Row in Newry?

Started by cville, October 05, 2009, 07:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cville

Anyone know what this is about on the news?

red hander

Hear it involved bunch of foreign nationals beating shite outta each other on Dublin Road and apparently a gun was recovered too

Dubh driocht

Our ma wans fighting over Paddy's selection

Aaron Boone

BBC still haven't updated from the "ongoing public order situation".

Cúig huaire

9 foreigners arrested, 1 suspected firearm recovered. I think the road is still closed.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

Orior

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 05, 2009, 10:07:05 PM
9 foreigners arrested, 1 suspected firearm recovered. I think the road is still closed.

Bitter sweet. Does this give our own warring factions something else to talk about?

(Hey 5 huaire, your message footer is very naughty.)
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Cúig huaire

Quote from: Orior on October 05, 2009, 10:16:58 PM

Yours is naughty, mine is true.  ;)

I was at a funeral in Newry this evening which got held up on the Dublin Rd. After about an hour the police decided to let the funeral through so I got to see some of what was going on. There were a lot of police in forensic suits and they had a few guys handcuffed on the ground. The looked like foreign nationals from where I was sitting and they were also taking away a few cars. Maybe they were dissident foreigners, which would suit everyone.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

cville

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 05, 2009, 10:22:46 PM
Quote from: Orior on October 05, 2009, 10:16:58 PM

Yours is naughty, mine is true.  ;)

I was at a funeral in Newry this evening which got held up on the Dublin Rd. After about an hour the police decided to let the funeral through so I got to see some of what was going on. There were a lot of police in forensic suits and they had a few guys handcuffed on the ground. The looked like foreign nationals from where I was sitting and they were also taking away a few cars. Maybe they were dissident foreigners, which would suit everyone.

Thanks for the clarification - foreign nationals - thank God it wasn't ordinary people at it. Newry really has a problem with outsiders. I drove through it last week and the number of people dressed in 1980s tracksuits begging for money was unreal! The trouble was expected given the number of blow-ins on the streets.

orangeman

nifan

QuoteMr Bradley said he believed most of the men live in the Republic of Ireland.

Foreign nationals - jaysus some of you lads are more partitionist than i thought ;)

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

why does a row in Newry have to get any more attention than a row anywhere else. There are rows in Limerick and Dublin every day of the week and no one has to start a thread about it. Pain in the hole are ye Nordies
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC

haranguerer

Thats cos both those places are complete s**tholes and noone expects anything different...  ;)

Orior

Quote from: WeAreBlueWeAreWhite on October 06, 2009, 09:57:53 AM
why does a row in Newry have to get any more attention than a row anywhere else. There are rows in Limerick and Dublin every day of the week and no one has to start a thread about it. Pain in the hole are ye Nordies

Is that why you have a hole where the Nordies should be?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

WeAreBlueWeAreWhite

You are funny Orior :) I like you!
AND A BOTTLE OF RITZ FOR ME LAC