Mickey Moran at Creggan

Started by SlimShady, November 10, 2006, 09:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlimShady

What was Moran thinking? Creggan aren't a hugely rich club and I'm sure they aren't offering huge sums of money-money he could have got from many other clubs about the Country!

I reckon either

a/ the wife has put the foot down and made him take charge of the club she grew up with.

or

b/ Mickey actually thinks he's taking the reigns at Cargin and is just a wee bit dim when it comes to spelling!

Either way, he has his work cut out but fair play to Creggan for landing him.

Guillem2

Is that really you Slim or your man messing with your password again?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

aontroim

McKeague's probably backing him to the hilt on expenses ;)  The man has more connections than an Eircom Switchboard

SlimShady

No, its me. Managed to pick a password that won't be easil guessed this time!!

I've been outed, its no big deal to me but the Gs Man seems to think he's Columbo!!!  ;D

aontroim

Mickey Moran to manage top Antrim club side
10 November 2006

The former Mayo, Derry, Donegal and Sligo team-manager Mickey Moran is to take over the managerial reins at Antrim Division One side, Creggan Kickhams next season.

Derry-born Moran one of the top GAA coaches in the country, guided Mayo to the All-Ireland SFC final against Kerry this season in which they lost to the Kingdom, and has also had outstanding success at club and inter-county levels over the years in various counties. He hopes to combine the post of Creggan Kickhams team-manager with his duties as manager of the University of Ulster, Jordanstown Sigerson Cup side.

Creggan Kickhams players and officials are delighted that Moran will be involved in a managerial role with them next season.

(From Hoganstand.com and therefore the Irish News first )

STALWART

Could be wrong but i hear Ronan Rocks and his uncle Colm who was the mastermind behind Loup's underage success were in for this job as well?????

OkeyDoke

i wonder is MM taking Beffer with him, get the skip out lads

Lar Naparka

Good luck to Mickey; many in Mayo were downright sorry to see him leave; especially the way in which he left.
He seems to be a very nice and sincere type of guy and the club that gets him can be sure of 100% committment from him.
Any word on Beefer; are the pair o fthem working together?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Spiritof98

Beefer apparently taking a year out. From a close source Believe it or not but he was offered the Carlow job but turned it down due to the travelling.
I'll go back if Marsdens back