Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfclg

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 09, 2020, 11:19:32 AM
lol yeah i was expecting it to be tougher for the dual clubs now and they wont want group games to be done.

I prefer the knock out system as theres no dead rubber games and theres more intensity to the games.

by the chat ive heard is that we will get some league games played off prior to the championship in both codes.

If that's true and we get some league action then straight knockout is grand. However if there's no league games then group games in all cships before semi finals is a must in my opinion. There won't be dead rubber games as we haven't had any games!!!

imtommygunn

89 semi final on tg4 at 230 today. I'm recording it and never deleting it ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 14, 2020, 09:51:56 AM

Just in case it gets a ban for mentioning Sambo?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 14, 2020, 09:51:56 AM

It gets better every time.

NAG1

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 04, 2020, 04:22:01 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 04, 2020, 03:36:57 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 04, 2020, 02:28:01 PM
How do we think we will be ready for Cul Camps, this is amazing me no end.

We can't play under age games small sided numbers, but yet we can stick 100's of them together for hours at a time.

Just make literally no sense to me. Granted it will depend on the science at the time, but what is the mad panic for these camps when everything else has been postponed for so long.

am i missing something?

think their idea was only 100 wains at it but how can you control that and limit the no down for some clubs who have over 200 at them.

the camps are not going to be imposed on clubs, rather its their choice if they want to take it on. again these sorts of things are depanded on what things are like and what parents want to do.

If schools cant/wont take kids back. How or why are you going to organsie a Cul Camp?

Still curious on this one lads, has there been any chat in clubs about these Cul Camps going ahead?

Na Glinntí Glasa

from what ive heard is that Antrim are still leaving it up to the clubs to decide if they want to run it. it will only be 100 children allowed to attend with things like each helper is assigned 6 kids and they arent allowed to change from them etc.

it all sounds pointless and not worth the hassle imo and i know in our club we arent wanting to run it and wont be if offered.
hurl like f**k boi!

delgany

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 17, 2020, 12:59:05 PM
from what ive heard is that Antrim are still leaving it up to the clubs to decide if they want to run it. it will only be 100 children allowed to attend with things like each helper is assigned 6 kids and they arent allowed to change from them etc.

it all sounds pointless and not worth the hassle imo and i know in our club we arent wanting to run it and wont be if offered.

I heard that they will operate two regional camps due to no of coaches available ,over the five weeks

Na Glinntí Glasa

im very sceptical of bringing any underage games back again. i wouldn't be alone in our club in not wanting to play any underage this summer at all to be honest.

Theres alot of this will be put back onto parents as well if they do bring back underage. For instance if a child is coming to training they must be dropped off at the session and collected by the parent themselves. they cant say ride their bike up on their own. the parents have the responsibility for ensuring that their child's health is in order prior to them coming back to training.

The covid officer for each panel cant take training, they are responsible for making sure that everything is kept in order during training and that no one is messing around or breaking the rules.they then need to take and clean all the equipment after the session and take it all home, nothing can be stored at the club ground.

Parents have a lot of responsibility and so will each set of mentors for each panel - add to that trying to control a bunch of kids and telling them to not mess around or have fun as they usually would do at training.  Its why id be against underage coming back in Antrim atm, theres just too much of a risk to a club and individuals involved in taking teams.

Adults you can control easier and they are responsible for their own actions
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Coronavirus aside, has anyone looked at the championship draws and looked at the variations or scenarios that may happen for dual players/clubs?

You could play and senior championship quarterfinal on a Saturday and Another on the Sunday in a different code!

Now I'm all for getting the games back, I also can't wait to be involved in games but, if there's no club championship at the end of the season why are we condensing it?

I'm all for straight knockout competition, it doesn't allow for the best teams to have a bad day, there's no back door so it's he'll for leather the whole way!  Plus it reduces games!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Ernesto

DR - you are clearly a thinking man with a firm grasp on the realities of running a club. Points made all valid and proportionate. County line appears to be that they will run competitions u16 and above, and it's over to the Divisional Boards to decide what to do with u14 down.

MR2 - again, sharp observation. The schedule will be cruel on dual players and their clubs, and particularly harsh on those with aspirations at senior championship level. There is added complexity where clubs are playing at different grades in each code. Using two dual senior clubs, St Galls and St John's, as an example, the schedule looks like this -

St Johns     St Galls
Fri   31-Jul    SFC   
Sun   02-Aug    SFC              SFC
Wed 05-Aug                              SFC
Sun   09-Aug    SHC              SHC
Wed 12-Aug    SFC   
Sun   16-Aug    SHC              SHC
Wed 19-Aug    SFC              SFC
Sun   23-Aug    SHC              SHC
Wed 26-Aug                         SFC

Sat   29-Aug   SHC QF              SHC QF
Sun   30-Aug   SFC QF              SFC QF
Sat   05-Sep   SFC SF              SFC SF
Sun   06-Sep   SHC SF              SHC SF

Sun   13-Sep   SHC F               SHC F

Sat   19-Sep   Hurl League        Hurl League
Sun   20-Sep   SFC F               SFC F

bannside

On paper that looks harsh alright but what's the answer? That might be a harder problem to solve, because even in a normal year there is serious congestion. It's almost getting to the stage where dual players need to decide themselves if it's in their best welfare to strip out and play depending on their own circumstances.

There is no easy answer. Drag the calendar out a bit longer to give dual players more time to recover will make it impossible to fulfil club and inter county competitions. What if those dual players are county players as well. Where do you draw the line?

Milltown Row2

Where are we dragging it too? Like I said in my post , there's no club championship this season after club finals are completed

Na Glinntí Glasa

the dual club players are going to get an awful battering this next month or so!

Friday 31st of July away to Sarsfields in the football then on the sunday at home to Davitts. 1 day rest. Wednesday 5th Aug away to Moneyglass then that Sunday home to Ballycastle in the hurling on the 9th.
Wed 12th home to Glenravel then away to Rossa on the Sunday.

6 games in 2 and a bit weeks is a hell of an ask for lads who might be playing both. truth be told the hurling will be more of a priority than the football for us.

But, with the GAA potentially to announce this weekend that contact training can start on the 29th of June, a month earlier, the games could be brought forward a bit - maybe.

Ultimately its the same for all the clubs in the county and it is a one off situation so we will have to work our way through it.
hurl like f**k boi!

delgany

Would it not have worked with
Hurling Leagues followed by Hurling Championship .
Football Championship followed by football league .
Suits dual clubs and respective county teams campaigns.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 20, 2020, 02:50:42 PM
the dual club players are going to get an awful battering this next month or so!

Friday 31st of July away to Sarsfields in the football then on the sunday at home to Davitts. 1 day rest. Wednesday 5th Aug away to Moneyglass then that Sunday home to Ballycastle in the hurling on the 9th.
Wed 12th home to Glenravel then away to Rossa on the Sunday.

6 games in 2 and a bit weeks is a hell of an ask for lads who might be playing both. truth be told the hurling will be more of a priority than the football for us.

But, with the GAA potentially to announce this weekend that contact training can start on the 29th of June, a month earlier, the games could be brought forward a bit - maybe.

Ultimately its the same for all the clubs in the county and it is a one off situation so we will have to work our way through it.
Professional athletes who do this for a living over in the premier league are dropping like flies already. The schedule for the single code player is mad never mind the dual code player. Games will be interesting if anything