Champions league Semi-Finals

Started by new devil, April 13, 2011, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Just after reading that Eric Abidal has been included in the squad for tomorrow night's game. Remarkable given what he has come through in recent months and just how quickly he has returned.

ross4life

Good to hear Abidal made a speedy recovery, I'm just after reading the Ref for tomoro's game (Frank De Bleeckere) is the same guy that was in charge of the Barca v Inter game last year...Jose won't like that  :D

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gallsman

Great news about Abidal.

Anyone else watched the videos of Busquets allegedly calling Marcelo "mono, mono". While Busquets is a despicable f**k and I certainly wouldn't put it past him, in the video circulated, the words coming out of his mouth clearly aren't "mono, mono".

paco

I haven't seen the video myself, anyone got a link? It seems strange that Guardiola hasn't came out and denied that he said it though, which gives the impression that Busquets may have actually said it.

gallsman

Quote from: paco on May 03, 2011, 09:16:05 AM
I haven't seen the video myself, anyone got a link? It seems strange that Guardiola hasn't came out and denied that he said it though, which gives the impression that Busquets may have actually said it.

You'll find it on youtube no bother.

Guardiola's words were very ambiguous - he said something along the lines that players do stuff they regret and are not proud of. I think there's a signifcant likelihood it happened, but trying to lip read the video (in which he obviously tries to shield his mouth) it doesn't look like he's saying "mono mono". Marcelo also has no particular reaction.

paco

I watched a few there. I must say, it's very difficult to know exactly what Busquets says so I'll leave it at that. I agree with you about Marcelo's reaction, Gallsman, surely if he did say it he would have reacted angrily at the time or at least afterwards. I could be wrong, but I don't think he's said anything about it in any interviews since? Was it Karanka who brought up these accusations in the first place?

Puckoon

Quote from: gallsman on May 02, 2011, 11:23:07 PM
Great news about Abidal.

Anyone else watched the videos of Busquets allegedly calling Marcelo "mono, mono". While Busquets is a despicable f**k and I certainly wouldn't put it past him, in the video circulated, the words coming out of his mouth clearly aren't "mono, mono".

Whats the reference of Mono? Maybe he was trying to call him Bono and had a hair lip moment.

Up The Middle

Quote from: Puckoon on May 03, 2011, 03:20:58 PM
Great news about Abidal.

Whats the reference of Mono? Maybe he was trying to call him Bono and had a hair lip moment.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Blowitupref

Great news about Abidal.

Mono is also the adjective for Cute/good looking maybe Busquets swings that way  ;)
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gallsman

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 03, 2011, 06:05:11 PM
Great news about Abidal.

Mono is also the adjective for Cute/good looking maybe Busquets swings that way  ;)

The whole thing is strange:

Guardiola not outright denying it.

Marcelo not reacting in any outraged manner.

Real not reporting it initially.

Real actually reporting it at all given the torrents of racial abuse raining down on Dani Alves. Again.

Real releasing a video of proof when, in reality, Busquets could be saying any number of things. "Puta" could just as easily have come out of his mouth.

paco

Barcelona:  Valdes, Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Messi, Villa

Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Carvalho, Albiol, Marcelo, L. Diarra, Alonso, Kaka, Di Maria, Ronaldo, Higuain

Blowitupref

Hopefully it's a good clean game of football this time.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

gallsman

"Disabled due to copyright claim" is killing me and it's not on terrestrial German TV - anyone got any good links?

Minder

What players are a yellow away from missing final?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Blowitupref

None from Barcelona & that's all we need to know.