 2014, 05:38:53 PM
Quote from: ardal on August 07, 2014, 05:32:11 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 07, 2014, 02:46:04 PM
What exactly will displaying Palestinian flags at a match in Croke Park do to help the poor people in Gaza?
A flying picket following every Government Minister might just have a bit more ( although of no practical use really) effect on the morons who abstained in that UN vote.

It's on TV. Further highlighting the homicide, showing solidarity to a massive audience, encouraging others to take a stand. It's not as if the Republic of Ireland hasn't passively remonstrated about actions outside it's political control before.

Give me a f**king break

I'm beginning to think you just don't like it when people decide not to be sheeple and make their own decisions Big Fella! ;-)

A massive TV audience???? FFS I'd say I have more followers on twitter than will watch the match on TV. People need to get over themselves with this hyperbole.

Actually the majority of people jumping on the Palestine bandwagon "again" are the sheep. It's a populist cause at the moment; certainly more among the middle class dinner party circuit. You yourself have brought nothing to the debate only bluster about getting one over the GAA and Sky. No fear though because when you are tucking yourself into your nice warm bed on Saturday nights without the threat of Israeli bombs; give yourself a good hard pat on the back as you made your point to the GAA and done your bit for Palestine at the same time. At least GHD and a few others are consistent in their condemnation and support; if there is a ceasefire/solution, you and I suspect like the majority of other sheep will go back to their boring middle class lives looking for the next popular cause.

Also telling everyone you are doing this for a humanitarian reasons is lies; it's a very clear political statement. One I agree with but not hijacked as a point scoring exercise and I (like a number of others) don't agree mixing sport with politics. It's easy to take a flag to an event you are already going or wear ribbon on a jacket to show support etc..... You are not really volunteering any of your life to help but it sure if it makes your conscience feel better ::)

muppet

Quote from: whitey on August 05, 2014, 05:52:46 PM
Quote from: babarino on August 05, 2014, 05:45:27 PM
Note party political - not political. The GAA is and always was political and examples of the organisation taking political positions could be given forever.

Flying the flag of Palestine is not party political. I'm sure there are many from different party political positions that have sympathy with the plight of the people of Gaza.

The Israeli flag happens to feature the Monaghan colours, but you'll not find too many flying it. If someone was to, I'd have a word in the ear, but I couldn't see GAA honchos and gardaĆ­ telling them to remove it.

When the GAA apparatchiks start getting squeamish about individual supporters showing cause with the oppressed for fear of offending Zionists with financial clout, that's when we really need to let them know what we think.

The Dubs on the Hill can be counted on if they're aware of what's going on. Let's get behind Aoise and the Garvaghy Road Orangemen on this one.

"You'd have a word in their ear" are you fvcking kidding me. So political expression is fine as long as it conforms to your narrative.

Would you treat the following flags equally:

Palestinian, Israeli & Nazi.
MWWSI 2017

Aoise

Quote from: thebigfella on August 07, 2014, 08:12:01 PM
What exactly will displaying Palestinian flags at a match in Croke Park do to help the poor people in Gaza?
A flying picket following every Government Minister might just have a bit more ( although of no practical use really) effect on the morons who abstained in that UN vote.

It's on TV. Further highlighting the homicide, showing solidarity to a massive audience, encouraging others to take a stand. It's not as if the Republic of Ireland hasn't passively remonstrated about actions outside it's political control before.

Give me a f**king break

I'm beginning to think you just don't like it when people decide not to be sheeple and make their own decisions Big Fella! ;-)

A massive TV audience???? FFS I'd say I have more followers on twitter than will watch the match on TV. People need to get over themselves with this hyperbole.

Actually the majority of people jumping on the Palestine bandwagon "again" are the sheep. It's a populist cause at the moment; certainly more among the middle class dinner party circuit. You yourself have brought nothing to the debate only bluster about getting one over the GAA and Sky. No fear though because when you are tucking yourself into your nice warm bed on Saturday nights without the threat of Israeli bombs; give yourself a good hard pat on the back as you made your point to the GAA and done your bit for Palestine at the same time. At least GHD and a few others are consistent in their condemnation and support; if there is a ceasefire/solution, you and I suspect like the majority of other sheep will go back to their boring middle class lives looking for the next popular cause.

