Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

haranguerer

Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2019, 11:40:11 PM
Shocking stuff in this show.

4 things.

This was not about protection money.  Our resident peddlers of that myth can shut up anytime.  The attackers repeatedly asked him to resign his position and (I can't really believe what I'm about to type...) carved the letters QIH into his chest with a stanley knife.

It's unlikely that SQ will ever make any inroads into the business again... and rightly so.

If he did, I wouldn't buy as much as a brick from that company. (Not that he'd care much I'm sure, but fcuk him)

There are those in the local community who know the score here but are keeping their mouths shut.

No-one would. This attack has completely screwed up any chance of Quinn getting back, and also tainted his legacy amongst many who would have supported him. This was an obvious outcome, even for these knuckleheads, so it is really hard to see the precise motivation. Perhaps it is just as simple as revenge, but it surely couldn't have been aimed at reinstating Quinn, for any action like this instantly made that impossible.

screenexile

Is there a chance that Quinn knows he's not getting it back at this stage so has just decided to cause as much harm to those who have wronged him as possible??

The whole thing stinks!!

yellowcard

Quote from: Franko on November 05, 2019, 11:40:11 PM
Shocking stuff in this show.

4 things.

This was not about protection money.  Our resident peddlers of that myth can shut up anytime.  The attackers repeatedly asked him to resign his position and (I can't really believe what I'm about to type...) carved the letters QIH into his chest with a stanley knife.

It's unlikely that SQ will ever make any inroads into the business again... and rightly so.

If he did, I wouldn't buy as much as a brick from that company. (Not that he'd care much I'm sure, but fcuk him)

There are those in the local community who know the score here but are keeping their mouths shut.

That description of how they engraved QIH into his chest before dumping him was harrowing and this appeared to be a pre planned strategy which is chilling. Must be a horrible environment for people to have to work in that company now.

Angelo

So what do the Pro Quinn posters here believe is the motive behind these attacks now that you can effectively rule out extortion?

Do they really believe this is vingilantism when it's clearly heavily funded by a moneyman?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

square_ball

The directors are brave men to be continuing in their posts working under in kind of atmosphere. I'm not sure if I could continue if I was in their shoes. They all have young families too.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on November 06, 2019, 12:09:40 PM
The directors are brave men to be continuing in their posts working under in kind of atmosphere. I'm not sure if I could continue if I was in their shoes. They all have young families too.

What else can they do really? Families need provided for

square_ball

By the sounds of it they are highly intelligent men they could walk into a high paying job without the threats hanging over their heads. I'm just saying the thought would certainly be high up in my mind. Yes it's letting them win but I don't know if I personally could live my life in the current conditions.

As I say they are brave for continuing and fair play to them for that.

gallsman

Quote from: square_ball on November 06, 2019, 12:20:46 PM
By the sounds of it they are highly intelligent men they could walk into a high paying job without the threats hanging over their heads. I'm just saying the thought would certainly be high up in my mind. Yes it's letting them win but I don't know if I personally could live my life in the current conditions.

I'm the Fermanagh-Cavan area?

square_ball

Quote from: gallsman on November 06, 2019, 12:36:59 PM

I'm the Fermanagh-Cavan area?

Are they restricted to just the Fermanagh-Cavan area for work?

supersarsfields

Quote from: Angelo on November 06, 2019, 12:03:37 PM
So what do the Pro Quinn posters here believe is the motive behind these attacks now that you can effectively rule out extortion?

Do they really believe this is vingilantism when it's clearly heavily funded by a moneyman?

If that was aimed at me, I had never claimed it was extortion. But it's equally as clear that the result of the attack is bad news for SQ. So do I think he was orchestrating things, No.   

Joeythelips

I live across the pond and am new to this story, it reached news over here since BBC spotlight shed some light on it. Can someone sum it up for me here if possible? Quinn Holdings is been attacked by criminals for what purpose? Who benefits or what is the overall goal?

johnnycool

Quote from: supersarsfields on November 06, 2019, 12:54:04 PM

If that was aimed at me, I had never claimed it was extortion. But it's equally as clear that the result of the attack is bad news for SQ. So do I think he was orchestrating things, No.   

Who possibly stands to gain from these lads standing down?

Even if he's not involved it really doesn't reflect well on Sean and his family.

Maybe if he come out and said he's no interest in getting involved in QIH ever again then that might take some of the spotlight away from him.

supersarsfields

Quote from: johnnycool on November 06, 2019, 12:59:30 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on November 06, 2019, 12:54:04 PM

Who possibly stands to gain from these lads standing down?

Even if he's not involved it really doesn't reflect well on Sean and his family.

Maybe if he come out and said he's no interest in getting involved in QIH ever again then that might take some of the spotlight away from him.

He has. In the interview with C4 he has withdrawn any interest in trying to pursue a return to the business now as a result of the attack.
I don't think there is much else he can do if he's not involved directly.

Taylor

+1

It would be the only thing in my mind.
Its all fair and well having a high paid job but what use are you to your family if you are dead - which is exactly what the threats now are