Scór

Started by Eamonnca1, August 02, 2017, 06:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

In fairness it does drag on a bit. Some strange rules. There's ceili dancing and set dancing (I think) one involves 2 dances and the other just one dance. Why the difference? Surely one dance would do. I think the singing is the same , solo singing one song, ballad singing 2 songs.It needs tightened up but it's a great way of giving those who aren't sports orientated an opportunity to represent their club in competition. To be honest I couldn't envisage a situation where a club couldn't field a team because of Scor commitments.
Careful now

Sportacus

It has been fantastic for my club, loads of people involved who wouldn't be only for it. The kids love it.  Like all competitions, the further you progress the bigger and better it gets.  I've been to a few Ulster and All Ireland Finals and they are great occasions with superb talent on show and new friends made from other counties.  The early rounds are lower key but it's no different to any other competition in that respect.  Any club not participating is missing out.  And yes it does help promote our language, music, dancing, literature etc, which is a good thing in my opinion.