The National Anthem

Started by 4father, October 03, 2011, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

"Take it down from the mast Irish traitors"

Slaughter the filthy West-Brit un-Irish traitor population of the Republic, kill them all and purify, especially the Free State babies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIjr6LRfIv4&feature=related
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

4father

4father

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 04, 2011, 06:00:01 AM

Slaughter the filthy West-Brit un-Irish traitor population of the Republic, kill them all and purify, especially the Free State babies.

I know what you are trying to do here MGHU. One word Pathetic.
In fairness to the song (and i never liked this song), its not a reference to all people living in the 26 counties. Its a reference to partitionists like yourself, the blueshirts, to Dev etc who hung Irish Republicans hence the line 'your hands with the blood are still gorey from doing thee work of the foe

sans pessimism

Quote from: 4father on October 04, 2011, 08:14:05 AM

In fairness to the song (and i never liked this song), its not a reference to all people living in the 26 counties. Its a reference to partitionists like yourself, the blueshirts, to Dev etc who hung Irish Republicans hence the line 'your hands with the blood are still gorey from doing thee work of the foe
U sad 4father
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

AZOffaly

Quote from: ballinaman on October 03, 2011, 10:37:50 PM
I make a point of singing Amhrán na bhfiann as loud as i can during Irelands Call before games in landsdowne.

Why would you do that? They play Amhrán na bhFiann as well. Or do you sing it twice? :D

4father

Quote from: sans pessimism on October 04, 2011, 11:02:42 AM

U sad 4father

Good analysis there  Sherlock. Care to explain why?

Hardy

Jayz, why pick on the yellabellies?

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 04, 2011, 12:25:13 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 03, 2011, 10:37:50 PM
I make a point of singing Amhrán na bhfiann as loud as i can during Irelands Call before games in landsdowne.

Why would you do that? They play Amhrán na bhFiann as well. Or do you sing it twice? :D
Sing it twice with the lads I go to the match with....get some quare looks off the people who can only sing Irelands Call... :D

Hardy

Do you do this specifically to insult the players and the section of supporters for whom this anthem was devised and how would you react if they were bawling out Ireland's Call while the National Anthem was being played?

ballinaman

Quote from: Hardy on October 04, 2011, 02:27:46 PM
Do you do this specifically to insult the players and the section of supporters for whom this anthem was devised and how would you react if they were bawling out Ireland's Call while the National Anthem was being played?
I don't do it to insult anyone, just like to voice my opposition to Irelands call as an anthem. If someone wished to do the reverse I would respect their right to do so.

Nally Stand

:D Im sure the players are listening intently to hear what Ballinaman sings!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Hardy

Two in a row! Is this a new leaf?

(By the way, I could insult, say, Martin McGuinness here without his ever knowing about it.)

That was just to ease your cold turkey.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Hardy on October 04, 2011, 05:47:24 PM
Two in a row! Is this a new leaf?

(By the way, I could insult, say, Martin McGuinness here without his ever knowing about it.)

That was just to ease your cold turkey.

More than two in a row useless contributions from your good self sir. Tremendous dedication to chatting shite. Maith thú.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

michaelg

Quote from: ballinaman on October 04, 2011, 03:09:16 PM
I don't do it to insult anyone, just like to voice my opposition to Irelands call as an anthem. If someone wished to do the reverse I would respect their right to do so.
Absolute shite - You would be up in arms
Incidentally, do people look at you as if you are a bit touched when you are doing this?