Also telling everyone you are doing this for a humanitarian reasons is lies; it's a very clear political statement. One I agree with but not hijacked as a point scoring exercise and I (like a number of others) don't agree mixing sport with politics. It's easy to take a flag to an event you are already going or wear ribbon on a jacket to show support etc..... You are not really volunteering any of your life to help but it sure if it makes your conscience feel better ::)

Are you actually serious??? lol  You don't know me!  You don't know what I do or don't do so don't hide behind a keyboard anonymously and attack anyone for acting on their conscience.  More followers on twitter than will watch the All Ireland Senior Football Quarter finals? - Your just showing yourself up now!  Get over yourself if your ego will let you, but I don't think it will.  You're obviously a good GAA man alright if you don't know the global audience it has. And for the record, its not getting one over on the GAA, if I felt the need to do that I wouldn't be a lifelong member and supporter, I would soon withdraw it.  This is not about the GAA or any opposition to it as well you know.  Its simply about GAA members using an occasion to take a stand. And my ego isn't that big to dictate to you or anyone else a list of what I do for any cause.  Your a simple troll who gratifies himself in anonymity.  But you are very humorous in your ridiculousness, keep it up!  :)

CD

I love that you finished with a smiley face.  :)
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Aoise

Quote from: CD on August 07, 2014, 08:41:47 PM
I love that you finished with a smiley face.  :)

In reality, I'm laughing my ass off CD! ;-)

thebigfella

Quote from: Aoise on August 07, 2014, 08:34:16 PM

Give me a f**king break

Are you actually serious??? lol  You don't know me!  You don't know what I do or don't do so don't hide behind a keyboard anonymously and attack anyone for acting on their conscience.  More followers on twitter than will watch the All Ireland Senior Football Quarter finals? - Your just showing yourself up now!  Get over yourself if your ego will let you, but I don't think it will.  You're obviously a good GAA man alright if you don't know the global audience it has. And for the record, its not getting one over on the GAA, if I felt the need to do that I wouldn't be a lifelong member and supporter, I would soon withdraw it.  This is not about the GAA or any opposition to it as well you know.  Its simply about GAA members using an occasion to take a stand. And my ego isn't that big to dictate to you or anyone else a list of what I do for any cause.  Your a simple troll who gratifies himself in anonymity.  But you are very humorous in your ridiculousness, keep it up!  :)

Ah yeah the twitter comment is lost on you ::)   

Aoise

Quote from: thebigfella on August 07, 2014, 08:58:46 PM

Give me a f**king break

You are lost on me!

charlieTully

Quote from: Aoise on August 07, 2014, 09:00:10 PM

Give me a f**king break

You are lost on me!

Judging by the reaction on the facebook page Saturday should be a success lad, some folk disagree and thats fair enough, you will always get it, it is like the ones who say ach sure let them walk Garvaghy road its only a few minutes, or let them march past the Ardoyne shops, or let 50/50 towns be bedecked in union jacks its only a couple of months. Its the way of Ireland, always has and always will be.

Aoise

Quote from: charlieTully on August 07, 2014, 09:10:20 PM

Give me a f**king break

You are lost on me!

Judging by the reaction on the facebook page Saturday should be a success lad, some folk disagree and thats fair enough, you will always get it, it is like the ones who say ach sure let them walk Garvaghy road its only a few minutes, or let them march past the Ardoyne shops, or let 50/50 towns be bedecked in union jacks its only a couple of months. Its the way of Ireland, always has and always will be.

Thanks Charlie!  Very true.

Syferus

I was wondering how long this would take to become a thinly-veined proxy war about the north.

haranguerer

Quote from: Aoise on August 07, 2014, 09:16:04 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on August 07, 2014, 09:10:20 PM

Give me a f**king break

You are lost on me!

Thanks Charlie!  Very true.

The length of these quotes is getting seriously out of hand...