Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: tcrilly on November 20, 2016, 08:52:54 PM
Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on November 16, 2016, 01:49:30 PM
So far ive heard daly from barrowhouse to joesphs or killen in the football and quinlan from kyle to borris/kilcotton and harnett from mountmellick to ballyfin in the hurling

Yes Quinlan has been telling B/K that he is going to put in a transfer and rumor has it that Kyle are in deep trouble with numbers and geographically where they are they have nobody to join with, other small hurling clubs in laois like slieve bloom were damn near going under a few years ago and pulled it back and Ballinakill are punching above their weight at the moment too

There is a few clubs that you would feel will struggle to keep going in the next few years, trumera, ballypickas, kyle in the hurling kilcavan arles kilcruise, arles killen in the football

tcrilly

There is a few clubs that you would feel will struggle to keep going in the next few years, trumera, ballypickas, kyle in the hurling kilcavan arles kilcruise, arles killen in the football
[/quote]

Yeah I admire Trumera for what they have achieved in the last 20 years, there is only 40 houses in Trumera apparently, I know one or two of them lads and they have a lot of guys the wrong side of 35 now, As for football i would be the worst one to comment on it as I never go to football games, Annoughnough are struggling too as I was talking to one of their players in a taxi home from Kilkenny one night(Random encounters)lol

SCFC

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on November 20, 2016, 09:32:53 PM
Quote from: tcrilly on November 20, 2016, 08:52:54 PM
Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on November 16, 2016, 01:49:30 PM
So far ive heard daly from barrowhouse to joesphs or killen in the football and quinlan from kyle to borris/kilcotton and harnett from mountmellick to ballyfin in the hurling

Yes Quinlan has been telling B/K that he is going to put in a transfer and rumor has it that Kyle are in deep trouble with numbers and geographically where they are they have nobody to join with, other small hurling clubs in laois like slieve bloom were damn near going under a few years ago and pulled it back and Ballinakill are punching above their weight at the moment too

Think Kilcavan will be OK - a few good young lads coming through there in the next few years.
Killeen could be in real bother, they are a very ageing team.

Downtheroad

The link should dispel the annual JoL rumours for at least another year.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=264985

SCFC

Any internal club transfers rumoured yet?

hurlingmad

Quote from: SCFC on January 21, 2017, 06:36:40 PM
Kilcotton man tells me this week that Conor Quinlan has put in a late transfer from ballaghmore and it's not expected to go down well

Bueller

Quote from: SCFC on January 21, 2017, 06:36:40 PM
As explained before, there can be NO Laois transfers because of Portlaoise's actions and the rest of the sheep delegates carry on at the co convention. Laois has no transfer bye law, ergo, no transfers.

Keyser Söze

Ben Conroy to Portlaoise was a rumour in work yesterday!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Helix

Quote from: The Monument Road on January 27, 2017, 01:00:17 PM
Daily updates from Leinster council
http://www.leinstergaa.ie/_fileupload/Transfer%20Schedule%202010-2017.pdf

Do they publish internal transfers on these sites? Don't think I've seen one ever in them spreadsheets online.

It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: Helix on January 27, 2017, 05:46:53 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on January 27, 2017, 01:00:17 PM
Daily updates from Leinster council
http://www.leinstergaa.ie/_fileupload/Transfer%20Schedule%202010-2017.pdf

Do they publish internal transfers on these sites? Don't think I've seen one ever in them spreadsheets online.

No these are just inter county (club) transfers confined to Leinster while gaa.ie usually lists transfers from clubs in different provinces, America, Australasia, Asia etc. Laois gaa usually list internal transfers on their website/local media after the date has passed. I believe it is Tuesday . Could be totally wrong in this. Always have to question players attitudes when they are looking for internal transfers.

TP Ashe

Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 27, 2017, 04:08:07 PM

Cheddar tried. No luck.

Feel bad for Kyle. They fought the fight for many years for players to be allowed stay with their home club and hurl senior as part of a group team...and now Borris/Kilcotton have no interest in risking a shot at a Leinster Championship to accomodate them so they're still fecked. Hard to see a future for them in Laois....

Quinlan's transfer will go through. Everyone knows it.
He'll only improve their Senior A team.

hurlingmad

Quote from: TP Ashe on January 28, 2017, 01:00:40 AM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on January 27, 2017, 04:08:07 PM

Cheddar tried. No luck.

Feel bad for Kyle. They fought the fight for many years for players to be allowed stay with their home club and hurl senior as part of a group team...and now Borris/Kilcotton have no interest in risking a shot at a Leinster Championship to accomodate them so they're still fecked. Hard to see a future for them in Laois....

Quinlan's transfer will go through. Everyone knows it.
He'll only improve their Senior A team.
They ALWAYS lose these battles do Kyle but when you get 4-5 lads turning up to training for Junior, what is there to keep an ambitious hurler, as for Conroy, I would question why he would want to leave Slieve Bloom as they are now a full intermediate outfit with plenty of young hurlers, Brendan Cummins, Shane McGrath, Nicky English are just some Tipp names I can think of that never played senior club hurling

clonadmad

I wonder what are the barriers in place to stop Kyle throwing in their lit with Knock and going to hurling in the mid in Tipp?