Sunday Independent Sport

Started by Bud Wiser, April 16, 2017, 06:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

The Sunday Independent today had 16 pages of "Sport".   A copy and paste of all the English soccer matches, a regurgitated article about Diarmuid Connolly and Lee Keegan and the rest was about Rugby.  There was not one inch given to the League Hurling Semi-Finals, not a mention and Iarnrod Eireann ran a train service that arrived in McDonagh Station at 4pm.  There were 20,000 at the game and probably 140,000 watching it on TV but these gob5hite5 dont want to know about our national sport on an Easter Sunday.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

seafoid

Quote from: Bud Wiser on April 16, 2017, 06:29:19 PM
The Sunday Independent today had 16 pages of "Sport".   A copy and paste of all the English soccer matches, a regurgitated article about Diarmuid Connolly and Lee Keegan and the rest was about Rugby.  There was not one inch given to the League Hurling Semi-Finals, not a mention and Iarnrod Eireann ran a train service that arrived in McDonagh Station at 4pm.  There were 20,000 at the game and probably 140,000 watching it on TV but these gob5hite5 dont want to know about our national sport on an Easter Sunday.
Very poor form. They probably needed the space for the arselicking of Trump Og and the latest news about Prince George
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

From the Bunker

I solved that problem nearly 8 years ago. I stopped buying the Sunday Independent. I stopped buying papers! I care not what most journalists think. It's hard not to read a (former player) Journalist without seeing his agenda. Count yourself lucky that you don't (I presume) buy The (Horrible) Sunday World or the (nearly worse) Mail on Sunday.

macdanger2

Tbf, it's your own fault for buying the Indo.

Don't usually buy the paper but at home for the weekend and my folks have the Sunday times - 7 pages of soccer, 4 rugby, 2 gaa, 1 horse racing, golf & motor sport.

manfromdelmonte

Do people still buy newspapers

galwayman

Sunday Times sports section used to be really good.
They have cut it back in size by about half I would say over the past few years & it's not worth buying anymore as a result.

waterfordlad

There was half a page on the hurling semi finals but I agree wasn't great coverage.

Avondhu star

What do you expect them to do? Not give coverage to Rory McIlroys stag in Miami or Roz getting her pussy shaved
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

seafoid

Sindo sales have been falling for a few years and advertising has migrated to Facebook. Soccer articles are cheap.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

RTÉ sport on 6 o'clock News wetting themselves over a rugby junket if a makes upon team playing meaningless friendlies next Summer.
Not a word about GAA affairs.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on April 19, 2017, 07:38:28 PM
RTÉ sport on 6 o'clock News wetting themselves over a rugby junket if a makes upon team playing meaningless friendlies next Summer.

In fairness the Lions announcement is probably bigger news than Galway preparing to shît the bed in another national final..

mouview

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2017, 08:02:02 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 19, 2017, 07:38:28 PM

In fairness the Lions announcement is probably bigger news than Galway preparing to shît the bed in another national final..

;D ;D ;D

Roscommon's appearances in recent finals haven't gone down too well, have they? More like going down too easy...

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Could never understand the Lions thing

Avondhu star

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 20, 2017, 03:27:05 PM

Probably a lot would prefer them to still be called the British Lions
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

From the Bunker

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 20, 2017, 03:27:05 PM

Yeah, it seemed to me to over-rate the southern hemisphere teams that we have to send an amalgamation of the Triple crown teams to give them a game.