Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingmad

Quote from: clonadmad on January 28, 2017, 10:06:00 AM
I wonder what are the barriers in place to stop Kyle throwing in their lit with Knock and going to hurling in the mid in Tipp?
Kyle players want it as do Knock and last year the mid tipp board agreed that they could use kyle field for home games but kyle chiefs  went to meetings and very few players didnt turn up and the vote didnt go in favor because of the experts that know best

clonadmad

Quote from: hurlingmad on January 28, 2017, 10:28:48 AM
I wonder what are the barriers in place to stop Kyle throwing in their lit with Knock and going to hurling in the mid in Tipp?
Kyle players want it as do Knock and last year the mid tipp board agreed that they could use kyle field for home games but kyle chiefs  went to meetings and very few players didnt turn up and the vote didnt go in favor because of the experts that know best

Well in fairness if the players wanted it that bad,they didn't put in the groundwork to get it over the line,based on what your saying.

hurlingmad

Quote from: clonadmad on January 28, 2017, 10:48:08 AM
Quote from: hurlingmad on January 28, 2017, 10:28:48 AM

Well in fairness if the players wanted it that bad,they didn't put in the groundwork to get it over the line,based on what your saying.
Yes exactly 100%
the attitude of someone else will do it is what is holdig back small clubs and they play the victim too often, B/K didnt poach Quinlan, Camross didnt Poach Gilmartin, they simply wanted to push themselves among their peers because nobody turns up training at their home club

HURLING1

Kyle have lost most of their best players through out the years as previous posters have said 4 or 5 at training.  No perfect answer but Kyle should have been proactive in fighting for some other solution rather than expanding all their energy fighting transfers.

hurlingmad

Quote from: HURLING1 on January 28, 2017, 12:06:58 PM
Kyle have lost most of their best players through out the years as previous posters have said 4 or 5 at training.  No perfect answer but Kyle should have been proactive in fighting for some other solution rather than expanding all their energy fighting transfers.
I totally agree, the way forward for rural clubs is to amalgamate and until lads get that into their head this trend will continue at a fast rate

BlueAlways

Correct hurlingmad, amalgamation is the way forward not this whole "Gaels" scenario which is absolutely ridiculous and will not help develop hurling in the county in any way. Amalgamating the whole way from juvenile to senior (or whatever grade) can help young lads in the juvenile sides identify with the new club set up and help them to play hurling at a higher level than might ever have been possible with their own club, surely this can only be good. Realistically though there will always be people in those clubs who will object to it , you just have to hope that their are enough forward thinking people involved to be able to sit down with each other and come up with a solution that suits both clubs or whatever no. of clubs are involved.

hurlingmad

Quote from: BlueAlways on January 28, 2017, 04:33:35 PM
Correct hurlingmad, amalgamation is the way forward not this whole "Gaels" scenario which is absolutely ridiculous and will not help develop hurling in the county in any way. Amalgamating the whole way from juvenile to senior (or whatever grade) can help young lads in the juvenile sides identify with the new club set up and help them to play hurling at a higher level than might ever have been possible with their own club, surely this can only be good. Realistically though there will always be people in those clubs who will object to it , you just have to hope that their are enough forward thinking people involved to be able to sit down with each other and come up with a solution that suits both clubs or whatever no. of clubs are involved.
I mean these gaels type amalgamations are usually only used in other counties to accomadate Hurlers to senior football and vice versa

Don Draper

Quote from: hurlingmad on January 28, 2017, 03:35:19 PM
I totally agree, the way forward for rural clubs is to amalgamate and until lads get that into their head this trend will continue at a fast rate
The only way for SOME Clubs who are struggling. Please don't try lump all Clubs in with the ones who have 5 lads out Training. There's lads out there and here who'd have had the likes of Rosenallis and Killeshin lumped into amalgamations some 10 years ago.

hurlingmad

Quote from: Don Draper on January 28, 2017, 05:27:58 PM
Quote from: hurlingmad on January 28, 2017, 03:35:19 PM
The only way for SOME Clubs who are struggling. Please don't try lump all Clubs in with the ones who have 5 lads out Training. There's lads out there and here who'd have had the likes of Rosenallis and Killeshin lumped into amalgamations some 10 years ago.

Yes there are exceptions obviously, Rosenallis are a fine example of a club rebuilt, especially the state it was in after the collapse of tinnahinch

independent

When do transfers stop? is there a closing date?

Thanks

hurlingmad

Quote from: independent on January 30, 2017, 09:05:29 PM

Thanks

End of January i think, and any time for inter county club as far as I know, but im not sure if the rule is as loose as that for inter county club transfers

Downtheroad

Quote from: hurlingmad on January 30, 2017, 09:53:59 PM
Quote from: independent on January 30, 2017, 09:05:29 PM

Thanks

End of January i think, and any time for inter county club as far as I know, but im not sure if the rule is as loose as that for inter county club transfers
Inter county club transfers can happen anytime during year. I don't think a player can play championship for two clubs (excluding colleges and area teams) in the same year.

SpeculativeEffort

How does it work with hurling and football? If a player plays in a competition and then transfers he is allowed finish out the competitions he started before the transfer. What if he played 1st round league and cship football with a club and then transferred. Could he play hurling league and championship with new club while also finishing league and cship football with previous club. Not sure who this would apply to but just curious if there is any rule against it?

Don Draper

Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on January 31, 2017, 08:20:26 AM
How does it work with hurling and football? If a player plays in a competition and then transfers he is allowed finish out the competitions he started before the transfer. What if he played 1st round league and cship football with a club and then transferred. Could he play hurling league and championship with new club while also finishing league and cship football with previous club. Not sure who this would apply to but just curious if there is any rule against it?

He can play league and championship for two different clubs at the same time, as was the case with Ballyea forward Niall Deasy who played a Munster final one week in 2016 and a Dublin league final the following for his other club. He transferred to Dublin, and then back before playing championship, but had played league and was eligible to continue playing in that competition.

SpeculativeEffort

Quote from: Don Draper on January 31, 2017, 08:57:29 AM
Quote from: SpeculativeEffort on January 31, 2017, 08:20:26 AM

He can play league and championship for two different clubs at the same time, as was the case with Ballyea forward Niall Deasy who played a Munster final one week in 2016 and a Dublin league final the following for his other club. He transferred to Dublin, and then back before playing championship, but had played league and was eligible to continue playing in that competition.
I knew about Deasy but that doesnt really answer my question. If a player plays football league and cship in home county in April/May and then transfers to a hurling club in different county in june can he play league and cship hurling in new county and finish out football league and cship in previous club in home county?