Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 08:57:39 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 08:19:45 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 07:22:37 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 07:09:36 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 03:15:12 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 02:43:06 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 28, 2019, 02:10:11 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 28, 2019, 01:12:37 PM
I don't mind Celtic. Good luck to them etc. But this blind faith, more than a club, we're a big Irish parish, Rodgers is a cheating sex addict shite is embarrassing. They're a football business.
There's also a huge sectarian element that's just glossed over. Both Celtic and Rangers feed off this to try and generate profits, which makes me a little uneasy.

You obviously don't know much about Celtics's history then.

What part is he wrong about? He's right about clubs having major issues with sectarian abuse towards opposing teams. Only this week I listened to scottish journalist discussing the issue. Steve Clarke had problems with sectarian abuse from Rangers fans and Kris Boyd got sectarian abuse from Celtic fans. Neither club seems to be doing anything to try and stamp it out and its always been there. You only have to see the poisonous atmosphere at old firm games on the tv no matter who's at home. One reason why I try to discourage my son from watching Celtic or scottish football
maybe do your research before posting such uninformed statements.

That's like saying you wouldn't let your son support Dublin in Gaelic football because they are known to be drunk, tattoo wielding, dole cheating , drug involved scumbags

If you don't like Celtic that's fine.
Interesting you are posting your ill informed misinformed statements on a Celtic thread

So youre saying the main sports writer for a scottish newspaper, steve clarke and Kris Boyd are all wrong and sectarianism doesn't exist in scottish football. I mean, maybe you're right. What would they know. They only live in scotland and either play for report on or mangage scottish premier league teams. As someone who lives in Ireland I assume you clearly understand how things work in scotland and scottish football far better.
I'm pointing out the facile examples you put up.

If the culprits were caught would they face charges of sectarianism for throwing a coin?
No. It's assault or attempted asset.

Your point about neither club ( in fact most clubs in Scotland)
Doing anything about it is also 100%  incorrect.
Go check your facts.

I didn't say sectarianism didnt exist- hence my point that Scottish clubs are trying to take measures to address it.

You don't like Celtic. Fine. But would you believe the bs from journalists about the drunken dubs fans, the drugs being taken on hill 16, poisonous atmosphere from hill 16 etc etc.. 
..would you believe that?
Would you stop your son going to croker and not support Dublin because you read that?

I was a Celtic season ticket holder for 10 years and get over to games every year. Never saw any issues.

You are still posting your ill informed carp on a Celtic thread...

If you don't like Celtic.. why bother reading this thread?

But theyre not addressing it. Steve Clarke is raising his kids outside of glasgow and is delighted they dont know what sectarianism is. That's a damning indictment of both clubs so called efforts to clean up their act. All this holier than thou nonsense and rubbish spouted that its not as bad as Liverpool ot Utd is just nonsense.

Why dont more Irish fans support Hibernian? Wasn't one of their founders an Irish man? Problem there is they arent as successful as Celtic and no bandwagon to jump aboard. If its one thing Irish fans do well is get behind a winning team

I won't resort to your level.

Go check it out.
All the Scottish clubs are a dressing it.

Get yiur head out of the sand

Just because you don't want to acknowledge it doesn't mean it isn't happening.
I'm sure the hooligan element is as bad if not worse in England.
.. songs about plane crashes, collapsing stadia and organised fighting after or before games...

Same thought process coukd be applied to 75% of Dublin fans... their ancestry is culchie... so surely they should be following leitrum or longford etc

Your arguments are without any research or understanding.

Plus again.. if you hate Celtic..  why comment here.
Your kid  has some role model... and is going to be  equally as socially ignorant and inept it would seem

Its as bad now as it was 20 years ago. Thats not me saying it thats scottish press who can look on it in a non biased way. Its farcical how Irish people, living in Ireland seem to think sectarianism isnt a big deal in scotland. Yet theyll criticise Liverpool and Utd fans and claim theyre worse for singing songs.

