"The Dubs"

Started by Bulwinkle, September 09, 2007, 02:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulwinkle

Quote from: Tankie on September 09, 2007, 07:22:05 PM
was at the game today, there was a decent enough crowd there. seemed to be some issue getting people into the stadium, also head that they ran out of tickets so it must have been a bigger than expected crowd.

fair play lad for going today.

From the Bunker

Look it was an AI under 21 final with Dublin in it (with not a traditional Hurling backround). Fair dues to the people who turned out, especially the novices, they have to start being a novice somewhere. Please leave this anti-Dubs Sh1te out.

Bulwinkle

If i was anti-dublin would i have expressed my pity at the score or paid credit to the genuine fans who had went to the game?

orangeman

Peter Mc Kenna - stadium sirector explained that the ticketing system malfunctioned and they had to let 2-3k people in free.

Gnevin

Quote from: orangeman on September 09, 2007, 11:27:33 PM
Peter Mc Kenna - stadium sirector explained that the ticketing system malfunctioned and they had to let 2-3k people in free.
Not for free had to pay at the gate or atleast thats what i heard after the match
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

orangeman

Are you sure Gnevin - it was as if they were LET in - i.e FREE ????

Gnevin

Quote from: orangeman on September 09, 2007, 11:36:39 PM
Are you sure Gnevin - it was as if they were LET in - i.e FREE ????
Only reporting what i heard , the lads i we talking to had to pay at the gate , Now maybe other got in for free , i don't know
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

orangeman

Who was keeping track of how many got in then ? Whose official attendance figures were they ? One for you - one for me -

Declan

They did run out of tickets- At the outlet in Drumcondra anyway - huge amount of people didn't get in and just went to the pub or left -(like me). Also talking to lads last night who got in for nothing.

Barney

Quoteps Croker is a neutral venue

Then why do Dublin always get to train in front of the Hill if they want, are now let out first to ensure that happens, and get all the tickets for the hill?

heffo

Quote from: gerry on September 09, 2007, 10:09:36 PM
"Best fans in the world??" Sure they filled Croker when they played Tyrone in the league but only 700 or so traveled to see them play Cork away in the next match. If they are the best fans in the world, how come they are always late for matches in Croker.

Not true. There were a few thousand Dublin fans in Pairc Ui Rinn - there were more Dublin fans than Cork fans (as always)

heffo

Quote from: Bulwinkle on September 09, 2007, 02:17:41 PM
..watching the Under 21 Final i see once again "The Dubs" the self proclaimed best fans in the world are on song.  The Hill is rocking.....and that "special atmosphere" that "The Dubs" bring to Croke Park is filling the air.

** To the Dublin fans who were at the match, you are the genuine article, you are proper fans and fair play to you all.  Pity about the scoreline so far.

Can you cite a link where a Dublin poster has claimed that Dublin have the best fans in the world, and also post the link where it was decided that this poster would speak for all Dublin fans.

The Hill was closed.

The ticketing was a joke - people were queing for up to an hour only to be told there were no more tickets. Then there was a huge rush around to the Hogan when a rumour started that tickets were available there

Billys Boots

QuoteDubs: Best fans in GAA, end of storey.

Why bring up Storey, is it cos Wexford won yesterday?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Gnevin

Quote from: Barney on September 10, 2007, 08:26:24 AM

Then why do Dublin always get to train in front of the Hill if they want, are now let out first to ensure that happens, and get all the tickets for the hill?
Fact tickets are always offered to the country team for every part of the stadium
Fact i got 2 hill tickets from a Kerry club and 2 from a Laois club for them games .
I guess it's because like the Tickets the country teams don't want to train their .

his holiness nb

Quote from: Barney on September 10, 2007, 08:26:24 AM

All the hill tickets??
Sure didnt Kerry "take" the hill at the semi  ;)
Ask me holy bollix