O'Moore Park

7 October 2019
19:45
The Harps vs Ballyfin
O'Moore Park

From http://www.laoisgaa.ie/ [30 Sept. 2019]
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Neutralobserver

rosenallis should have to much for colt but with ballyfin in a replay this week in football and such heavy underfoot conditions it might just hamper them abit against a fresh harps team

Silkyskillssunshinee

A Rosenallis v The Harps final looks nailed on. It would be some achievement if Rosenallis were Senior in both codes considering the base from which they came from. They could be the best dual club in the county!

Don Draper

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on October 01, 2019, 10:44:05 AM
A Rosenallis v The Harps final looks nailed on. It would be some achievement if Rosenallis were Senior in both codes considering the base from which they came from. They could be the best dual club in the county!
Surely thats Ballyfin

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Don Draper on October 01, 2019, 10:53:07 AM
Surely thats Ballyfin

Could be either depending on if one of then goes up!

Don Draper

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on October 01, 2019, 11:10:02 AM
Surely thats Ballyfin

But Ballyfin are in a senior football semi final, and have played both codes at senior in recent years. For all you know, Rosenallis could come down in both next year.

Both to be commended nonetheless and make a nonsense of the dual club/player thing.

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Don Draper on October 01, 2019, 11:15:58 AM
Surely thats Ballyfin

But Ballyfin are in a senior football semi final, and have played both codes at senior in recent years. For all you know, Rosenallis could come down in both next year.

Both to be commended nonetheless and make a nonsense of the dual club/player thing.
i would shade ballyfin also as rosenallis only after going up and had relatively handy draws in both codes. ballyfin continue to impress.
would any1 in here class abbleyiex and ballyroan/abbey as dual or how many play both codes?

The PRO

Quote from: Neutralobserver on October 01, 2019, 01:47:33 PM
Surely thats Ballyfin

i would shade ballyfin also as rosenallis only after going up and had relatively handy draws in both codes. ballyfin continue to impress.
would any1 in here class abbleyiex and ballyroan/abbey as dual or how many play both codes?
Ballyroan Abbey and Abbeyleix are not a dual club. No way.
Ballyroan Abbey footballers hurl with Colt, Abbeyleix, Ballypickas and Patk Ratheniska and maybe other hurling clubs.

Neutralobserver

Quote from: The PRO on October 01, 2019, 02:43:55 PM
Quote from: Neutralobserver on October 01, 2019, 01:47:33 PM
Surely thats Ballyfin

Ballyroan Abbey and Abbeyleix are not a dual club. No way.
Ballyroan Abbey footballers hurl with Colt, Abbeyleix, Ballypickas and Patk Ratheniska and maybe other hurling clubs.
thanks for clarifying that

merman

A couple of weeks ago, I felt Colt had a chance of an upset. Preparations were going well and the Group Format saw them find a bit of form and players had fitted into positions that were really suiting them. They were hitting scores from distance and were tightening up at the other end, though concerns still persisted.
However, Rosenallis' obliteration of Mountrath put down a serious marker and I'm not sure how they'll be stopped in this one. They have scoring threats all over the pitch and barring a Football hangover, I think they'll have too much.

Rosenallis by 8.

Ballyfin should be leggy. The heavy going and hectic schedule should be telling but the closer I get, the more I think they have a chance here.
The caveat is that in Podge Delaney, The Harps have the classiest operator in this division. He's capable of dominating this game and if he does, The Harps win. If however, Ballyfin get a sniff and take the game to The Harps, their power and athleticism might strangle this game and negate the sweeper. If that happens, they could test The Harps defence severely and I think there are frailties there.
The Harps should win. They're the best team in the competition but I've a feeling they might come up just short...

Ballyfin by 2.

Neutralobserver

Hats off to county board and harps club for allowing ballyfin extra few days for recovery following football heroics. True sportsmanship there

Keyser Söze

I think this will be relatively straightforward is.

I was confident that Colt Would be able to hold Ballyfin, but Rosenallis are a different proposition. They carry a far greater spread of scoring threats than Ballyfin. I actually think they have reached the stage of the year where the distractions have lessened. No football in the coming weeks and I'm sure there is no conflict or dilemma about the Laois hurling championship taking precedence over the Leinster football to come. At the end of the day this is a limited, but honest, Colt team. They are building and getting younger but the fact remains that Chris Murray is still the main man and ultimately his contribution will decide how close they get.

I cannot see the harps slipping up in the other one. They are comfortable E and mid-ranking senior team. Unless they go into a meltdown or Deegan tightens the conservative rein even further, they will have more than enough here. They won't win by 10 points but I think will be comfortable winning by half that figure. I just don't see the spread of hurlers that others seem to see in Ballyfin. Colt Fairly comfortably Wrapped them up and this is a serious step up on Colt.

So for me it's Rosenallis by six and The Harps by five.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Neutralobserver on October 04, 2019, 09:23:52 PM
Hats off to county board and harps club for allowing ballyfin extra few days for recovery following football heroics. True sportsmanship there
What date will this match be rescheduled to?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Neutralobserver

Mossy Bruce

Colt 0-9
Rosenallis 3-15

Jayz, quite a trouncing, there.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!