7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Insane Bolt

Quote from: michaelg on February 28, 2019, 11:22:23 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 27, 2019, 10:11:13 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 27, 2019, 10:09:43 PM

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on February 27, 2019, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 27, 2019, 09:56:40 PM
Good to see a wee club get a result after a tough week... fair play!

Anti Utd & Celtic this man..... :o

I'm actually not anti Celtic I like to see them do well. The craziness of some supporters and this "oh but we're more than just a club" thing gets on my wick a bit because Celtic are the same as every other club a business and a brand.

Petty.
Talking about petty, is it true that the non-sectarian (more than) a club insisted on Dominos changing the branding on their pizza kiosk at Parkhead because the support couldn't tolerate the company's traditional colours?

Take a redner Michael😂

trailer

I don't mind Celtic. Good luck to them etc. But this blind faith, more than a club, we're a big Irish parish, Rodgers is a cheating sex addict shite is embarrassing. They're a football business.
There's also a huge sectarian element that's just glossed over. Both Celtic and Rangers feed off this to try and generate profits, which makes me a little uneasy.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: trailer on February 28, 2019, 01:12:37 PM
I don't mind Celtic. Good luck to them etc. But this blind faith, more than a club, we're a big Irish parish, Rodgers is a cheating sex addict shite is embarrassing. They're a football business.
There's also a huge sectarian element that's just glossed over. Both Celtic and Rangers feed off this to try and generate profits, which makes me a little uneasy.
You obv want to think that

Doesn't make any of that true

lenny

You obviously don't know much about Celtics's history then.

dublin7

Quote from: lenny on February 28, 2019, 02:10:11 PM

What part is he wrong about? He's right about clubs having major issues with sectarian abuse towards opposing teams. Only this week I listened to scottish journalist discussing the issue. Steve Clarke had problems with sectarian abuse from Rangers fans and Kris Boyd got sectarian abuse from Celtic fans. Neither club seems to be doing anything to try and stamp it out and its always been there. You only have to see the poisonous atmosphere at old firm games on the tv no matter who's at home. One reason why I try to discourage my son from watching Celtic or scottish football

Dolph1

Quote from: michaelg on February 28, 2019, 11:22:23 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on February 27, 2019, 10:11:13 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 27, 2019, 10:09:43 PM

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on February 27, 2019, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 27, 2019, 09:56:40 PM
Good to see a wee club get a result after a tough week... fair play!

Anti Utd & Celtic this man..... :o

I'm actually not anti Celtic I like to see them do well. The craziness of some supporters and this "oh but we're more than just a club" thing gets on my wick a bit because Celtic are the same as every other club a business and a brand.

Petty.
Talking about petty, is it true that the non-sectarian (more than) a club insisted on Dominos changing the branding on their pizza kiosk at Parkhead because the support couldn't tolerate the company's traditional colours?

I found this little beauty in the archives :)

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers-celtic-bans-green-boots-colour-pedro-caixinha-scottish-premiership-a7819131.html

Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Dougal Maguire

You're dead right. Keep him on the old PlayStation he'll be much safer there
Careful now

lynchbhoy

Quote from: dublin7 on February 28, 2019, 02:43:06 PM
Quote from: lenny on February 28, 2019, 02:10:11 PM

What part is he wrong about? He's right about clubs having major issues with sectarian abuse towards opposing teams. Only this week I listened to scottish journalist discussing the issue. Steve Clarke had problems with sectarian abuse from Rangers fans and Kris Boyd got sectarian abuse from Celtic fans. Neither club seems to be doing anything to try and stamp it out and its always been there. You only have to see the poisonous atmosphere at old firm games on the tv no matter who's at home. One reason why I try to discourage my son from watching Celtic or scottish football
maybe do your research before posting such uninformed statements.

That's like saying you wouldn't let your son support Dublin in Gaelic football because they are known to be drunk, tattoo wielding, dole cheating , drug involved scumbags

If you don't like Celtic that's fine.
Interesting you are posting your ill informed misinformed statements on a Celtic thread

lynchbhoy

Quote from: trailer on February 28, 2019, 04:11:40 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47402200
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47404999

From last night. Not sectarian.

You still posting on the Celtic thread!!!???

Coin throwing is hooliganism. ..
Not sectarianism.
It's prevalent in Scotland and I believe it occurs in English leagues too

Sectarian singing...
Lol

I think it's a l load of cobblers... but we have that in rugby and Gaelic games too.... only its called sledging I believe..

Please check out what clubs in Scotland have done to try stop sectarianism..
Obj you need to do a bit of research before you throw stones..

Esmarelda

Is singing The Boys Of The Old Brigade sectarian?

tonto1888

Quote from: Orior on February 28, 2019, 07:54:03 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 27, 2019, 10:25:52 PM

Years ago did Celtic lure MON from Leicester? Sounds like quid pro quo to me.

Not the same and you well know it. Besides people aren't having a go at Leicester

tonto1888

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 28, 2019, 10:38:08 AM
I don't think Celtic fans are too bothered by Rodgers actually leaving. Short term - they'll probably win everything anyway. Longer term....new manager, cut a few corners financially on Rodgers and bank the compo, probably still well ahead of the pack in Scotland. One bad managerial appointment will probably still not cost them dearly either.

The issue Celtic fans seem to have is that this shows just how far down the food chain the Scottish Premier League has become and where Celtic are, it's hard for them to accept that Leicester City are considered a bigger challenge - but quite clearly, it is.
No the issue we have is that he left at such a crucial stage of the season

Targetman

Good to see Celtic generating so much interest here, we could go days and there'd be nothing of note to discuss, my main concern would be slippy Brendan trying to tempt a few of our main players to Leicester!!

Orior

Quote from: lynchbhoy on February 28, 2019, 05:10:45 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 28, 2019, 04:11:40 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47402200
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47404999

From last night. Not sectarian.

You still posting on the Celtic thread!!!???

Coin throwing is hooliganism. ..
Not sectarianism.
It's prevalent in Scotland and I believe it occurs in English leagues too

Sectarian singing...
Lol

I think it's a l load of cobblers... but we have that in rugby and Gaelic games too.... only its called sledging I believe..

Please check out what clubs in Scotland have done to try stop sectarianism..
Obj you need to do a bit of research before you throw stones..

Did the keeper try to pick up the coin? Celtic players get booked in Belfast for doing that.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians