Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TP Ashe

Seamus Fitzpatrick was eligible to hurl.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on March 14, 2017, 11:14:25 PM
Quote from: Helix on March 14, 2017, 11:12:18 PM
Look what I started  :o In all seriousness, I hope that the transfer process is all above board. Ballinakill would hardly be that stupid to pull such an act if he's not a registered Ballinakill player.
Playing an illegal underage intercounty player in a county league game, with a reporter present? Yeah, I find it unlikely they're that stupid.
Isn't McDonald overage for this year's minor?

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on March 15, 2017, 02:12:35 PM
Look what I started  :o In all seriousness, I hope that the transfer process is all above board. Ballinakill would hardly be that stupid to pull such an act if he's not a registered Ballinakill player.
Playing an illegal underage intercounty player in a county league game, with a reporter present? Yeah, I find it unlikely they're that stupid.
I presume he's still U21

Keyser Söze

There is precedence for when clubs have played county minors etc to lose any points won (Ballinakill didn't win any).

What has been suggested here about McDonald is a lot more serious- whatever age he is!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on March 15, 2017, 03:04:18 PM
I presume he's still U21
Yes. I thought the suggestion was that as a county minor, he couldn't play club football. Don't know if he's a county under 21 panellist in either code?

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on March 15, 2017, 06:47:10 PM
I presume he's still U21
Yes. I thought the suggestion was that as a county minor, he couldn't play club football. Don't know if he's a county under 21 panellist in either code?
I was referring to fact that you could f**k in an illegal lad if no one knew him from adam, but the likes of Lir would stand out.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on March 15, 2017, 09:53:41 PM
Quote from: SCFC on March 15, 2017, 06:47:10 PM
I presume he's still U21
I was referring to fact that you could f**k in an illegal lad if no one knew him from adam, but the likes of Lir would stand out.
Gotcha.

Negan

Quote from: Keyser Söze on March 10, 2017, 09:59:18 PM
Quote from: Negan on March 09, 2017, 09:10:44 PM
It's not in any clubs interest to reply to that article. As we all see it's disgraceful journalism and anyone with a brain in their head will realise that. My sympathies to the child but if what has been said here is true, his father has been very foolish. Says it all that it's come from the news desk at the express and not the sports desk.

I'm not so sure.
"We all see"- I.E. those of us reading an internet forum dedicated to Laois GAA.
Have a look on facebook and see if all of Park Ratheniska's prospective mammies and daddies out there see it the same as we do.
To paraphrase Mr Leavy, Park Ratheniska and all of the clubs surrounding Portlaoise are in a war to attract the young lads to their door and not in Portlaoise.

As well as all of the obvious advantages that Portlaoise enjoy, you now have this story.
Facebook summary of this story is Park Ratheniska & Laois = The Baddies, Portlaoise = The Goodies
Not to give this more oxygen, but I see it appeared on Hogan Stand yesterday. The father is contacting media sites with his 'story'. I wonder will we hear the true story in due course?

burdizzo

Hogan Stand wouldn't have much of an editorial filter.

border

Does anyone know if anyone is appealing their transfer

hurlingmad

Quote from: border on March 20, 2017, 02:44:25 PM
Conor Quinlan is the only one I know on the hurling side

CluainABU

Quote from: hurlingmad on March 22, 2017, 01:07:26 PM
Quote from: border on March 20, 2017, 02:44:25 PM
Conor Quinlan is the only one I know on the hurling side

Was that appeal this evening? Did anyone hear if it was sanctioned?

BobbyBoucherJr

Brian Dalys appeal was rejected, I believe its going to the DRA now.

Don Draper

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on April 07, 2017, 08:42:55 AM
Brian Dalys appeal was rejected, I believe its going to the DRA now.
f**k sake. What a cuntish place we're in where clubs are going to the DRA to take their neighbours players. No wonder this county is fucked.

BallyroanAbbey

Martin Scullys was approved last night, any word on quinlans or foyles