The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 23, 2017, 12:56:24 PM
Question. 

Will Celtic and Liverpool be at the same stage in CL i.e. will they have the same number of Qualifying games to play to get to the group stages of the CL?

Naw naw, Celtic will start 2/3 qualifying rounds before Liverpool mid July ( I think!) Liverpool will have 1 tie to make it to the group stages

J70

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 23, 2017, 01:19:41 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_UEFA_Champions_League

Going by that, the Premier League teams better get their shit together soon, or that fourth place spot could be heading back to Italy.

The Stallion

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 23, 2017, 12:56:24 PM
Question. 

Will Celtic and Liverpool be at the same stage in CL i.e. will they have the same number of Qualifying games to play to get to the group stages of the CL?

Be interesting to see who progresses furthest.

Might help answer/prove Stallion's point about Klopp.

Not sure how Celtic's progress has any bearing on Klopp's lack of managerial ability. He's not a good manager regardless of how Celtic do.

The Stallion

I'd rsther leave the position vacant than have Klopp in charge.

Flattered that so many of my fellow Liverpool supporters value my opinion on this matter so highly.

Fuzzman

Just looking through players wages and it's crazy what some players are on.
Sturridge is on £120K and Benteke was on £140K whilst Origi who is only 22 now is only on £15K a week.

http://sillyseason.com/salary/liverpool-players-salaries-69073/

A lot of talk that a lot of the Spurs players are not happy with their wages now as well. Lloris is their top earner on £120K I think. Sissoko was on £95K despite hardly playing all season.

supersub

Quote from: gawa316 on May 22, 2017, 06:13:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 22, 2017, 05:18:55 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 22, 2017, 05:12:50 PM
Big summer of business on the transfer front is needed.

The likes of Moreno, Sakho, Stewart, Flanno, Wisdom and a few other young un's will be out the door, quite possibly with Sturridge and Lucas also. With a threadbare squad already, you'd be expecting a minimum of 6 players to come in...a LB, CB, DMC, pacy winger and CF. Names doing the rounds are Sessegnon, Robertson, VVD, Keita, Brandt, Salah, Werner...some good players there but there was a similar list drawn up this time last year with the likes of Gotze, Zielinski, Chilwell etc and we didn't sign any of them...the transfers of Mane, Gini etc all came out of the blue.

Hopefully Klopp gets the business done early so the squad can hit the ground running for preseason.

The perpetual loanees, Sahko, Moreno, Stewart and Lucas will be out the door for sure.

I'd expect Sturridge too, unless he can somehow prove the issues of the past three years are over.

Sessegnon has literally just turned 17. May be very promising prospect, but surely they'll need a more senior left back also?

What about all these kids? Will Woodburn and Alexander-Arnold and the likes be expected to make a breakthrough? Any others? Ojo had a lot of injury issues - is it too late for him?

I think Milner has does well at LB and see no major reason to go and spunk 30 odd mil on a new one, if we bring in that young lad as a deputy I'd be happy enough.

TTA will definitely get game time next season, natural successor to Clyne. Woodburn I like, he might get a loan out depending on who comes in but it needs to be to the right club...too many times recently we've loaned players out and they barely get a kick

Milner does do well as a left back, but we need a left back to do that job. Milner playing there further weakens our hand in midfield when there are injuries, suspensions etc. He could easily slot into he cm birth and do a job. The other thing is, as good and as consistent as he is, he shouldn't be starting every week. Yes at lb, but not in midfield. He didn't always start for city in his prime, and that is where Liverpool need to get to - have a squad that has players as good or better on the bench depending on the games. At the moment you could predict the line up every week and the bench inspires little confidence.

The Stallion

Milner was a poor midfielder and he's a poor left back. Nothing but a workhorse with no pace. Shouldn't be anywhere near the side.

dec

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 23, 2017, 09:10:10 PM
So who would you have as Liverpool boss who might sort out this situation?

You don't really understand trolls, do you?

J70

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 23, 2017, 09:10:10 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on May 23, 2017, 09:06:29 PM
Milner was a poor midfielder and he's a poor left back. Nothing but a workhorse with no pace. Shouldn't be anywhere near the side.

So who would you have as Liverpool boss who might sort out this situation?

Let it go! He has no answer.

Armamike

Guys, stop feeding the troll by asking him sensible questions and quoting him.  He's only got one stock answer which is Klopp and the players are shite blah blah blah.  He doesn't stray from the mantra and he doesn't have any other contribution to make on LFC. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

The Stallion

Feeding the troll?  I'm not the one repeatedly asking a question which has already been answered.

Armamike

Well that was a waste of time  :-\
That's just, like your opinion man.

quit yo jibbajabba

Ffs! Dont feed the trolls. Then it fcukin continues. Dunno whos worse lads

I get the beauty o seein this shite on the derry thread too

The Stallion

I've still yet to hear anyone give me a sensible answer explaining what it is that bothers them about my posts so much that they feel the need to label me a troll, insult me,  fabricate lies about me, and generally be quite rude to me.

It seems to boil down to the fact I hold a different opinion about Klopp than they do.  But surely there must be more to it than that?