GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Antrim camogie team have been ordered to play their game in Monaghan, giving up home advantage against Carlow.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Cunny Funt

Hound

Main Street

Conor McKenna  remarks
" I think there's talk of getting tested this week before the championship but protocols are in place and they are working so far. I've no symptoms at the moment so don't see the point (in being tested). We are just going off what the doctor and GAA are saying and the protocols in place and if they say we need tested we'll get tested."

The Tyrone  interpretation of the GAA protocol is to get tested only if the player has symptoms?  Is this the GAA protocol?

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on October 27, 2020, 06:16:23 PM
Conor McKenna  remarks
" I think there's talk of getting tested this week before the championship but protocols are in place and they are working so far. I've no symptoms at the moment so don't see the point (in being tested). We are just going off what the doctor and GAA are saying and the protocols in place and if they say we need tested we'll get tested."

The Tyrone  interpretation of the GAA protocol is to get tested only if the player has symptoms?  Is this the GAA protocol?

Bizarrely, it was the GAA protocol, but the GPA "deal" last week may have changed this.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Talk about skating on thin ice. No wonder so many players wanted more serious procedures to be implemented.

imtommygunn

You can get tests if you ask for them though :( Hasn't been handled well.

the goal was on

Pretty obvious Tyrone want to avoid tests at all costs. Why would they take the chance 3/4 players come back positive assymtomatic . I thought the most sensible thing to do would be to test all the players. That doesn't help get results though and u can see why some teams will avoid the testing. Quite the opposite in pro sport where tests are seen as mandatory to allow the games to go ahead. I see Derry city have had to isolate the whole team and staff for 14 days.

Baile Brigín 2

Dungarvin stripped of JFC title

The Trap

Not the only team who played a player in a final who should have been isolating....

LCohen

Quote from: The Trap on October 27, 2020, 11:31:28 PM
Not the only team who played a player in a final who should have been isolating....

A pointless post unless you are going to name names

Milltown Row2

I'd say a lot of clubs had players, whom unwittingly played that may have been expected to isolate had they known, the very nature of this virus means that many didn't have symptoms and therefore played, also a lot may not have owned up to friends or teammates.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 27, 2020, 11:56:39 PM
I'd say a lot of clubs had players, whom unwittingly played that may have been expected to isolate had they known, the very nature of this virus means that many didn't have symptoms and therefore played, also a lot may not have owned up to friends or teammates.

But they knew full well and made a decision at committee level to risk it.

balladmaker

With Covid being widespread and most likely much greater than the current limited testing suggests, I reckon most county panels will have +ve cases at any given time.  If Tyrone, as just a current example, had the whole panel tested now, they wouldn't be playing Donegal on Sunday.