NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

magpie seanie

Quote from: declan85 on September 28, 2010, 11:43:59 AM
My fantasy team is going down hill fast after a good win in week one but at least the bears are giving me a reason to be happy :)

Amen to that. Great to see Devin Hester back to what made him famous.

mc_grens

Rehab Is For Quitters- Seriously... If you do that trade you're crazy.

eiled in the bushes

starting to get the hang of this now.pick up a few more players soon,heading to top of league.   RISER!!!!!!!!!!!
get some metal in your life

Lone Shark

Quote from: mc_grens on September 28, 2010, 10:26:45 PM

I think it's fair enough actually.

the Deel Rover

can you only pick up players through the waiver system now ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

magpie seanie

Quote from: Lone Shark on September 28, 2010, 11:53:53 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on September 28, 2010, 10:26:45 PM

I think it's fair enough actually.

Yeah, think its fine myself for what its worth.

AZOffaly

Lads,

Whoever is doing that trade, can you just PM me the rationale behind it? It's basically Andre Johnson for Chris Johnson (fair enough) and Michael Vick AND Marion Barber for Mike Wallace (?).

I'm not necessarily objecting to it, but I'd like to hear the reasoning from both sides.

Cheers

The Iceman

thanks for the confidence and lack thereof......

Some of you would be shocked at the trades I have had turned down.  In hindsight this 14 man league leaves things too deep with the smarter guys who actually were able to draft sitting way ahead of the rest.  With few core players us mid tier men and bottom of the league guys have hardly anything, to trade with.

This is a decent trade for both Puppetmaster and I - lets see what happens.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Iceman on September 29, 2010, 10:46:53 AM
thanks for the confidence and lack thereof......

Some of you would be shocked at the trades I have had turned down.  In hindsight this 14 man league leaves things too deep with the smarter guys who actually were able to draft sitting way ahead of the rest.  With few core players us mid tier men and bottom of the league guys have hardly anything, to trade with.

This is a decent trade for both Puppetmaster and I - lets see what happens.

i'm glad you didn't play vicks against me iceman it would have made the match a whole lot closer .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

The Iceman

Lets see lad if this works for me. If it does I'll be a Champ and if it doesn't I'll be a chump - but thats what high stake risks are all about
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

The Claw

Lads I need some advice in another league, I don't know what to do and you fine gentlemen are my last resort. Starting roster is 2 rbs, 2 wr and one flex position. I have been offered Ryan Matthews and Mike Sims Walker for DeSean Jackson. My receivers are DJax, Mike Wallace, Braylon Edwards, Mike Williams, and Vincent Jackson. My rbs are Shonn Greene, Jonathan Stewart, Knowshawn Moreno and James Harrison. My RBs are not doing well because Greene is losing carries to LT, Harrison losing carries to Hillis, and Stewart is just not doing it. Moreno is doing well. Jackson is probably my top performer but Matthews could be a beast when fit, and Vincent Jackson could be good when he comes back.
Views will be greatly appreciated.

mc_grens

@The Claw: All indicators are that VJax will sit out the season at the mo, so I'd drop him to be honest... at the very least dont be doing the trade based on him coming back...

@AZ/ Iceman... I wasnt raising an objection to the trade I just think its mad to trade away AJ80 in a PPR, especially when you're also giving away potentially the best player in fantasy with him! Vick has never had these weapons before, he's never had such good QB coaches as Reid and Worinwheg (sp?), and his performance is showing it. I would wait until after this weekend to do the trade, as Vick has his first test against a pretty good D, and we'll know if he's for real 100% of the time by Monday morning.

As it stands you think you're doing OK from the trade, so does your trade partner, and when that is the case, who are we to question it?

Capt Pat

I think the trade is ok. I know Vick is making a bit of a splash at the moment but I don't expect it to last. Also Barber is doing nothing. On the other side of the trade, I expect Mike Wallace to improve Once Ben Rothliesberger comes back in week 5.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 29, 2010, 07:19:51 PM
I think the trade is ok. I know Vick is making a bit of a splash at the moment but I don't expect it to last. Also Barber is doing nothing. On the other side of the trade, I expect Mike Wallace to improve Once Ben Rothliesberger comes back in week 5.

Exactly what I think.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers