NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

That's true actually. I know the Steelers were a consensus #1 defense pick last year, but of course Troy Polamalu's injury bolloxed them. I think they finished 22nd or something like that.

The Iceman

I am confident enough with the Jets if they get this Revis thing sorted out. They definitely strengthened the team again this year.
yes it is hard to pick a DEF that will remain consistent. Jets still have the same Def coordinator so I'll stick with them.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

turk

Quote from: Lone Shark on September 02, 2010, 09:55:19 AM
Any of the rest of ye do the season pass thing from NFL.com? Did last year and the reception was excellent, but watching it on the laptop wasn't ideal. Still, I'd have no interest in anything else on Sky barring the Heineken Cup, and this way you get the Monday night games as well.

If you want to bet in running, the delay is a bit annoying though. Otherwise it's all good.

How much is it!

AZOffaly

$280? Too saucy for me I'm afraid, especially since I'm paying for Sky (2 games), ESPN AMerica (MNF) and we'll get the SNF game on C4 now. That'll do me.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2010, 07:07:13 PM
$280? Too saucy for me I'm afraid, especially since I'm paying for Sky (2 games), ESPN AMerica (MNF) and we'll get the SNF game on C4 now. That'll do me.

says the man who bought a new notebook and wireless connection for the new season ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2010, 07:07:13 PM

Mother of Moses!!

Lone Shark

That's the thing - I used to pay for Sky, back when they had red button, all three games on a Sunday and plenty of good magazine programming during the week. Now their service has slipped way back and while I like seeing the Heineken Cup, that's really the only other thing I'd look at - and so for me, it's a case of Sky or Season Pass, not both.

Basically I'll be doing one or the other - for now trying to source a TV to link up via HDMI - laptop doesn't really do justice to these things!

declan85

Quote from: Lone Shark on September 03, 2010, 09:28:52 AM
That's the thing - I used to pay for Sky, back when they had red button, all three games on a Sunday and plenty of good magazine programming during the week. Now their service has slipped way back and while I like seeing the Heineken Cup, that's really the only other thing I'd look at - and so for me, it's a case of Sky or Season Pass, not both.

Basically I'll be doing one or the other - for now trying to source a TV to link up via HDMI - laptop doesn't really do justice to these things!

What kind of picture do you get if watching a HD game on a regular TV? Am going to get the game pass for the season and if the picture was ok i could watch it using the PS3...

ceiphas50

what im going doing is, if you upgrade to sky sports now you get three months at half price so ill do that then pay full whack for a month & then ring them up sayin i'm going pulling the plug they usually offer ya a discount to stay on then again(i hope ;D)
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

Lone Shark

Quote from: declan85 on September 03, 2010, 10:04:47 AM

What kind of picture do you get if watching a HD game on a regular TV? Am going to get the game pass for the season and if the picture was ok i could watch it using the PS3...

The picture is fine, as good as if you were getting it through Sky, however you'd need a high def TV to really do it justice. Even on the laptop screen the high def is very noticeable.

magpie seanie

When does your starting team lock for a week? Not convinced as to what I'm going to do about my flex starter and want to know when I'll have to decide by.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 03, 2010, 12:11:14 PM
When does your starting team lock for a week? Not convinced as to what I'm going to do about my flex starter and want to know when I'll have to decide by.

From memory you can change your team right up until kickoff of the first game(s) each weeks which will be this Thursday.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rossie11

You can move players around as long as their game hasnt started.
i.e if you had a WR and RB playing on Monday night you could choose either
for the flex spot providing you have left it free to use.

Capt Pat

Quote from: The Iceman on September 02, 2010, 06:35:05 PM
I am confident enough with the Jets if they get this Revis thing sorted out. They definitely strengthened the team again this year.
yes it is hard to pick a DEF that will remain consistent. Jets still have the same Def coordinator so I'll stick with them.

I picked the saints who were excellent last year because of their turnovers and defensive touchdowns. They might not repeat it but I got Tennessee as the backup plan. They were a top defense the year before, they lost the run of themselves last year but I think they will bounce back.

AZOffaly

News coming through today that Byron Leftwich has a torn MCL from last night. He was going to be the Steelers' starter for whatever time Big Ben was cooling his jets.

That means Dennis Dixon or Charlie Batch will fill in for those 4 or 6 weeks. Bad news for Hines Ward, Mike Wallace and the other Steelers receivers, but possibly good for Rashard Mendenhall and even Mewelde Moore.