NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

In the Montana Conference we see some interesting Week 2 Fixtures as some teams look to kick start their season, while others obviously hope to keep early momentum going.

The first fixture on our slate sees an all East and West division matchup as the Faithful Turfmen and New York Jets IV put their 1-0 records on the line while next up, The Royal Badgers face a tough task against top scoring Galway Bay Tribesmen in a bid to get off the mark.

An intra North and South division matchup sees the 0-1 Craigyhill Terrors try to redeem themselves against the division leading hegan's helmets while another North and South division battle, the O'Neill's Chargers will try to get their first win against the 1-0 RedBolts MightyOaks.

Another North and South battle, this time of 0-1 teams, is next up as the 6th place Shower of Tramps and 7th place Big Apple Orchards lock horns to try and avoid starting 0-2, and at the same time over in the other division, we have a pure East and West division battle. The 0-1 pair of the Curragh Rams (east) take on the Ruthless Rossies (west) with both sides anxious not to let a gap appear already, this early in the season.

The final game of the week sees an inter division matchup as the North and South division 3rd place team, Capt Pats Vikings, takes on the East and West division 4th place squad, Smackdown Clowns, in a battle of unbeatens.

Over to the Payton Conference, where a similar situation obviously exists, given that we only have one week in the books. First off we have an all South and West battle, and an all Offaly battle, as the unbeaten pair of Faithful Turfmen 'B' and L'Esprit de Biff face up in an early rivalry game.

Next on the docket, there is another intra division meeting of 1-0 teams as the North and East's puppet master and Shrek's Ogres square off as 2nd plays 3rd. In the other division, bottom placed Rehab is 4 Quitters will try to get going with a contest against the 2nd placed Ballyhaise Bills.

The pivot game in the seven game schedule features an all North and East clash as the 7th placed North Antrim Nuggets attempt to get off the mark against the unlucky Red Hand Helmets while in the same division the 0-1 Carlow for Sam 2011 will be looking for much better things against the 5th place and also fresh off a defeat Crossmaglen Hitmen.

The penultimate game is a South and West division clash between 0-1 6th placed the ConVICKS and the free scoring Conference #1 ranked Coolera Bears while the week closes off with a potential doozey between the 0-1 mayo warriors (who scored 132.59 points in week 1) and the 1st place North and East division Old Jack City who scored 120.31 in a winning Week 1 effort.

Best of luck everyone, and remember to check injury news, and the waiver wire.

Also, I noticed a query about your roster being locked. The roster is not locked at all, only when individual positions have played will that position be locked. If you have guys that are NA or on IR, you can drop them to the bench assuming a) Their team has not yet played and b) You have someone to replace them. The only restriction is that you will not be able to pick up new players once the games have started for the week.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 15, 2010, 10:38:19 AM
When does the waiver thing get sorted? When do the players come off waivers?

You can bid for them at any time, you just won't get them until they come off waivers, depending on your waiver priority.

They will be assigned off waivers, to the highest positioned bidder, today. Not sure what time.

Capt Pat

I wonder what time that might be. Things have gone very strange on the add players page now, it doesn't make any sense. I tried to cancel one of my waivers, I wonder if I was too late

AZOffaly

Just took a look, I'd say the waivers are in the process of being applied. Remember it's just gone 8AM eastern in the US, so this would be about the time. On the add players now, the player I put in for a waiver on is listed in 'All Available Players' but is not actually available to add (no green cross). I'd say it's because they are in the middle of working through them.

On a seperate note, any player on waivers who was not claimed is now a Free Agent (FA). That means you can pick him up immediately without affecting your waiver slot.

*ALL* free agents will again go on the waiver wire when the games begin next Sunday.

Capt Pat

Last week I wasn't able to pick up a kicker before the games kisked off, they were on waivers for a long time before kick off.

AZOffaly

no they weren't. They all went on Waivers on Thursday, which was the day of the first game.

AZOffaly

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2010, 04:27:34 PM
Leinart signs with Houston. 1 year deal.

First game Thursday night, don't forget your rosters!

Capt Pat, you can't say I didn't warn you :D

Edit. Jaysus that *wasn't* a freudian slip :D

AZOffaly

Our Predictions Competition.

1     Ruthless Rossies     8     8-5
2    Craigyhill Nittany Beavers    8    8-5
3    Tramps' picks    7    7-6
4    AZOffaly's Picks    7    7-6
5    MagpieSeanie    7    7-6
6    shre0505    6    6-7
7    Rehab is 4 Quitters    6    6-7
8    Nostradamus Go ND    5    5-8
9    mayo warriors    4    4-9
10    RedBolts MightyOaks    0    0-13
11    Jets    0    0-13

The Iceman

Great work lad on the recaps -you have a bright future ahead of you.
I seriously was unlucky to get some of the results I did - but I'm dusted down and ready to take on the Number 2 guy this week. Will he put up the same numbers? Lets see. Its not about one game - I'll be in the playoffs and then we'll see where we all are.......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

Waivers have been processed. I managed to get Ryan Grant's backup in the Payton Conference, but the same waiver request in the Montana Conference failed because someone else went for him :D

magpie seanie

I was surprised you were able to pick him up AZ. Didn't bother myself as with my waiver position it was a waste of time. That's a great land for you.

GalwayBayBoy

Feckin poxy new waiver system just cost me Brandon Jackson. I was number 1 on the wire when I put in a claim for him (after getting last pick in the draft) only to be dumped to number 14. What a load of shite. >:(

AZOffaly

I'm happy with that alright, but lets see what happens. A few interesting drops today. Anyone interested in picking up Vincent Jackson dropped by Shrek's Ogres? Might be a good pick and hold if he gets traded.

Rossie11

QuoteFeckin poxy new waiver system just cost me Brandon Jackson. I was number 1 on the wire when I put in a claim for him (after getting last pick in the draft) only to be dumped to number 14. What a load of shite.
You did got near 150pts in week 1.. Do you really need him? Forte and hightower will be more productive.. even with all their lost fumbles.