Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

The board not covering themselves in glory today. Again.

Armagh18

Angelo

The Andy Walker thing is it?

I'd gladly ban that rat from Celtic Park but the grounds on which they did are very spurious.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

STREET FIGHTER

Removal of Palestinian flags....

JimStynes

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on May 12, 2021, 08:45:32 PM

I have never felt it was right to have Palestine flags etc in the ground. I would just rather Celtic kept to the football end of things and not get involved in anything political. Celtic could do with just focusing on football as there is a hell of a lot of work to do.

Angelo

Did they remove them?

Shameful.

How did the GB get in there in the first place?

Pathetic stuff from Celtic again. No problem appointing a war criminal to the board

Armagh18

Quote from: JimStynes on May 12, 2021, 09:04:24 PM

I have never felt it was right to have Palestine flags etc in the ground. I would just rather Celtic kept to the football end of things and not get involved in anything political. Celtic could do with just focusing on football as there is a hell of a lot of work to do.
Your last sentence is very true, loads to do....

SHEEDY

Quote from: Angelo on May 12, 2021, 09:09:19 PM

Did they remove them?

Shameful.

How did the GB get in there in the first place?

Pathetic stuff from Celtic again. No problem appointing a war criminal to the board
a selection of fans from different fan groups were allowed into celtic park to put up their own flags in tribute to Scott brown. As well as Scott brown tributes some Palestinian flags were put up. The club later removed these flags.
nil satis nisi optimum

tonto1888

I disagree with this. Look at our history. Celtic get involved in things when it suits them.
What I want to know is why they said in their statement that it was clearly unacceptable

tonto1888

They have just tweeted this morning about Eid Mubarak for all Celtic fans celebrating. You genuinely could not make this up

JimStynes

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 13, 2021, 10:44:53 AM

I disagree with this. Look at our history. Celtic get involved in things when it suits them.
What I want to know is why they said in their statement that it was clearly unacceptable

I don't want politics and sport to mix but I am well aware it does at times. I always feel that it's going to end up in someone saying something or doing something that causes a headline. And some of the things that the Green Brigade do cringes me out. I do think though that if clubs and leagues are going to get involved with the likes of the Black Lives protest then it is ridiculous that they're not saying nothing about Palestine.

general_lee

It's a joke how how opposing the siege on Gaza, the apartheid regime, the war crimes and humanitarian crisis in the world's biggest open air prison is somehow controversial.

trailer

Quote from: general_lee on May 13, 2021, 12:21:40 PM
It's a joke how how opposing the siege on Gaza, the apartheid regime, the war crimes and humanitarian crisis in the world's biggest open air prison is somehow controversial.

Celtic don't even stand up against Sectarianism in Scotland ffs. Hard to see them taking a stand on an issue thousands of miles away. The Green Brigade would be better focusing on that.

Angelo

More reports emenating that Howe is a done deal yet no sign of any official confirmation in the near term.

I really, really hope that work is currently ongoing behind the scenes as the rebuild job is colossal.

I see a debut was given to 18 yr old left back Adam Montgomery last night.

Dembele was also on the scoresheet.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on May 13, 2021, 01:37:46 PM
More reports emenating that Howe is a done deal yet no sign of any official confirmation in the near term.

I really, really hope that work is currently ongoing behind the scenes as the rebuild job is colossal.

I see a debut was given to 18 yr old left back Adam Montgomery last night.

Dembele was also on the scoresheet.

Is Dembele not gone?