The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

He is now 13/8 to win outright with PP, might wait and see if he touches 2/1.

saffron

On a bit of a side issue..

Does anybody have a table or something that tells you what sort of golf clubs your supposed to have depending on your height? I mean when do you use +1 or +2 clubs?

Cheers

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Big John Daly now leads at -5
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossie11

Eagle 2.. 383yards.. Did he drive the green???

Gabriel_Hurl

The Real Laoislad

Daly just double bogeyed so Mcginley leads again on -4 :o
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rossie11

Collaspe from the big man.. +2.. must have ran out of cigars..

The Real Laoislad

Rory Mcilroy(spelling?) is giving it socks.. - 3 not bad for a 18year old rookie
You'll Never Walk Alone.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 19, 2007, 05:23:28 PM
Rory Mcilroy(spelling?) is giving it socks.. - 3 not bad for a 18year old rookie

Watching it here in the states, the yank commentators are falling over themselves in a love fest for McIlroy. Hope he can keep it up as he is playing very well.

corn02

Just got home to see wome of his roundup, his tee off at the 13th was superb. Fair play.

full back

I'm Tiger's main threat - Poulter 

Poulter believes he can be on a par with Woods
Ian Poulter is set to infuriate his rival professionals after claiming he is the only one capable of challenging world number one Tiger Woods.
The world number 22 made his comments in the March edition of Golf World.

"The trouble is I don't rate anyone else," said the extrovert Englishman. "Don't get me wrong, I respect everyone who is a professional.

"But the problem is I haven't played to my full potential yet. And when that happens it will just be me and Tiger."

606: DEBATE
Can Poulter really challenge the world number one?

Woods has 13 majors and 85 career titles to his name, while Poulter has won seven tournaments.

The pair will both be competing at the Dubai Desert Classic, which starts on Thursday.

The 28-year-old Poulter's comments are sure to see him ridiculed by some of his counterparts on the golf circuit.

And reports suggest his fellow professionals may all give each other a prearranged signal on the driving range in Dubai and leave just Poulter and Woods practising.

Poulter was asked for his predictions on who would win the four majors this year and he said Woods would win the Masters and that he would win the US Open.

He did not offer any names for the Open or USPGA.

What a complete tube.............

lynchbhoy

any recommendations on pay per play courses in or around Dublin ?

am gonna start playing golf more this year now that mywork and home circumstances have changed.

gerrykeegan

What side of the city are you on and what is your requirement? ie price range, is a weekends or during the week,
Corballis is a great pay as you play course but can be very slow at weekends
Elmgreen is cheap but can take 5 hours or more on a Sunday
Hollystown has 27 holes and is more expensive but much better than Elmgreen, not too busy
Sillogue is long, dont know the price but can be a little slow

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 30, 2008, 12:41:29 PM
What side of the city are you on and what is your requirement? ie price range, is a weekends or during the week,
Corballis is a great pay as you play course but can be very slow at weekends
Elmgreen is cheap but can take 5 hours or more on a Sunday
Hollystown has 27 holes and is more expensive but much better than Elmgreen, not too busy
Sillogue is long, dont know the price but can be a little slow
being mean- as cheap as possible (no point in paying big bucks until I get half decent)
but will pay whatever I have to

Elm green is nearby , have heard of corballis and silogue - not sure where they are though.

Will go out the odd Thurs/fri afternoon or sat morning I suppose.

Hollystown sounds good from what you said.
Thanks.