Im amazed Lennon went back to Celtic (and his family agreed) given all the s**te he had to deal with on and off the pitch. No amount of money is worth that. I cant belive hed want tje job on a full time basis (or his family would let him take it)

ned

Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 10:13:33 PM
I don't mind Celtic. Good luck to them etc. But this blind faith, more than a club, we're a big Irish parish, Rodgers is a cheating sex addict shite is embarrassing. They're a football business.
There's also a huge sectarian element that's just glossed over. Both Celtic and Rangers feed off this to try and generate profits, which makes me a little uneasy.

What part is he wrong about? He's right about clubs having major issues with sectarian abuse towards opposing teams. Only this week I listened to scottish journalist discussing the issue. Steve Clarke had problems with sectarian abuse from Rangers fans and Kris Boyd got sectarian abuse from Celtic fans. Neither club seems to be doing anything to try and stamp it out and its always been there. You only have to see the poisonous atmosphere at old firm games on the tv no matter who's at home. One reason why I try to discourage my son from watching Celtic or scottish football

That's like saying you wouldn't let your son support Dublin in Gaelic football because they are known to be drunk, tattoo wielding, dole cheating , drug involved scumbags

Interesting you are posting your ill informed misinformed statements on a Celtic thread

So youre saying the main sports writer for a scottish newspaper, steve clarke and Kris Boyd are all wrong and sectarianism doesn't exist in scottish football. I mean, maybe you're right. What would they know. They only live in scotland and either play for report on or mangage scottish premier league teams. As someone who lives in Ireland I assume you clearly understand how things work in scotland and scottish football far better.

If the culprits were caught would they face charges of sectarianism for throwing a coin?

Go check your facts.

I didn't say sectarianism didnt exist- hence my point that Scottish clubs are trying to take measures to address it.

You don't like Celtic. Fine. But would you believe the bs from journalists about the drunken dubs fans, the drugs being taken on hill 16, poisonous atmosphere from hill 16 etc etc.. 
Would you stop your son going to croker and not support Dublin because you read that?

I was a Celtic season ticket holder for 10 years and get over to games every year. Never saw any issues.

But theyre not addressing it. Steve Clarke is raising his kids outside of glasgow and is delighted they dont know what sectarianism is. That's a damning indictment of both clubs so called efforts to clean up their act. All this holier than thou nonsense and rubbish spouted that its not as bad as Liverpool ot Utd is just nonsense.

Why dont more Irish fans support Hibernian? Wasn't one of their founders an Irish man? Problem there is they arent as successful as Celtic and no bandwagon to jump aboard. If its one thing Irish fans do well is get behind a winning team

Go check it out.

.. songs about plane crashes, collapsing stadia and organised fighting after or before games...

Same thought process coukd be applied to 75% of Dublin fans... their ancestry is culchie... so surely they should be following leitrum or longford etc

Your kid  has some role model... and is going to be  equally as socially ignorant and inept it would seem

Its as bad now as it was 20 years ago. Thats not me saying it thats scottish press who can look on it in a non biased way. Its farcical how Irish people, living in Ireland seem to think sectarianism isnt a big deal in scotland. Yet theyll criticise Liverpool and Utd fans and claim theyre worse for singing songs.

Im amazed Lennon went back to Celtic (and his family agreed) given all the s**te he had to deal with on and off the pitch. No amount of money is worth that. I cant belive hed want tje job on a full time basis (or his family would let him take it)

Do you live in Scotland? Why would you take a narrow minded, sensationalist media's word for it?
Sectarianism is not a big issue in the wider Scottish society. We've a lot more to be worried about. As for criticising EPL fans you were the one coming into a thread you never normally frequent, spouting inaccuracies about Celtic.

lynchbhoy

According to former Irish and Chelsea star Damien Duff... Celtic is more than a club..

Will you wee fellas write to him ( use spell checker) and put him right!!  ;)

https://www.rte.ie/amp/1033526/

trailer

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 01, 2019, 12:58:16 AM
According to former Irish and Chelsea star Damien Duff... Celtic is more than a club..

Damien 'Dinosaurs' Duff. Loved Celtic so much he never actually bothered to play for them.

More than just a club. A big GAA parish. Not Sectarian. No cheesy grinned sex cheats need apply.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: trailer on March 01, 2019, 07:21:18 AM

Damien 'Dinosaurs' Duff. Loved Celtic so much he never actually bothered to play for them.

More than just a club. A big GAA parish. Not Sectarian. No cheesy grinned sex cheats need apply.
Good luck in your 11+ /junior cert

tonto1888

Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 10:13:33 PM

Go check your facts.

Go check it out.

Scottish press impartial? Really?

I wouldn't trust the Scottish press at all. This is the press that printed a story with the tagging 'Barry Fergusson:my kids want to know why I'm being called an orange b**tard' with a photo showing Barry with said kids, one of whom is wearing a scarf with the words you can stick you rosary up your arse.

I'm a Celtic fan and I'm not blind. We have idiots in our support, the video posted above being an example. But the Scottish press label rebel songs as sectarian which they aren't. Their relevance at games is a different debate. I also lived in England for a long time and our fans are nowhere near the level of idiocy as English football fans

tonto1888

You're a f**king p***k

charlieTully

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2019, 04:49:15 PM

You're a f**king p***k

+1

trailer

Quote from: charlieTully on March 01, 2019, 05:58:10 PM

You're a f**king p***k

+1

Quite the argument you two intellectuals have put together there.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: trailer on March 01, 2019, 06:15:14 PM

You're a f**king p***k

+1

It obv didn't take much to match the half witted diatribe they responded to

Shouldn't you be studying?
On evidence on contributions you've made thus far, I'd suspect you'd need most of your waking hours to do so..

tonto1888

Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 01, 2019, 06:42:23 PM

You're a f**king p***k

+1

On evidence on contributions you've made thus far, I'd suspect you'd need most of your waking hours to do so..

I know I shouldn't have and apologies to the mods but the crap this person posts just finally got the better of mE. Is there an ignore button?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 01, 2019, 07:07:36 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 01, 2019, 06:42:23 PM

You're a f**king p***k

+1

I know I shouldn't have and apologies to the mods but the crap this person posts just finally got the better of mE. Is there an ignore button?
I'd say they are a lot quieter in real life

I recall when internet communications initiated, there was such a thing as internet etiquette. Prob almost 3 decades ago.
In real life, just good manners.
But sitting behind a computer has caused etiquette and manners to disappear.
This causes the decent folk such as yourself to become annoyed.
There are plenty on here liked that. Most not on this soccer thread but on one or two other ones.
So forget it. I think there is an ignore function.

illdecide

I'll give you my views for what its worth...
Sectarianism is worse in Scotland than it is here in Ireland...FACT (Especially in the West of Scotland), I have spent more time in Scotland than i care to mention and my sister currently lives there. To be fair most of it seems to come out with the footie, the problem with the soccer is you give a decent fella half a dozen pints and put him into that atmosphere he becomes that. Sad but true, I haven't been to a Celtic v Sevco match yet and haven't been to a Celtic v Rangers game in many a year because the poison and vile shit is just not right. I can't speak for Sevco but as far as Celtic is concerned they have their idiots like most teams i suppose but it is a small enough minority in fairness.
As for the clowns on here trying to stir the shit and wind people up...Why?. You're even trying to convince yourself that you're contributing to the thread but you know you're not, you've hardly had a post on the Celtic thread but all of a sudden you throw out the fishing hook and  catch a few to wind up...Wise up.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

As for the game tomorrow evening...I just hope we can get through this game as this is where Celtic will be vulnerable for a few weeks until Neil gets his footprint on the team, Hibs will be up for this big time but i suppose Neil will know any weaknesses in the Hibs team and exploit them. C McGregor will be a big miss and has been our outstanding player this year, with R Christie and big Tam still out.

Get thru this and home to Aberdeen next sat then the International break which hopefully these three lads will be looking for a comeback against Dundee on St Pats day so they can be ready for Sevco on 31st March (Mothers Day)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch