Australia

Started by joebloggs, April 05, 2009, 10:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joebloggs

Heading to Australia later in the year for 4-5 weeks. Will be staying in and around Melbourne for the most of it but would fancy heading somewhere else for a few days. Anyone any suggestions where to go and also anything around Melbourne worth looking at?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Our Nail Loney

Do a search there are are a good lot of Oz threads floating about, or pm Aerlik/Jim Stynes/Hitzelsperger... The three of them all down under at the mo...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: joebloggs on April 05, 2009, 10:57:02 PM
Heading to Australia later in the year for 4-5 weeks. Will be staying in and around Melbourne for the most of it but would fancy heading somewhere else for a few days. Anyone any suggestions where to go and also anything around Melbourne worth looking at?

Took the Indian-Pacific train from Sydney to Perth when I was there a few years ago, lasts three days, but you see a great cross-section of the place.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Orior

Anyone here on the board from South Australia?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on April 05, 2009, 11:34:00 PM
In South Australia I was born.

I want to hear from people who are in South Australia now mucker.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Heave away! haul away!

Rav67

Always thought it strange that a song which is clearly an English colonialist song gets sang by so many Irish nationalist folk groups!  Great tune though

ONeill

With a bottle of whiskey in my hand
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

blewuporstuffed

lived in melbourne for a year, great city and plenty to do round and about.
try and get to an AFL game at the MCG or the telstra.
Philip island is worth a visit to see the penguins.
The great ocean road is a great road trip too.
try and get a surfing lesson at either of the above places
as mentioned, you could take a spin out to ramsey street, just to say you've been there, and some of the neighbours nights are good oul craic.
theres alot of other stuff but thats just what comes to mind.
PM me if you wanna know anything else
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either