NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

AZOffaly

For those of you who like to keep an eye on the other leagues, this is the Fixture List for Week 2

Joe Montana Superbowl

Faithful Turfmen ´B´ (1-0) v Shower of Tramps (0-1)
Galway Bay Tribesmen (1-0) v New York Jets V (0-1)
Coolera Bears (1-0) v Mayo Warriors (0-1)
L'Esprit de Biff (1-0) v Ballyhaise Bills (0-1)
Smackdown Clowns (1-0) v hegan's helmets (0-1)

Walter Payton 'B' Championship

Faithful Turfmen (1-0) v Craigyhill Terrors (1-0)
Ruthless Rossies (1-0) v O'Neill's Chargers (0-1)
CAPT PAT's Vikings (0-1) v Revis and Butthead (0-1)
Rehab is 4 Quitters (0-1) v Crossmaglen Hitmen (0-1)
Royal Badgers (1-0) v Red Hand Helmets (1-0)

Jerry Rice 'C' Championship

Faithful Turfmen 'C' (1-0) v Curragh Rams (0-1)
Derry No Clues (1-0) v Savage Bears (1-0)
puppet master (1-0) v Uibh Fhailians (0-1)
Oraisteach´s Browns (1-0) v Superdubs (0-1)
North Antrim Nuggets (0-1) v Big Apple Orchards (0-1)

By the way heganboy, any word on those trophies?

heganboy

trophies- yep- will email you later today- sorry
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

mc_grens

Vincent Jackson owners shouldn't be too worried... Rivers just missed him in a 60 yard bomb on an outside/ inside post route that would've been a sure TD. More often than not they connect on that.

AZOffaly

Quote from: mc_grens on September 15, 2011, 03:46:07 PM
Vincent Jackson owners shouldn't be too worried... Rivers just missed him in a 60 yard bomb on an outside/ inside post route that would've been a sure TD. More often than not they connect on that.

Aye but even if he caught it it would have been 3 catches. I´d expect 5 or 6 per game from him with Rivers throwing.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 15, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Aye but even if he caught it it would have been 3 catches. I´d expect 5 or 6 per game from him with Rivers throwing.

Apparently the Vikings were fixated on stopping Jackson so kept rolling coverage his way. Meanwhile Rivers kept dumping the ball off to Tolbert and Gates instead with Tolbert ending up having a career day because of it.

AZOffaly

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 15, 2011, 03:59:52 PM

Apparently the Vikings were fixated on stopping Jackson so kept rolling coverage his way. Meanwhile Rivers kept dumping the ball off to Tolbert and Gates instead with Tolbert ending up having a career day because of it.

Yep, but that may be a theme is what I´d be afraid of. I suppose if Gates and co can hurt the opposition, then coverage on Jackson might ease a little. It´s great for the Chargers, not great for his owners :)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 15, 2011, 04:12:06 PM

Yep, but that may be a theme is what I´d be afraid of. I suppose if Gates and co can hurt the opposition, then coverage on Jackson might ease a little. It´s great for the Chargers, not great for his owners :)

True although I don't think every team they play is going to play two safeties deep just to try and stop Jackson. All it did was leave huge space for Tolbert and Gates to abuse.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mc_grens

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 15, 2011, 07:15:40 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 15, 2011, 04:12:06 PM

True although I don't think every team they play is going to play two safeties deep just to try and stop Jackson. All it did was leave huge space for Tolbert and Gates to abuse.

You were right. Instead of going over the top with both safeties the Pats used Pat Chung in coverage on Gates. Worked a treat too. VJ ended up with a decent game.

ONeill

Yer boy I'm up against is going to break the 200 as well.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

andoireabu

I know I'll sound like a real rookie but what are the red letters that appear beside some of my players names?  Checked the help topics but can't find it anywhere
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

AZOffaly

O = Out for that week
P = Probable to play that week
Q = Questionable to play that week
D = Doubtful to play that week

IR = He's fooked and on Injured Reserve

All official designations by the way, not made up fantasy stuff. The teams have to submit injury reports every day.

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2011, 06:28:58 PM
O = Out for that week
P = Probable to play that week
Q = Questionable to play that week
D = Doubtful to play that week

IR = He's fooked and on Injured Reserve

All official designations by the way, not made up fantasy stuff. The teams have to submit injury reports every day.

Small point, but not anymore. The teams no longer have to give designations until the Friday. Up until then they only have to give info on what part the player took in practice... E.g.

Did not practice
Was limited in practice

I don't know how yahoo work this during the week now. They could just not update it at all until Friday, or perhaps they make educated guesses. I find Stephania Bell on ESPN.com a good source for keeping abreast with injuries.

The Iceman

So this is my thinking on the 10 man league. Most people have solid teams and the smarter picks from waiver wires and trades dont necessarily have the same impact because people's rosters are already so deep.
I lost Foster and Manning (should be close to 40 points a week) and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Nearly ruined my season. I need a RB but have nothing to trade with......
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

mc_grens

Quote from: The Iceman on September 19, 2011, 07:30:53 PM
So this is my thinking on the 10 man league. Most people have solid teams and the smarter picks from waiver wires and trades dont necessarily have the same impact because people's rosters are already so deep.
I lost Foster and Manning (should be close to 40 points a week) and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. Nearly ruined my season. I need a RB but have nothing to trade with......

You're kinda right... The challenge in a ten man league is that it forces you to make decisions between lads. Like this week I chose Cadillac Williams at flex over Devery Henderson, whereas in say a 16 team league my choice probably wouldve been much simpler, maybe Henderson over Jordan Shipley or Eric Decker.

Also FAO The Claw. Just saw your trade now. I'll have a think.