NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

yeah, of course. If you don't you'll inherit the Yahoo rankings.

By the way if you don't/can't join, Yahoo will automatically mark you as 'away'. It's only if you join and leave you have to be careful about that.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 26, 2010, 05:30:08 PM
yeah, of course. If you don't you'll inherit the Yahoo rankings.

By the way if you don't/can't join, Yahoo will automatically mark you as 'away'. It's only if you join and leave you have to be careful about that.

Dead on, no I won't be joining at any stage due to the IT policy at work, which stinks.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Iceman

I think Minder we'll end up with Pre Draft rankings a decent enough first few picks and then get smoked on the rest. Will have to play the trading game to build up any kind of team.
Would have enjoyed the live draft but as you say IT policy!!!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

AZOffaly

On a side note, did anyone see 'The Blind Side'? The true story of Michael Oher (Left Tackle for the Baltimore Ravens at the moment - protecting the QB's 'blind side').

Very good movie, I'll be watching him closely this year. Great story.

magpie seanie

Haven't seen it but am looking forward to watching it. Heard the movie chick on Moncrieff's show on Newstalk reviewing it and she said it was good except for all the American Fooball stuff she didn't understand which souinded like a good recommendation to me!

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 27, 2010, 10:16:56 AM
On a side note, did anyone see 'The Blind Side'? The true story of Michael Oher (Left Tackle for the Baltimore Ravens at the moment - protecting the QB's 'blind side').

Very good movie, I'll be watching him closely this year. Great story.

Good player. Thought he played better at RT last year before they had to move him to the left. Bearing in mind all that he had gone through he's certainly the type of player you'd take into the trenches in Pittsburgh or Tennesse with you!

Lone Shark

Very good film, though I was dreading watching it as once I hear the words "true story" and "heartwarming tale" in the same sentence, it's usually lined up to be two horrendous hours. I wouldn't have said that they focussed on the football too much at all, but they managed to make it quite watchable and for the first time ever, I came away thinking Sandra Bullock did a good job.

Minder

As is usually the case, the book kicks the films arse. By all means watch the film but make sure you read the book too.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Overthebar!

AZOffaly

H hour minus 2 for the Payton draft. Try and be there, if you can, 10 minutes beforehand or so, so you can get used to the interface and all.

The Claw

Quote from: Minder on August 27, 2010, 11:19:38 AM
As is usually the case, the book kicks the films arse. By all means watch the film but make sure you read the book too.
Agreed, I really liked Lewis' analysis of how the position of left tackle went from being just another man on the O Line to being one of the most important players on the team because of the evolution of the game from a running league to a passing league.

Thought the film did a decent job of it. Bullock was ok, but not sure the role was really deep enough to win an oscar, seemed pretty similar to her other roles.

Shrek

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 27, 2010, 12:08:57 PM
H hour minus 2 for the Payton draft. Try and be there, if you can, 10 minutes beforehand or so, so you can get used to the interface and all.

I get my lunch from 1 - 2 so should make it, will be closer to 2 if not after though.  can you join in late?

stilll havent a clue what im to do though (which i hope doesnt spoil things for everyone else)

magpie seanie

AZOffaly

Quote from: Shrek on August 27, 2010, 12:32:53 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 27, 2010, 12:08:57 PM

I get my lunch from 1 - 2 so should make it, will be closer to 2 if not after though.  can you join in late?

stilll havent a clue what im to do though (which i hope doesnt spoil things for everyone else)

I think you can join late, but you may miss a pick. There's a 'chat' function there, so we should be able to answer questions. Don't trust any answers that start 'You should draft x here'. :D (especially if you are picking just before me) :)

By the way, I looked at the schedule there. Yahoo have determined that you play each team in your division twice, and two non division games. That seems fair to me, and will lead to more 'grudge' matches during the season.