The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Yes we are, I assume thats you breathing heavily down my neck! I can get the smell of the North off you.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

The Real Laoislad

What loft did you go for in the Nike gerry?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gerrykeegan

26 degrees, a bit girly I know but its where I struggle, you didnt get any bills from Customs did you? I didnt yet but a lad l know bought clothes for his daughter and got a bill afterwards

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 15, 2009, 10:49:03 PM
26 degrees, a bit girly I know but its where I struggle, you didnt get any bills from Customs did you? I didnt yet but a lad l know bought clothes for his daughter and got a bill afterwards

I got the 26* aswell so don't worry!
I haven't got anything from customs yet,but in saying that I got my clubs delivered to my parents house as I knew someone would be there to collect them,so as I haven't been home in a while I dunno if there is one waiting for me there..
Couldn't be much anyway could it?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

venter

Lads, I'm thinking of buying from that site.  If ye get a bill from Customs will ye let me know. I need to factor in the extra cost before i part with my money.

Thanks

gerrykeegan

Venter

My stuff arrived last Monday no Customs bill yet, only bought off the site the once and they are excellent. I will be going back again shortly.The site itself is slow.

flantheman82

How many of these are true? More than most would care to admit.

LAW 1: No matter how bad your last shot was, the worst is yet to come. This law does not expire on the 18th hole, since it has the supernatural tendency to extend over the course of a tournament, a summer and, eventually, a lifetime.

LAW 2: Your best round of golf will be followed almost immediately by your worst round ever. The probability of the latter increases with the number of people you tell about the former.

LAW 3: Brand new golf balls are water-magnetic. Though this cannot be proven in the lab, it is a known fact that the more expensive the golf ball, the greater its attraction to water.

LAW 4: Golf balls never bounce off of trees back into play. If one does, the tree is breaking a law of the universe and should be cut down.

LAW 5: No matter what causes a golfer to muff a shot, all his playing partners must solemnly chant "You looked up," or invoke the wrath of the universe.

LAW 6: The higher a golfer's handicap, the more qualified he deems himself as an instructor.

LAW 7: Every par-three hole in the world has a secret desire to humiliate golfers. The shorter the hole, the greater its
desire.

LAW 8: Topping a 3-iron is the most painful torture known to man.

LAW 9: Palm trees eat golf balls.

LAW 10: Sand is alive. If it isn't, how do you explain the way it works against you?

LAW 11: Golf carts always run out of juice at the farthest point from the clubhouse.

LAW 12: A golfer hitting into your group will always be bigger than anyone in your group. Likewise, a group you accidentally hit into will consist of a football player, a professional wrestler, a convicted murderer and an IRS agent -- or some similar combination.

LAW 13: All 3-woods are demon-possessed.

LAW 14: Golf balls from the same "sleeve" tend to follow one another, particularly out of bounds or into the water (See
Law three).

LAW 15: A severe slice is a thing of awesome power and beauty.

LAW 16: "Nice lag" can usually be translated to "lousy putt. " Similarly, "tough break" can usually be translated "way to miss an easy one, sucker. "

LAW 17: The person you would most hate to lose to will always be the one who beats you.

LAW 18: The last three holes of a round will automatically adjust your score to what it really should be.

LAW 19: Golf should be given up at least twice per month.

LAW 20: All vows taken on a golf course shall be valid only until the sunset.

The Real Laoislad

Very good flantheman..
I had a real laugh at Law 5....so f**king true  :D
In fact all of them are fairly spot on
You'll Never Walk Alone.

venter

Thanks Gerry.. keep me posted about any nasty letters. My bro bought some clothes on line from america a couple of years ago and he got a nasty bill from customs

I think I will buy that 26% hybrid too. Bloody 4 iron was breaking my heart in Athenry on saturday.

ONeill

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 15, 2009, 08:38:13 AM
Yes we are, I assume thats you breathing heavily down my neck! I can get the smell of the North off you.

You must be feeling the pressure knowing that only for a Week 3 blip when I was on hols and lost out on about 130 points I'd have this sown up. As it is, I have timed it perfectly and the 10-point gap will be wiped out by Friday morning.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: venter on September 21, 2009, 05:41:28 PM
Thanks Gerry.. keep me posted about any nasty letters. My bro bought some clothes on line from america a couple of years ago and he got a nasty bill from customs

I think I will buy that 26% hybrid too. Bloody 4 iron was breaking my heart in Athenry on saturday.

I used the 26 degree nike on Sunday, hit it very well, its a replacement for a 5 iron rather than a 4 iron

The Real Laoislad

Phil Mick playing great stuff at moment.
Tiger just holed a putt from about 30foot  :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magickingdom

phils got the tour championship, tiger the fed ex. another great show from harry

The Real Laoislad

Harry defiantly back in form
Next season could be huge for him,could see him winning a major or two
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

A Par 3 for a 18th hole is great viewing I think,would like to see it more often especially if they used Par 3's like the 6th on that course
You'll Never Walk Alone.