Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

GAA player has ear bitten off in brawl

A GAA player based in Britain, who had to receive medical treatment after bitten in an on-field brawl, now faces the prospect of losing part of his ear.

A report in today's Irish Examiner, relates how the incident took place last Sunday, in a Warwickshire Senior Football League game between Sean McDermotts and Roger Casements. John Dowling, a 22- year-old, playing for the former, was bitten on the side of his head, during a brawl which erupted midway through the second half.

The match was abandoned, and Dowling, from Birmingham, was immediately rushed to a local hospital. Doctors have yet to decide their next course of action, as they are waiting for the swelling on the players ear to go down. However, Sean McDermott club vice chairman, Steve McGerr, has said that there is a strong possibility that part of the players ear may have to be removed.

The Warwickshire County Board have refused to comment on the incident, as they are still awaiting the referee's match report.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on April 08, 2011, 03:45:33 PM
GAA player has ear bitten off in brawl

A GAA player based in Britain, who had to receive medical treatment after bitten in an on-field brawl, now faces the prospect of losing part of his ear.

A report in today's Irish Examiner, relates how the incident took place last Sunday, in a Warwickshire Senior Football League game between Sean McDermotts and Roger Casements. John Dowling, a 22- year-old, playing for the former, was bitten on the side of his head, during a brawl which erupted midway through the second half.

The match was abandoned, and Dowling, from Birmingham, was immediately rushed to a local hospital. Doctors have yet to decide their next course of action, as they are waiting for the swelling on the players ear to go down. However, Sean McDermott club vice chairman, Steve McGerr, has said that there is a strong possibility that part of the players ear may have to be removed.

The Warwickshire County Board have refused to comment on the incident, as they are still awaiting the referee's match report.

Eerie.
MWWSI 2017

new devil

Puckoon

Ear fellas - enough of that. This ear is a s ear ious story.

EagleLord

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

muppet

MWWSI 2017

BarryBreensBandage

"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

AlriteHorse

Jesus lads, a man loses his ear and all we have is the likes of Muppet coming in and acting the coch-lea.

(No offence Muppet, just picked a name at random from the page.)
Allez les bleus! Forza azzurri!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Bertie Ahern advises Nigeria on business

Here's an excerpt from his speech:

Well, as you're probably all aware by now we took our collective eye off the economic ball in Ireland, and as result they're, sorry, we're all fairly broke at this point. So the lesson for you all there is keep an eye on the economy and you won't go far wrong.

Anyways, that's enough of the bad news, now for some good news, and boy do I have a great opportunity for all of you great business people.

It so happens that I am a direct descendant of one Brian Boru, one time King of Ireland who, though he fought very valiantly in the Battle of Clontarf, was ultimately unsuccessful, and he died. Before he died, however, he passed on details of great wealth that he had accumulated over his lifetime to a forebear of mine, and as luck would have it, incredibly, I have just been made aware of his vast wealth.

In order to release this massive wealth, which is all very securely held in timelocked vaults all over the world, I need to enrol as many Nigerians, i.e., yourselves, as possible to share in it -- this was one of his deathbed stipulations, it had to be Nigerian business people. So if you'd all just like to write down your names and bank account details immediately on this  piece of paper that I'm passing around a great fortune awaits you...
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Margaret Thatcher had an Irish Grandmother?!?!?
Testing Accessibility

muppet

MWWSI 2017