The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

There was a World Cup on, relatively little business has been done so far..

TabClear

Quote from: cadhlancian on July 12, 2018, 04:50:53 PM
Regardless of the World Cup and pre season games, Klopps failure to get a keeper is bizarre. He isn't Karius's dad ffs! I'm all for giving a lad a second chance, but I've a feeling this one will cost him his job. Is Mignolet going to be the starter now? Crazy that they haven't addressed this. f**king crazy...

Agreed. This is not about second chances, as far as I am concerned the lad just is not good enough. He was competent at the end of last season pre Athens, nothing more. Compare that to how many points did De Gea gain for United last season? That's what Liverpool need. The thing I struggle with is that its the same as the VVD situation, it was obvious that Klopp needed a dominant centre half and he went and broke the bank to get one and it made a huge difference. This should be the same.

The only thing at the back of my mind is that the Courtois situation at Chelsea means that at least one top class keeper is looking for a new home. Bar Liverpool, most of the clubs who could afford him are already well catered for. When he moves, that could kick off  a knock on effect that could free up Keylor Navas for example, especially if Allison is also in the mix. Hopefully Klopp is waiting until this happens.

Over the Bar

Quote from: laoislad on July 12, 2018, 11:49:16 AM
Quote from: Hound on July 12, 2018, 11:23:19 AM
Quote from: laoislad on July 12, 2018, 09:44:29 AM
Quote from: TabClear on July 12, 2018, 08:54:09 AM
https://www.balls.ie/football/dejan-lovren-best-defender-world-392662

Easy Dejan, too many reads of Nicola Bendtner's book by the sound of it!! ;D ;D

To be fair to him he has had a great tournament and if he could transfer this form to Liverpool him and VVD would be a serious partnership. Still too prone to catastrophic errors though
In fairness Lovern has been pretty solid since the Spurs game at Wembley. He was excellent also in the Champions League final and has had a excellent World Cup so far.
Yes there is definitely always a fear with him he is always moments away from a ridiculous error but credit where credit is due, he has been in great form recently.
I wonder how much did his personal problems affect him on the pitch.
He did play great in the CL final, but still wouldnt trust him.
He was poor last night in the first half, couldnt handle Sterling and it affected other parts of his game. For the second half and ET though, he did play very well. Perhaps helped by England not giving the ball to Sterling anymore and then taking him off!
What problems does/did he have?

His wife had an affair I think and wasn't his home robbed one night while his wife and kids were at home.

Possibly more to do with his much better publicised drug-abuse?

Milltown Row2

Can a bit harsh on Liverpool (if quoted correctly)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Shaqiri having medical tomorrow apparently. £13.75m fee agreed.

heganboy

I think that will be a good signing.

Dybsla would be good too, but I don't see it.

Lovren has sealed his place too.

Keeper? Danny Ward looks like the starter now. I'm not sure that wins the premier league...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

blewuporstuffed

I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Pope from Burnley.
I thi k he is better than what they have and wouldn't be the crazy money they are talking for Alison or Oblak
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

I'd be happy to see Ward get a chance.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 13, 2018, 02:28:13 PM
I thi k he is better than what they have and wouldn't be the crazy money they are talking for Alison or Oblak

Hes a big fcuker, I was watching the England squad applauding their fans the other night and he stood out!!

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on July 13, 2018, 02:47:24 PM

Hes a big fcuker, I was watching the England squad applauding their fans the other night and he stood out!!

This seems like a reasonable alternative.

https://talksport.com/football/399625/liverpool-transfer-news-barcelona-set-25m-asking-price-for-shot-stopper-jasper-cillessen/

supersub

Wouldn't be taking an English keeper. Too much hype and build up only to be let hang if they make a mistake.

Milltown Row2

Player makes 2 mistakes and he's being hung out to dry! Ffs he's was suffering concussion. Good keeper hopefully Liverpool keep him as no1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Insane Bolt

Boys on here a bit like DUP.... no Pope here😂

Boycey

I heard Brian Kerr describe him during the World Cup "he used to be a little roundy fella"