Started by Eire90, July 19, 2023, 06:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: befair on July 23, 2023, 06:28:14 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 23, 2023, 02:37:53 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on July 23, 2023, 01:42:20 PM
is cocaine overdoses that  common

Probably not

But entire towns in rural Ireland are being terrorized by people collecting drug debts

There are feuds going on all over the country over control of the drugs trade with several people murdered

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/2023/07/17/christy-hylands-campaign-against-drugs-in-mayo-is-to-be-applauded/

At the risk of repeating myself (AGAIN) "Cocaine is NOT a very very minor problem"

That is the context of my comment
But you are missing the context; in comparison to alcohol, cocaine abuse is a very very minor problem. Ask any doctor how many patients they have with an alcohol problem. 70% of Irish men and 34% of women aged 15+ are considered to be hazardous drinkers
Are you not simply adding the word abuse in to change the terms of the discussion?
I don't think he was arguing cocaine abuse being an issue,  he was arguing cocaine was an issue.

Alcohol abuse is an issue. The Alcohol industry is not an issue.
Cocaine abuse is not an issue. The cocaine industry is an issue.

befair

Quote from: LeoMc on July 23, 2023, 06:51:02 PM

Probably not

But entire towns in rural Ireland are being terrorized by people collecting drug debts

There are feuds going on all over the country over control of the drugs trade with several people murdered

https://www.con-telegraph.ie/2023/07/17/christy-hylands-campaign-against-drugs-in-mayo-is-to-be-applauded/

At the risk of repeating myself (AGAIN) "Cocaine is NOT a very very minor problem"

But you are missing the context; in comparison to alcohol, cocaine abuse is a very very minor problem. Ask any doctor how many patients they have with an alcohol problem. 70% of Irish men and 34% of women aged 15+ are considered to be hazardous drinkers
Are you not simply adding the word abuse in to change the terms of the discussion?
I don't think he was arguing cocaine abuse being an issue,  he was arguing cocaine was an issue.

The alcohol industry is a huge issue.

whitey

Quote from: befair on July 23, 2023, 07:27:42 PM

Probably not

Nobody said it wasnt

befair

Quote from: whitey on July 23, 2023, 08:22:55 PM

Probably not

Nobody said it wasnt

Except.... the previous poster.....

LeoMc

Probably not

Fair point, I probably worded it badly. I was trying to make the point that the drug industry for want of a better term is an issue.

whitey

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 23, 2023, 09:12:34 PM

Probably not

Nobody said it wasnt
;D Fcuk me.

Carry on....

Two things can be true at the same time,

Alcohol abuse is pervasive and has been for decades but cocaine is not a very very minor issue.

I was in Ireland recently and heard about an 80 year old woman having a gun put to her head and forced to sell her house to cover a drug debt for a family member

befair

Quote from: whitey on July 23, 2023, 10:01:47 PM

Probably not

Nobody said it wasnt
;D Fcuk me.

Carry on....

Alcohol abuse is pervasive and has been for decades but cocaine is not a very very minor issue.

I was in Ireland recently and heard about an 80 year old woman having a gun put to her head and forced to sell her house to cover a drug debt for a family member
yeh right....

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: befair on July 24, 2023, 12:17:24 AM

Probably not

Nobody said it wasnt
;D Fcuk me.

Carry on....

yeh right....

Are you for real? This happens all the time. Cuckooing is a huge problem.

befair

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 24, 2023, 04:07:48 PM

Probably not

Nobody said it wasnt
;D Fcuk me.

Carry on....

yeh right....

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence

rrhf

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 24, 2023, 04:07:48 PM

Probably not

Nobody said it wasnt
;D Fcuk me.

Carry on....

yeh right....

Yes Cuckooing is a big issue

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on July 27, 2023, 12:28:15 PM
https://m.independent.ie/news/eircode-gang-suspected-as-man-24-abducted-and-badly-beaten-on-beach-over-debt/a1016599860.html

" Drug related intimidation is a massive and increasing countywide problem."

Don't be shocked though, have you missed the show's Love Hate or Kin? You'd be a fool to think it just happens in the big smoke!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eire90

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eire90 on July 27, 2023, 01:16:17 PM
has there been a few suicides over drug debts

Be no debt if it were legal, not saying that would stop people taking drugs though
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea