Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TyroneOnlooker

Greencastle got a good win yesterday at last and put up a big enough score too. Might save themselves yet.

HalfBack7

Any truth that a referee was hit in the Drumquin v Newtown reserve championship game on Friday night.

GetOverTheBar

That all clubs on lockdown now until mid August ?

Assuming Tyrone beat Cork?

Under Lights

Division 3 could run ahead, maybe even throw in the championship at this stage, no county men this year.

Couple of refixtures this week and then a break for 2 weeks for July holidays. Can see maybe one or two more league games then the championship being played in D3.
They won't want to finish the league because it will be too long waiting on D2 to finish up for promotion/Relegation playoffs.

chieftain

12 reserve games conceded across the three divisions over the weekend. Time for a change of tact with reserves?? play them as a seperate league on a friday night/sat night, ..if you start the senior game the previous week you cant play the next reserve league game. Start the leagues off as the same senior standings but then have promotion etc from that year on. Reserves was always a great way to blood new players or get players back into form to push onto senior teams, but with so many games conceded (there was at least 180 players over weekend with no football) drop off rates are going to soar surely if something isnt done!

omagh_gael

Fully agree as we've had another weekend without a game. We've also had to concede a few ourselves.

The separation sounds good and play them on a different day, however, you're still faced with the issue that evening games on a Friday are a struggle because so many men work away down the country and can't get back. Furthermore,  a lot of clubs stronger reserve players augment the senior bench and you could have half a dozen players having games on two days during Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Counties like down and Monaghan separate them, not 100% on what their cancellation rates are like though. Would be interesting to find out.

Tyrone Gaa

I think a fresh approach is needed to reserve games as well.  A stand alone fixture list is required with different divisions.  Senior panels hold back 3-5 players that are caught between reserves and seniors that get no football because the game is played on the same day.  There are 2 many games when they are played are uncompetitive due to the gaps in standards.

I agree with the early championship with the reserves though.  Works better than running around in November trying to gather boys that are still hanging about
Living the dream!!!

GetOverTheBar

Agreed that something needs to be done about reserve fixtures but I thought things this year, from what I've seen with my own club (Division 1), every fixture has been played thus far?

I don't think it's a coincidence that reserve championship was only played last week - for alot of teams, that essentially ended their season....into July, Belsonic, Holidays, Football starting....it's inevitable every year.

redzone

Maybe a simple rule if one team only has 12 players then it still has to be played 12 a side and maybe reduce the time accordingly to maybe 40 min. It could still be played 10 a side.
Also club minor football needs to be wrapped up sooner. That would prob free up a few extra players for each club, but after 12 games the season has been a success reserve wise. It's never Gona be a case of every game been played

LeoMc

Minors definitely running later this year. We were at the semifinals by the beginning of  July last year.

GaaFanatic123

Do we think the top 4 is set now?
Personally I think the only change could possibly be Donaghmore who play Dromore and I think the winner of that game will secure the final 4th position as at the minute there is only 1 point between the sides.

Also an interesting fact I heard today but surely it cant be true is that before the weekend it was 27 years since Trillick had beaten Dromore??

Quarterback

Pattern of events last night in the Galbally v Ardboe Game

10 Mins left to play in the second half and Galbally are about to go 11 points up from a short free
Galbally forward goes short, goal chance is on when there is a collision between Ardboe keeper and his own midfielder
Keeper is able to pull off a save AFTER the collision the proceeds to lie down
Ardboe manager runs straight to the referee and shouts 'Call an Ambulance' then goes to see how his player is
Keeper remains lying on the field for over an hour until ambulance comes
Meantime Ardboe players walk of the field including their well known manager and go home roughly around 10 mins after the initial incident with no concern for the 'seriously injured' keeper
Galbally offer to play the remainder of the game under lights - Ardboe don't agree and offer a point each
Keeper is later released from the hospital with a stiff neck!

Under Lights

Quote from: Quarterback on July 03, 2018, 08:48:08 AM
Pattern of events last night in the Galbally v Ardboe Game

10 Mins left to play in the second half and Galbally are about to go 11 points up from a short free
Galbally forward goes short, goal chance is on when there is a collision between Ardboe keeper and his own midfielder
Keeper is able to pull off a save AFTER the collision the proceeds to lie down
Ardboe manager runs straight to the referee and shouts 'Call an Ambulance' then goes to see how his player is
Keeper remains lying on the field for over an hour until ambulance comes
Meantime Ardboe players walk of the field including their well known manager and go home roughly around 10 mins after the initial incident with no concern for the 'seriously injured' keeper
Galbally offer to play the remainder of the game under lights - Ardboe don't agree and offer a point each
Keeper is later released from the hospital with a stiff neck!

I wasn't even there.

Club boi

So was the game not finished??

Which "well known manager" are we talking about here??

Quarterback

Game was abandoned.

Manager - County No 2 - Stands on the line roaring abuse as apposing teams.  Lout