GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Liam O'Neill said to have said on RaidiĆ³ na Gaeltachta today that the Intercounty championship should not go ahead.
So enjoy the games tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

I think he was saying that some time last week too.
I suspect we'll be doing well if we see the NFL finished while the "Championship" is likely a goner at this stage.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hoof Hearted

Irish league starting in less than an hour in coleraine 400 fans allowed in
Now they're not allowed but some are in already
Good luck removing them boys
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

dublin7

According to the GPA survey 52% of players want the championship to go ahead. 24% against it and another 24% in favour but want better Covid-19 restrictions.

Hardly a ringing endorsement from the players of the GAA's policies

Milltown Row2

So if restrictions are better that's 76% willing to give it a go
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dublin7

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2020, 08:25:29 PM

Not just restrictions though. Testing, transport to games for example have to be an issue

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dublin7 on October 16, 2020, 08:27:16 PM

Not just restrictions though. Testing, transport to games for example have to be an issue

You said better restrictions in your initial post, so I didn't expect it to be just temp checks.

If there's testing then that's great, if all good to go transport shouldn't be a problem?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

So Bernard Brogan reckons IC players should be in a hotel for a month in a NBA type bubble  :-\
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

I was reading that. Hasn't really covered himself in glory during this pandemic has Bernard.

Saffrongael

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 16, 2020, 09:11:01 PM
I was reading that. Hasn't really covered himself in glory during this pandemic has Bernard.

Seems successful off the pitch but also tone deaf and thick at the same time
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

dublin7

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2020, 08:37:36 PM

You said better restrictions in your initial post, so I didn't expect it to be just temp checks.

If there's testing then that's great, if all good to go transport shouldn't be a problem?

Ah lad come on. It's not just one or two things thing. I only listed a couple of examples. There's bound to be other issues. What happens if a players test positive at county and misses work does he get paid? Will GAA offer compensation? I doubt there's an easy quick fix. The GAA seem to have the attitude get the games played and it'll all be grand.

With all the Covid issues around both the Galway and Kerry U20 teams this week it's amazing that the game is going ahead tomorrow

sid waddell

Bernard is a business guy with a corporate mindset and that's the way he carries himself in all aspects of his life

It's why he never attained the folk hero status that Dermo did

armaghniac

Quote from: dublin7 on October 16, 2020, 09:13:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2020, 08:37:36 PM

Ah lad come on. It's not just one or two things thing. I only listed a couple of examples. There's bound to be other issues. What happens if a players test positive at county and misses work does he get paid? Will GAA offer compensation? I doubt there's an easy quick fix. The GAA seem to have the attitude get the games played and it'll all be grand.

With all the Covid issues around both the Galway and Kerry U20 teams this week it's amazing that the game is going ahead tomorrow

If someone shows up at a GAA training or game and is positive, then it is most likely that they got it at work. They can claim the government payment like everyone else. If there was any real evidence of cluster of infection at a GAA event then perhaps a different view might be taken.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

I think Dublin7 has a different agenda, the fear of Dublin losing ;)

But in all seriousness, next year, some one catches Covid we'll just stop the games again, the year after someone catches it again we'll close it down again..

Or this ones good, someone catches it, he quarantines and everyone else gets tested, all good, then games goes ahead. Not perfect but binning the championship till we get a miracle is not the answer

FermGael

Leitrim unable to field against Down
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered