Max Clifford

Started by StGallsGAA, May 03, 2014, 10:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Deserves its own thread.   There's an poetic irony in the fact that many celebs charged with horrendous offences, despite considerable evidence against them,   get off due to expensive lawyers and the PR work of the likes of Clifford.   Neither could save him however!

5 Sams

I'd say he'll lift the lid on a few "celebrities" now. He has nothing to lose.
The Aristocrat Years

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 03, 2014, 10:09:19 PM

You would think so but I would imagine there would be tight confidentiality agreements in many of his contracts so it might not be easy.  Let the dirty **** rot in jail as a big boys bitch,  he will die there.

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 03, 2014, 10:16:47 PM

You would think so but I would imagine there would be tight confidentiality agreements in many of his contracts so it might not be easy.  Let the dirty **** rot in jail as a big boys bitch,  he will die there.

Sure won't be be out in 4-5?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2014, 10:38:37 PM

If he lasts that long!!!

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 03, 2014, 10:40:25 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2014, 10:38:37 PM

If he lasts that long!!!

I doubt we'd be so lucky. He clearly felt he was going to get off, he was openly mocking the case in front of the reporters last month.

ziggysego

Quote from: Syferus on May 03, 2014, 10:42:57 PM
He clearly felt he was going to get off, he was openly mocking the case in front of the reporters last month.

http://youtu.be/uMB_e0PH3Hg
Testing Accessibility

StGallsGAA

Exposure is enough for his ilk but  unfortunately too many get off. Time for a rethink around the judicial system in the USA and UK where money buys legal teams that can confuse jurors enough to make the liklihood of getting away with it seem inevitable.

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on May 03, 2014, 10:58:46 PM
He clearly felt he was going to get off, he was openly mocking the case in front of the reporters last month.

Didn't the judge refer to this when passing sentence ?.

trileacman

He's f**king cracked in that video. f**king hell that **** couldn't get long enough.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on May 03, 2014, 11:46:28 PM

Don't recall, but wouldn't be surprised. Awful behaviour.
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ziggysego on May 04, 2014, 10:10:16 AM
Quote from: orangeman on May 03, 2014, 11:46:28 PM

Don't recall, but wouldn't be surprised. Awful behaviour.
From the judgement:

"Not unnaturally, what she looks for is some sort of apology from you or an acknowledgment as to what you have been responsible for. She has been extremely upset by your public denials before trial, the reports of your attitude during trial – laughing and shaking your head in the dock at the accusations made against you. For my part I would add something that since the jury have returned verdicts I have discovered that you appeared behind a reporter outside this court whilst he was making his report of your evidence and during which you mimicked his actions in a way that was designed to trivialise these events. I find your behaviour to be quite extraordinary and a further indication that you show no remorse."

nrico2006

What evidence was there against him?  Seemed to be a flimsy enough case.  A couple of dolls say he did such and such forty years ago and he says he didn't.  Surely there has to be more evidence required than this? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

dferg

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 05, 2014, 08:35:22 AM
What evidence was there against him?  Seemed to be a flimsy enough case.  A couple of dolls say he did such and such forty years ago and he says he didn't.  Surely there has to be more evidence required than this?

I agree.  One of the woman making the allegations is Gordon Ramsey's ex 'mistress'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2284861/Gordon-Ramsays-ex-mistress-Sarah-Symonds-opens-Wife-School-teaches-women-act-like-mistress-make-husband-happy.html

Other allegations are that he tried to a persuade 19 girl to have it off with him, implying that it would be good for her career.  While that makes him extremely sleazy, I don't think it is a criminal offence.

The evidence against him seems very circumstantial.

armaghniac

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 05, 2014, 08:35:22 AM

A bit like the recent discussion about Gerry Adams, it is difficult to investigate events 40 years ago. There is no doubt Clifford was taking advantage of groupies, and offering to "advance their career" and generally chancing his arm. However I imagine most of the events took place in private and it seems to me very difficult to prove something beyond reasonable doubt when the person did not report it for 30 years. But I haven't read accounts of trail in detail.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B