NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Capt Pat

That is great news about the channel 4 coverage. A pity they only have one vikings game. They should get it back on rte as well.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 02, 2010, 10:47:43 AM
That is great news about the channel 4 coverage. A pity they only have one vikings game. They should get it back on rte as well.

Bring back Myles Dungan and his dodgy sweaters!

AZOffaly

By the way, I think the Leinhart move would be good for any Larry Fitzgerald owners, but potentially bad for Tim Hightower owners.

Leinhart is afraid to throw INTs at this point, he's like a dog that's been kicked too often. If he was starting, he wouldn't even trust the great Fitz to go up and grab 60-40 balls, so everything becomes a checkdown. He's gotten a name for checking down way too quickly, but that means loads of catches for slot receivers like Earley Doucet or half backs like Tim Hightower.

Anderson wil probably throw 20+ Interceptions this year  ::) but at least he will keep throwing it up for Larry to catch. Of course the ones that are INTs will not be points for Larry, but at least he'll have a chance. In contrast he is slow to check down, and loves throwing down the field. Breaston and Fitzgerald might be happier with this.

Either way, it looks a bit of a mess over in the Desert, and I think the Cards will be lucky to finish 7-9, 8-8 this season. It's the 49ers to throw away.

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2010, 01:28:12 PM
By the way, I think the Leinhart move would be good for any Larry Fitzgerald owners, but potentially bad for Tim Hightower owners.

Leinhart is afraid to throw INTs at this point, he's like a dog that's been kicked too often. If he was starting, he wouldn't even trust the great Fitz to go up and grab 60-40 balls, so everything becomes a checkdown. He's gotten a name for checking down way too quickly, but that means loads of catches for slot receivers like Earley Doucet or half backs like Tim Hightower.

Anderson wil probably throw 20+ Interceptions this year  ::) but at least he will keep throwing it up for Larry to catch. Of course the ones that are INTs will not be points for Larry, but at least he'll have a chance. In contrast he is slow to check down, and loves throwing down the field. Breaston and Fitzgerald might be happier with this.

Either way, it looks a bit of a mess over in the Desert, and I think the Cards will be lucky to finish 7-9, 8-8 this season. It's the 49ers to throw away.

Larry Fitzgerald will also be happy because Anderson gets more zip in his long ball even though he's inaccurate. Leonard had less arm strength and Larry was putting his neck in the line every time he went to catch one of Leinart's high, arching deep balls.

AZOffaly

Correct Mcgrens. Any other Fantasy news to debate in this last week? Be a good way to start the interest burning.

declan85

This may come under fantasy news... Has Revis of the Jets been given a new contract yet? Is he going to play if he doesnt get one?
If hes playing it means 2 weeks in the year when Randy Moss & Brandon Marshall dont score...

AZOffaly

Revis is still holding out, but the signs are that they both want something done. His fine is now at 530k. The Jets want him, but he wants top defensive player money, and the Jets don't want to do that before a possible new CBA for 2011.

At the moment the predictions are that he will not start the season for the Jets, but will be back in harness in about week 3. He's missed an entire pre-season at this stage, and there's only so much you can do working out with a trainer.

you're right though. If he's not there the Jets defence obviously suffers a bit, but if he is, and if he's going at top notch, then Randy Moss, Lee Evans and Brandon Marshall are in for 2 quiet games each this year.

declan85

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2010, 02:21:14 PM
Revis is still holding out, but the signs are that they both want something done. His fine is now at 530k. The Jets want him, but he wants top defensive player money, and the Jets don't want to do that before a possible new CBA for 2011.

At the moment the predictions are that he will not start the season for the Jets, but will be back in harness in about week 3. He's missed an entire pre-season at this stage, and there's only so much you can do working out with a trainer.

you're right though. If he's not there the Jets defence obviously suffers a bit, but if he is, and if he's going at top notch, then Randy Moss, Lee Evans and Brandon Marshall are in for 2 quiet games each this year.

Knew i seen this somewhere. What effect will Revis Island have on your fantasy team...

http://www.sporcle.com/games/nyjet624/revisland

AZOffaly

Scary alright, but if he's missing until September, will he be at that level?

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2010, 02:32:48 PM

Revis not being at full tilt is one of the things that convinced me I was OK drafting both Brady and Welker. I now it's unlikely he would be match up direct with Wes, but it just means that where it wouldve been the 2nd corner it's now the third.

mc_grens

Quote from: mc_grens on September 02, 2010, 03:15:51 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 02, 2010, 02:32:48 PM

Revis not being at full tilt is one of the things that convinced me I was OK drafting both Brady and Welker. I now it's unlikely he would be match up direct with Wes, but it just means that where it wouldve been the 2nd corner it's now the third.

Also, I know I'm being controversial here, but think Nnamdi is better.

magpie seanie

Declan - I've just wasted an hour on that Sporcle website. Thanks a bunch!

The Iceman

AZ its there for the rest of the week then I'll have to see who else is interested.
I've had some bad luck with my auto draft picks and what the computer chose for me.

Sidney Rice out for some time and D Ward out.  Leaves my bench week but still a decent core team, decent def and defense individual D picks.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ceiphas50

Quote from: The Iceman on September 02, 2010, 03:54:34 PM
AZ its there for the rest of the week then I'll have to see who else is interested.
I've had some bad luck with my auto draft picks and what the computer chose for me.

Sidney Rice out for some time and D Ward out.  Leaves my bench week but still a decent core team, decent def and defense individual D picks.

is it possible to know whether anyone has a good defense @ this stage of the year??Because " Did you know that in the last 6 years, only 2 "consistently" projected top 10 FF defenses actually finished in the top ten at the end of the year? Only Chicago & Baltimore a few years back.  There is absolutely no clear cut #1 fantasy defense this year." Discuss
Superbowl V Winner/Champion of the World

declan85

Quote from: ceiphas50 on September 02, 2010, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 02, 2010, 03:54:34 PM

is it possible to know whether anyone has a good defense @ this stage of the year??Because " Did you know that in the last 6 years, only 2 "consistently" projected top 10 FF defenses actually finished in the top ten at the end of the year? Only Chicago & Baltimore a few years back.  There is absolutely no clear cut #1 fantasy defense this year." Discuss

Says a quietly confident Jets fan ;)