FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudi

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 31, 2023, 08:44:09 PM
Ireland's World Cup adventure comes to an end. Since we qualified, I have never seen a Witch-hunt like it. For every positive story there has been two negative stories. If I didn't know better I'd say there was a concerted to make this group look bad.

Welcome to the 21st century,  its chit.

Captain Scarlet

It kinda seems that the squad and Pauw don't see eye to eye. Maybe it's just the fact its the longest time they spent together...
But she doesn't help matters naming players or talking about disagreements with McCabe, etc
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 31, 2023, 11:30:49 PM
It kinda seems that the squad and Pauw don't see eye to eye. Maybe it's just the fact its the longest time they spent together...
But she doesn't help matters naming players or talking about disagreements with McCabe, etc
Apparently all goes back to the Glasgow singalong. Players unhappy she didn't defend them.

Capt Pat

It looks like the media are going to run another successful international manager out of town again.

highorlow

We're not here to take part we're here to takeover.

Heard a "fan" spouting that on the news one night, the first part proven to be factually correct I suppose.

It didn't go unnoticed at the time, VP should've told the media where to go when the "sing-song" stuff blew up. Like most foreign managers she's more interested in her own future than Ireland.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

manfromdelmonte

Didn't help that the manager is contesting allegations in the US about ill treatment of players and staff

Captain Scarlet

Exactly and I'm wondering is more to come? Or are the players seeing more of her in camp showing another side?
Like Jamie Finn not making it and her bringing in Sherva, who was poor, probably isn't great for the group dynamic either...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

marty34

I mentioned a while back that one of the players was asked directly should VP get a new contract and the player was noncommital on the issue.

Maybe because it was a curve ball question for a journalist looking a story, especially as the player and VP were sitting beside each other.

Seems to say a lot.

A case of that ill-fated statement that the manager has lost the dressing room.

shark

Quote from: marty34 on August 01, 2023, 09:11:02 AM
I mentioned a while back that one of the players was asked directly should VP get a new contract and the player was noncommital on the issue.

Maybe because it was a curve ball question for a journalist looking a story, especially as the player and VP were sitting beside each other.

Seems to say a lot.

A case of that ill-fated statement that the manager has lost the dressing room.

A real shitty question to ask a player really. Have never seen it in the mens game. Maybe because they know that male players are media trained at their clubs, and will bat away a question like that so easily.

Regarding the allegations from her time in the US. Maybe there is more to come out , but so far all I have heard is what one would expect from a professional sports manager.

weareros

The US allegations are pretty nonsense and show a double standard. Would Alex Ferguson be banned in US for kicking a boot at Beckham or Pep be banned for telling 5 of his players they were fat. She is banned in US for fat shaming players and the Irish media played their game. It was terrible unfair on the players on the eve of the WC.

Pauw adding new American/English players seems to have been an issue too but nothing that Jack Charlton did not do, replacing some Irish players with upcoming English born. Sinead Farrelly spent much of her youth in Ireland, child of Irish parents, and it was genuinely a positive story to see her back playing football after her abuse ordeals and car accident. Besides, she looked that more skillful than many of the others but did not have 90 mins in her.

It does however look like Pauw and that team will part company. They played some nice football  against Nigeria but need to find more power up front, and creativity in middle. It's not a bad idea going after Irish-American, English born or Aussie-Irish women to strengthen team for Euros. They are not far off if they could solve that.

trailer

State of Vera Pauw at the homecoming. What was she dancing for? 2 loses and a draw? Hardly the results you'd be celebrating. Difficult to take her seriously as a person.

From the Bunker

Quote from: trailer on August 04, 2023, 02:38:36 PM
State of Vera Pauw at the homecoming. What was she dancing for? 2 loses and a draw? Hardly the results you'd be celebrating. Difficult to take her seriously as a person.

Ireland were 1 of 12 countries from Europe to qualify for the World Cup. All 3 countries that were in our group were in the last World Cup and got to the knock-out stage of that competition.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Eire90

Quote from: highorlow on August 01, 2023, 07:27:40 AM
We're not here to take part we're here to takeover.

Heard a "fan" spouting that on the news one night, the first part proven to be factually correct I suppose.

It didn't go unnoticed at the time, VP should've told the media where to go when the "sing-song" stuff blew up. Like most foreign managers she's more interested in her own future than Ireland.

a load of rubbish that was ireland have only ever had one major mma world champion

jcpen

This is one of my 3 usernames.